Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

That's pretty much been on the table since first day of trade, only issue was Bakes wanting to go to Wet Coke rather than the Frockers.

Kinda weird when his chances at another flag run are available now at the Frockers whereas he'll be trying to help Wet Coke lift their raggedy arses out of the ditch n back onto the road for a few years before even considering finals.
Yeah but West Coast have better parties.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
We aren't missing it. We get the point, but we are allowing the rest of the trade period to play out and see what the big picture was. The trade period isn't about 1 trade but the accumulation.
Well, firstly it wasn’t addressed to you, so you might get it. But others seem not to, or as I said are being deliberately obtuse.
Even going so far as to say anyone who wasn’t happy about that trade must believe Blair to be a moron.
And I’ve acknowledged that the true picture and any judgement should be done after all trades are done. Even on draft night.

But obviously people only read as much or what they want to read and ignore the rest.
I get why people are asking why we didn't give up 51 and 61 instead of 32, but maybe there was a reason or 2.
Which has been queried.
But woe if anyone queries it. They then cop thr wrath of others who just go along with it. And start to get personal. Not so much to me, I couldn’t give a flying toss.
As I've noted on here a few times, those 2 picks 51 and 61 coupled together with GC's picks after 30, is pretty much enough to match at Pick 9 for Lombard.

I get the next question, well give 51 and 61 to Brisbane and 32 to GC later if that occurs. Again there are most likely reasons for this, perhaps Brisbane wanted a pick they could further trade down, whereas GC weren't too concerned as they would already have the picks they needed?
Yes maybe. As I said before, there might well be something in it for us as well. Maybe. Otherwise we wasted a decent pick and overpaid in points. IMO.
I get the critique, but you can't fully critique why things have occurred until after allowing everything to play out.
Which I have said numerous times.
Those jumping the gun may well be the same people that jumped the gun and started slagging Dusty off when the media trotted out that he'd approached GC again about going there.
No they’re not.

But as I said it’s those same posters who are criticising some who critique the one trade are the same calling out our woeful list management over the last few years, with no developing key forwards etc. and signing Sam Ryan for another three years. I even went and had a look at his thread.

But you get it and I get it. My original post you responded to, wasn’t directed at those that get it. But those posters who believe Blair is infallible.

Well, firstly it wasn’t addressed to you, so you might get it. But others seem not to, or as I said are being deliberately obtuse.
Even going so far as to say anyone who wasn’t happy about that trade must believe Blair to be a moron.
And I’ve acknowledged that the true picture and any judgement should be done after all trades are done. Even on draft night.

But obviously people only read as much or what they want to read and ignore the rest.

Which has been queried.
But woe if anyone queries it. They then cop thr wrath of others who just go along with it. And start to get personal. Not so much to me, I couldn’t give a flying toss.

Yes maybe. As I said before, there might well be something in it for us as well. Maybe. Otherwise we wasted a decent pick and overpaid in points. IMO.

No they’re not.

But as I said it’s those same posters who are criticising some who critique the one trade are the same calling out our woeful list management over the last few years, with no developing key forwards etc. and signing Sam Ryan for another three years. I even went and had a look at his thread.

But you get it and I get it. My original post you responded to, wasn’t directed at those that get it. But those posters who believe Blair is infallible.

I agree with most of that, but you may have commented for yourself, but there have certainly been posters on here, who didn't just "query" the use of 32 instead of 51 and 61 (which has been incorrectly stated by some as the same points value), but claimed that "Blair got reamed", "no reason to give up 32 when we had later picks" etc.

Thats not querying, thats openly stating that it was wrong. There "could" be a reason that we held onto those 2.

Anyway, lets see where we are at the end of trade period, see if Blair deserves a statue or the pitchforks.

Which has been queried.

No they’re not.

Who believes he's infallible? Name the posters, can't think of any.

Pretty rare anyone gets trading and drafting 100% right.

