Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

As a result, Dan Richardson will now become General Manager – Football Talent, working more closely with the head of list management and recruiting, Blair Hartley, on the Club’s list management strategy. The role will oversee all player contracting, management of the Club’s TPP program, player welfare, list management and recruiting, and the development of the Club’s Next Generation Academy.
“Dan will report into Neil, but both will be a part of the Club’s executive team, giving football a more prominent voice in the day-to-day running of the business.”

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that because of Balme we landed Prestia etc.All within 2 weeks.What an incredible man.What were we employing Blair for? :ROFLMAO:
To work under Balme and hopefully learn how to land a big fish. He’s still failed and hasn’t won a final yet without Balme. 😉 Laugh all you like, but results don’t lie.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
It really is amazing how many posters think the bloke that built a 3 premiership list is a moron. They are saying things like 'we should have kept the picks for this' 'could have done blah blah blah' like a professional list manager wouldn't have considered the permutations himself and they only are smart enough to think of them. FMD, he might not get everything right but the bloke is clearly not a moron. Let it play out then have a hissy fit in hindsight, that's the PRE way.

We had total control of this trade period was my point before we entered the draft. It’s crazy how people just make stuff up. Brisbane needed us to trade with badly and Blair bent over. 😂
He's 'incredibly incompetent' 'has no runs on the board' 'has never completed a 'big' trade' and has 'bent over' on this one, but he is most definitely not a moron and nobody thinks/ and or said that. ok got it. Apologies for the strawman I created.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
He's 'incredibly incompetent' 'has no runs on the board' 'has never completed a 'big' trade' and has 'bent over' on this one, but he is most definitely not a moron and nobody thinks/ and or said that. ok got it. Apologies for the strawman I created.

and as I've said repeatedly, if Blair is that incompetent and hasn't got 1 good trade over the line, he's been allowed to stay in his job a long time, doesn't that make Gale, Balme and Livingstones analysis of his position poor and would make them poor administrators? I mean good administrators would move on poor operators, especially those that need 1 of your bosses to get the best players over the line as you just aren't that good.

If we do get 10,11, 18, for Baker and Bolton. get the deal done quickly it provides all sorts of options.
Rioli for 6 and 23. that is fair others disagree. Six is a pick we really want and need. To walk away from this draft without this early pick will be criminal.

Except other clubs either singly or combined could have given the Brions another package of late picks so they get what they need and we are left holding late picks that are of no value to us. And we miss out on 20.

This is ehy we probably "gave up" 32 - likely we had to beat another offer to shift those picks and secure pick 20.

The idea that you just play trade hardball all the time is only attractive to morons.

The hilarious thing about all these critiques of this trade is that it's assumed every other club just waits politely for us to decide what we want to do.

It's like other clubs and trade managers dont exist in this fantasy view of the world.
From what i can gather and most things i have read this draft pick 32 is similar to pick 20 in any other draft.
We caved in no doubt about it simply put it was not a good trade. So many clubs would have come hunting for them on draft night.

Morons well im one who has been very even handed in what i think each trade is worth but at the end of the day a poor trade is a poor trade and people can make all the excuses they want.

Reactions: 5 users
As a result, Dan Richardson will now become General Manager – Football Talent, working more closely with the head of list management and recruiting, Blair Hartley, on the Club’s list management strategy. The role will oversee all player contracting, management of the Club’s TPP program, player welfare, list management and recruiting, and the development of the Club’s Next Generation Academy.
“Dan will report into Neil, but both will be a part of the Club’s executive team, giving football a more prominent voice in the day-to-day running of the business.”

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that because of Balme we landed Prestia etc.All within 2 weeks.What an incredible man.What were we employing Blair for? :ROFLMAO:
Take it to the ListManagement thread if all you want to is point score.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You’re missing the whole point.
Whether that’s deliberate or just being obtuse, not I’m not sure.
But it wasn’t the swap, it was the picks it was done with as we’ve been through several times.
The end result would have us getting pick 20 but keeping pick 32, by using the latter picks for the points Brisbane wanted.

By now posters know the reason for the critique in that deal. If they don’t, I suggest to those that are fairly dense to read the reaso givenagain. And take time to comprehend.
Get off your high horse.
All this is just based on assumptions on both sides.
Logic tells me Blair wouldn't accepted such a deal if he knew 20 was ours 100%

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
OK, I think the death spiral of whether we traded too much for pick 20 can stop, as can the discussion really Blair's competence or lack of.
I think it's well and truly past its shelf life and is a circular conversation by all (including me) - we've all got our opinions and they aren't going to change one way or the other. There's a few folks sounding tired of the 25th iteration of the conversation so we don't need 26.

Let's get back to talking about the rest of the trade week.

I'll prune any unnecessary point scoring or trolling so we can leave the poor dead horse where it lays. Hope that can help bring the enjoyment levels up again.
:)

Reactions: 19 users
OK, I think the death spiral of whether we traded too much for pick 20 can stop, as can the discussion really Blair's competence or lack of.
I think it's well and truly past its shelf life and is a circular conversation by all (including me) - we've all got our opinions and they aren't going to change one way or the other. There's a few folks sounding tired of the 25th iteration of the conversation so we don't need 26.

Let's get back to talking about the rest of the trade week.

I'll prune any unnecessary point scoring or trolling so we can leave the poor dead horse where it lays. Hope that can help bring the enjoyment levels up again.
:)
I’d still like to know who selected Brown in stead of JVR? :cool:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users