Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I get the next question, well give 51 and 61 to Brisbane and 32 to GC later if that occurs. Again there are most likely reasons for this, perhaps Brisbane wanted a pick they could further trade down, whereas GC weren't too concerned as they would already have the picks they needed?
Brisvegas barely have enough points gathered to match a bid on Ashcroft at the moment if we call him at 1. Not sure They're in any position to do a deal with pick 32 unless they'r getting around 1200 / 1300 points for it. They'd need to cover the nearly 600 they'd need to replace for Ashcroft n the other 700 for a crack at Marshall. Perhaps they'll wipe out most of next years first rounder to get Marshall, or completely forego him this year. Or perhaps they're still searching to trade a player for the extra points they still need.

Reactions: 2 users
They were useful to us, got us pick 20. Now they are gone, we have pick 20. If we don't trade them we won't use them so in that case they are worse than useless, an unrealised asset.
At present we don't have much more than a fat handful of junk picks in the pocket n 3 more days of perhaps, if , maybe, not sure. Could end up looking awful stoopid trying to rebuild the list with 51 - 61 - 70 - 76 - 79. That'd be hanging on to some useless n unrealised assets.

In your case Maso I've usually seen it all before so often skip to the end.

But if I got it wrong, glad you agree that it's better to get a deal done early before the rug gets pulled out from under you.
:rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :rotfl1 :help
Look at West Coast - they waited, lost pick 14 from the Dawks, can't trade Barrass (for now) and now that makes it harder for us to get a good deal for Bakes from them.

But all good, lets just wait and hope we can get some awesome deals done on the last day.
(y)(y)(y)

How about Barass to St Kilda for Pick 8 - then WC give 3, 8 and and their 2025 first rounder for Bolton and Baker. In the process St Kilda have shoved it up Hawthorn as well for taking Battle.
Like it but I doubt it's happening. 3 - 8 and another top 10 pick for Bakes n Bolton, Wet Coke won't be handing over that much.

Brisvegas barely have enough points gathered to match a bid on Ashcroft at the moment if we call him at 1. Not sure They're in any position to do a deal with pick 32 unless they'r getting around 1200 / 1300 points for it. They'd need to cover the nearly 600 they'd need to replace for Ashcroft n the other 700 for a crack at Marshall. Perhaps they'll wipe out most of next years first rounder to get Marshall, or completely forego him this year. Or perhaps they're still searching to trade a player for the extra points they still need.
Deals for Brisbane’sHarry Sharp and Deven Robertson as we’ve discussed before. I have little idea of their value.
Sharp 22 in December. Pick 43 2020 draft. . Played 21 games in 4 years 183cms wingman. Melbourne interested.
Robertson 23. Pick 22 2019 draft. 43 games! 2 this year. 185cms mid fwd. ??
Even if they went for a pair of pick 45s ish that’s 700 points.
They’re still a fair way short.

The rest of our latter picks p51 (259) p61 (135) p70 (39) 424 points Roughly a R2 pick 40/41. I’m not sure of those points being of value unless we added our (now) pick 24 (785 points) equal to roughly a pick 13) take a cut to pick 15/16

I can’t see a club from 15/16 down who needs those points value. No value for f/s, academy players with those points value.
The next best is GC at p23 or p29.

Do we add those pick/points to any picks for DRioli? Gets rid of our late picks we may not use to draft anyone.

Eg Drioli p6, 13, 23 for our p24, 51, 61, 70. They get the near equivalent to pick 13 in points (1200+) back for their academy boys

Use our pick 76 (0 points) for a RFC rookie upgrade perhaps.

Reactions: 1 user
He's 'incredibly incompetent' 'has no runs on the board' 'has never completed a 'big' trade' and has 'bent over' on this one, but he is most definitely not a moron and nobody thinks/ and or said that. ok got it. Apologies for the strawman I created.

Dont forget the "disgusting trade" comment. That said it all.

At present we don't have much more than a fat handful of junk picks in the pocket n 3 more days of perhaps, if , maybe, not sure. Could end up looking awful stoopid trying to rebuild the list with 51 - 61 - 70 - 76 - 79. That'd be hanging on to some useless n unrealised assets.

Yes, hanging onto pick 32 and and not doing that terrible deal with Brisbane would have made all the difference Maso.

Oh but then we wouldn't even have pick 20 either.

The mail is GC want out of 24 and into 25 because of their academy kids, so i can't see us getting 13 with anything from them st this stage. Every club wants it from what the media are saying.

On our late picks, hadn't considered upgrading a rookie, but that has merit - Seth Campbell perhaps. We've also got our own academy kids this year too, don't we? A tall indigenous kid? Maybe that's our last 2

Reactions: 1 users
Blair Hartley - Tom Lynch

Lot of people very quick to disparage Blair Hartley . Blair worked on the Tom Lynch deal for 18 months and we don’t win in 2019 without Lynch! Think about that. Blair has been loyal to us after many approaches for his services over the years. He’s a gun , end of story!! Looking forward to the next 3 days. 🐅🐅🐅

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
What are we doing???
It's time we move before Melbourne end up with lalorView attachment 24615
If north are willing to trade pick 2 they can do it any time right up to and including the draft. They will be in no hurry and will wait for the best deal.
Same with Essendon, if they are willing to trade out pick 9 they have another 6 weeks to do it.
Chill
And btw if a club is willing to give a very good F1 away to north in a deal for pick 2 then they may well out bid us whatever we do. Unless we are willing to trade out our F1 which to me would be ridiculous

Last edited:
The issue is Carlton paid a pick in a weaker draft (next years) whereas we paid a pick in supposedly a stronger draft so your market appraisal is incorrect.
That's not proven, weaker draft, won't know until after the event. A year's worth of growth left in next year's crop and this year's crop yet to prove themselves in any way at all at AFL level.

Reactions: 1 users
Deals for Brisbane’sHarry Sharp and Deven Robertson as we’ve discussed before. I have little idea of their value.
Sharp 22 in December. Pick 43 2020 draft. . Played 21 games in 4 years 183cms wingman. Melbourne interested.
Robertson 23. Pick 22 2019 draft. 43 games! 2 this year. 185cms mid fwd. ??
Even if they went for a pair of pick 45s ish that’s 700 points.
They’re still a fair way short.

The rest of our latter picks p51 (259) p61 (135) p70 (39) 424 points Roughly a R2 pick 40/41. I’m not sure of those points being of value unless we added our (now) pick 24 (785 points) equal to roughly a pick 13) take a cut to pick 15/16

I can’t see a club from 15/16 down who needs those points value. No value for f/s, academy players with those points value.
The next best is GC at p23 or p29.

Do we add those pick/points to any picks for DRioli? Gets rid of our late picks we may not use to draft anyone.

Eg Drioli p6, 13, 23 for our p24, 51, 61, 70. They get the near equivalent to pick 13 in points (1200+) back for their academy boys

Brisbane currently has 2472 points which covers a pick 1 with the 20% discount.
Then a bid for Marshall at say 20 (900 points but 20% discount) so if they trade both Robertson and Sharp they'll be fine

Sharp to Melbn for 49
Robo to WC but they only have 63. Do lions accept this or will wc get a suitable pick, maybe our 51 or saints 47?
Or will WC go cold if they get Bakes and Graham?

If the trade doesnt work the lions can take a deficit in next year and still get marshall

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users