Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Blair Hartley is the RFC accidental hero. Our version of Stephen Bradbury if we can say. He’s been working on this outcome for years they’re now telling us and it was all planned. He with Clarke totally run our list to the ground where we have our worst season in our history and he jags us pick one. Then three of our best six players want out and he jags another *smile* load of first picks bc of this.
Well done Flair Fartley you’re such a geniarse. 😂
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bradley_(footballer) This guy??

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Blair Hartley is the RFC accidental hero. Our version of Stephen Bradbury if we can say. He’s been working on this outcome for years they’re now telling us and it was all planned. He with Clarke totally run our list to the ground where we have our worst season in our history and he jags us pick one. Then three of our best six players want out and he jags another *smile* load of first picks bc of this.
Well done Flair Fartley you’re such a geniarse. 😂
No doubt those same people will be saying Blair has been planning on getting picks 1 and 2 for years as well. :giggle:

#lolnorf have asked for for picks 6, 10 and 18 or picks 10, 11 and 20 for their pick 2. Or varying combinations around those picks. Will Blair be prepared to trade out? Well he has history and people are happy to back him.
All those posters who apparently don’t rate picks highly would probably think this sounds like a great idea. Especially if Blair says it’s a great deal. History shows Blair thinks early picks are better, using latter picks at any cost 🫣

Me, I think I’d rather keep all our picks. If we miss someone at pick 2 we can always do a revisionist draft and blame..er well someone else. 😎

Keep our picks, see who is left on the board at each pick, if they fall in line with our player rating board, fine, we take them. If we get an overs offer we can decide then which is the greater benefit.
If we get offered a couple of decent future picks, obviously it depends on how 2025 players are rated compared to this draft. Hopefully for our latter picks and we are offered overs.
We probably will never have this opportunity again.

We’ll see. It’s going to be very interesting and I have no doubt there will be very robust discussions going on with our List Manager/recruiters.

Reactions: 1 user
No doubt those same people will be saying Blair has been planning on getting picks 1 and 2 for years as well. :giggle:

#lolnorf have asked for for picks 6, 10 and 18 or picks 10, 11 and 20 for their pick 2. Or varying combinations around those picks. Will Blair be prepared to trade out? Well he has history and people are happy to back him.
All those posters who apparently don’t rate picks highly would probably think this sounds like a great idea. Especially if Blair says it’s a great deal. History shows Blair thinks early picks are better, using latter picks at any cost 🫣

Me, I think I’d rather keep all our picks. If we miss someone at pick 2 we can always do a revisionist draft and blame..er well someone else. 😎

Keep our picks, see who is left on the board at each pick, if they fall in line with our player rating board, fine, we take them. If we get an overs offer we can decide then which is the greater benefit.
If we get offered a couple of decent future picks, obviously it depends on how 2025 players are rated compared to this draft. Hopefully for our latter picks and we are offered overs.

We’ll see. It’s going to be very interesting and I have no doubt there will be very robust discussions going on with our List Manager/recruiters.
Yep 3 picks for 1 would be a disgusting deal, no doubt about that. I'm not against the hunt for pick 2 but not at that cost.
Its funny, looking at some of the revisionist drafts, it really is a lottery even for top ten picks.
Better chance with more first round picks than less.

The only things guaranteed in life are death, taxes and Blair Hartley. 😜

Well I have the utmost confidence in Blair. Like everyone states, he’s a genius. So every pick will be a blue blooded winner. There’s no doubt about that.
We won’t pay overs for any pick upgrade. We never…
Let’s just see how it pans out. If a clubs top pick is off the boards, they might want to trade down.
We have plenty of currency at the moment. I’m sure it won’t be wasted…..

Not sure if you're fishing for me Tiger Pissing in the wind but i'll bite.
My rather amusing handle was created in the year 2007 (3BH (Before Hartley) and eventually changed to DeathFlagsandTaxes in2019 (9AH). Coincidence? I'm not sure, the vanilla slice bill at the club went up during this period too...

• Haha
Not sure if you're fishing for me Tiger Pissing in the wind but i'll bite.
My rather amusing handle was created in the year 2007 (3BH (Before Hartley) and eventually changed to DeathFlagsandTaxes in2019 (9AH). Coincidence? I'm not sure, the vanilla slice bill at the club went up during this period too...
No I wasn’t having a crack at you. A useless cousin which I hadn’t seen for 40 years was at mother’s funeral’s wake three weeks ago and used the cliche’ of the only things guaranteed in life were death and Taxes. It’s been stuck in my head for weeks how this imbecile has never progressed in life except for the fact he was out of jail again. 😂. I’ve been wanting to use the line more as a healing process and to turn such a negative experience into a positive. Don’t feel insecure about it all as it was just a coincidence that your user name aligned with my lines. Another accidental occurrence which are most common around discussions regarding Blair. 😉

Last edited: