Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

If WC split pick 3, which seems likely, suggest it should be our objective that it comes to us.

Reactions: 8 users
Baker is 27 next season. Not a mid, not a key position player & his form this season wasn't great. Role player albeit a talented one.
I'd think 18-21 or whatever this draft throws up would be a reasonable return tbh.

The Fremantle offer puts pressure on West Coast if nothing else to give us a better deal, if they really want him.

Let's see what happens..
yep.

I do think Baker's lack of form this season is a bit overstated. He was very good in the first half of the season and I suspect the decision about his future weighed on his mind a bit in the latter parts of the season.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
If WC split pick 3, which seems likely, suggest it should be our objective that it comes to us.
That's really what we want.

Clarke is under immense pressure. He stuffed the Barrass-14-Baker deals up and now he's staring an F1 and no Baker in the face.

If he doesn't split 3 and get something done for WCE then his time as a List Manager may be short lived.

We need to take advantage of his situation.

Reactions: 7 users
Absolutely Roberto.
We want #13, 15 and 22 for Shai, don't we? That's all Freo's got. Better we trade them up. Freo would just bungle it.

BTW Taylor securing #2 takes the pressure off our deals a bit. If we're out of the race for that. Might give us leeway to string out GCS and the Boats. Sweat em.

Reactions: 4 users
Still reckon GWS might try and get involved in this Baker trade.

Its possible that West Coast could split 3 into 7 and 8 (might need to chuck something in), then split 1 of those picks to 15 and 16 to the Giants, still better than what we are offering potentially with 20.

When we get 10 and 11 for Shai, WC might still think they are in with a chance of Allen with 15 or 16.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyway unlike some here I’m not going to get upset over a few speculative positions in the draft.
What I do know is the last thing we want is to be left with a player who doesn’t want to play for us cause a deal doesn’t get done.
Hopefully it all works out. We will only know with the benefit of hindsight.:cool:

Reactions: 5 users
Still reckon GWS might try and get involved in this Baker trade.

Its possible that West Coast could split 3 into 7 and 8 (might need to chuck something in), then split 1 of those picks to 15 and 16 to the Giants, still better than what we are offering potentially with 20.

When we get 10 and 11 for Shai, WC might still think they are in with a chance of Allen with 15 or 16.
Better.

Shai's 25yo. What might he be worth to Tassie in three years time? The boogie man might give us as much then as the Boats are offering now. Maybe more.

We do have to trade Rioli this year. He's 28. Last year of trade value. But Shai? We've got years. Let those Portside sophisticates put that in their crack pipes and shelve it.

• Love
I am probably wrong as I am going of a distant memory, but if our latter picks got offered instead of 32 wouldn't they have been useless to Brisbane as don't you have to have the equivalent number of list spots available before you can use a pick to match a farther son or academy player, Example if you plan on using 7 junk picks to match a bid don't you need to have seven vacant spots on your list for those picks to be valid?
You have a number of list lodgements still to come. Contracts expiry Oct 31
How many draft positions do you think Brisbane have?
5 have been delisted or retired. Another 4 are out of contract and haven’t been re-signed. 2 are looking to be traded.
Contracts expire October 31. Depending on who or if they recontract any player. Or trade any out. Anywhere between 5 to 11 list vacancies.

They have plenty of options.There are 2 list lodgement periods before the National draft on November 20.PSD and rookie drafts and final List Lodgement.

There is also the DFA periods, there is also the Draft trade pick only period.
So far they have 7 picks worth any points. 5 confirmed vacancies so far. They can condense picks for a single pick, they can still delist after Oct 31, they can still trade players out.
List vacancies for draft numbers are meaningless until it gets to National Draft Day.
For example how many draft picks did we have to start Trade Week with? After trading out a heap we’ve still got 7 picks.

There’s still a fair way to go yet

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I agree, would love pick 3.

I would prefer pick 2 but it looks like if Melbourne want it they will put 5 & 9 on the table and I am not sure we can beat that, or should even try to beat it.

Reactions: 3 users
While I was critical of Blair giving up pick 32 as part of the Brisbane deal, we were competing with Melbourne for that pick 20.
No we weren’t. No other club has the point /pick resources we had that the Lions needed
Our deal gave them over 100 points extra but would only work with pick 32 involved as using out 2 later picks would have breached the AFL rules regarding draft picks and available list spaces.

No it wouldn’t. It had nothing to do with it.
I now understand he had no choice if we were to gain that pick 20 which I believe may be part of trade to gain another high 1st round pick.

You may not win all the battles but if you win the war that is the most important result.

Keep fighting on Blair.
If that was the case how come we had 10 picks before Trade Week and still have 7 now.
Contracts expire on October 31. 20.
The first of 3 list lodgements isn’t until after contracts expire.
The DFA period starts.
The National Draft commences November 20.
Quoted for emphasis, a few people need to read this.
A few people need to know the actual rules and the when they come into effect with different list lodgement dates, contract expiry date, and the other relevant time frames.

Reactions: 2 users
It cannot be calculated exactly because there are future picks involved but my quick calculation is that Essendon are trading out about 1800 points and getting around 3000 back.

It is pretty much irrelevant because both clubs have got what they wanted in the end.
We know that it can't be calculated exactly, but can be estimated. It is relevant as it's happened as it demonstrates how generous clubs can be to get a trade done.

So what's the emphasis? We were competing with Smelbourne? Someone was breaching the draft rules? We need pick 20 for some other trade?
There are none.
They don't know what the actual rules are or when they become relevant.

As I said in an earlier post. We had 10 ? Or more Draft picks coming into trade week. We’ve still got 7 now. And getting what possibly another 5? Rioli = 2, Bolton =2 and Baker=1.

Obviously some people need to read and learn the rules. And others instead of jumping the gun and blindly following that narrative need to do a bit of research themselves :giggle: The old hive mind at work again.

• Haha
I agree, would love pick 3.

I would prefer pick 2 but it looks like if Melbourne want it they will put 5 & 9 on the table and I am not sure we can beat that, or should even try to beat it.
Melbourne putting all their eggs into the one basket. Would only have 2 and 49 if that eventuates. Even sold off their F1. lol if we take the player they are selling the farm for.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Melbourne putting all their eggs into the one basket. Would only have 2 and 49 if that eventuates. Even sold off their F1. lol if we take the player they are selling the farm for.
yep. If RFC was doing what Melbourne is doing this site would go into full meltdown mode

I posted elsewhere that if they do the deal for pick 2 the price they paid for pick 9 would have only bought them an upgrade from pick 5 to pick 2 o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Take the Freo offer and move on otherwise we might end up not get anything other than a couple of disgruntled players and no future.

• Dislike