I agree with most of that, but you may have commented for yourself, but there have certainly been posters on here, who didn't just "query" the use of 32 instead of 51 and 61 (which has been incorrectly stated by some as the same points value), but claimed that "Blair got reamed", "no reason to give up 32 when we had later picks" etc.

Thats not querying, thats openly stating that it was wrong. There "could" be a reason that we held onto those 2.
I'll go further, there were definitely reasons - and it wasn't because it was a disgusting trade or Blair got bent over. Whether they all pay off remains to be seen.
Anyway, lets see where we are at the end of trade period, see if Blair deserves a statue or the pitchforks.

Correct, as most of the sensible types have been saying.

This trading/drafting game is WAY too complicated.............

I leave it to the PRE experts :)

But I'm holding out hope that the initial 'Danjam' prediction of 4 October remains close/accurate:

1, 6, 9, 13, 18, 20, 21, 29

It will be interesting to see if 55+ pages of subsequent vitriol, debate, anxiety, bias, criticism and argument was worth it in the end :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You realise that vitriol, debate, anxiety, bias, criticism, argument and lies are inside PRE’s founding charter?

Without them we have almost no reason to be here.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hmmm. So saints picks 7 and 8 for WC pick 3
Then picks 7 and 8 to us?
How about Barass to St Kilda for Pick 8 - then WC give 3, 8 and and their 2025 first rounder for Bolton and Baker. In the process St Kilda have shoved it up Hawthorn as well for taking Battle.

Too simplistic. If they were going to be "disadvantaged" they wouldnt ask first. Any deal can be good for both parties because they each want different things.

Also, this is trade period, an artificial construct. Everyone is there to trade picks and players. It's not the same as me seeing a rare exotic car on your driveway and knocking on your door.

An ask in trade period might be "hey Richmond, you have spare picks and points we need, let us help you to upgrade those points you don't really need to a nice pick 20." "Sure, let's talk about that".

Who asked first becomes irrelevant once negotiations are in earnest. Do a deal or walk away, the logic remains.
Not too simplistic at all it’s part of the art of negotiating. You know if you open negotiations the other side has you at a disvantage.

It seems strange to those that are bashing the pick that we had to pay a premium for it.

Carlton also traded for a pick in this years first round and paid a 2nd rounder to essentially pay the premium to get that pick. We also paid a 2nd rounder to get that pick. There seems to be a general consensus that there is a premium to be paid for getting Pick 20, Carlton set the same market as what we paid.

Lets see if any others are traded and what the premium paid was to obtain those picks.

FWIW this years draft is probably a bit different. Usually the highest premium is paid for top 5 picks, this year I'm not sure that will be the case, sure a premium will be paid, but its likely if someone is trading down this year its not due to the value of the offer, but more that there are mutual interests.
The issue is Carlton paid a pick in a weaker draft (next years) whereas we paid a pick in supposedly a stronger draft so your market appraisal is incorrect.

Once again incorrect eventually the more desperate party will open negotiations to get a deal. Read a few books on negotiation strategies they all say the same.

That may be true in a singular market, ie. 1 buyer and 1 seller, but what if there are more than 1 buyer for the same trade. How would the seller know the buyer was interested, unless they engaged. Otherwise Buyer 1 may hold off engaging, and the seller sells to buyer 2 if they put forward an acceptable trade offer.

You make it sound very simple when there are multiple cogs at play in any trade whether that is worldwide trade or AFL trade period.

Facts are Brisbane had multiple buyers to sell their asset to, had we not engaged, how would they have known we were interested?

Fair enough mate. Bottom line is at least we’ve got another late 1st to show for it. It’s not all doom and gloom. Hopefully we can flick those other picks into something meaningful.
All said and done, we all want the best for our club to go forward.

Reactions: 2 users
Your position appears to be Blair was wrong because maybe we could have got a better deal, but then those suggesting maybe he wasnt wrong because we couldnt get a better deal shouldnt comment because they are dealing in "maybes".
100% you beat me to it.

And a really low bar for being ‘disgusted’.

Reactions: 1 users