Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Tell that to West Coast. Hiw did it work out for them with pick 14?

FMD some people are dumb as rocks on here.
FMD what does that have to do with us? Do you know what happened? It's always some spin off side argument on here which nobody really has any idea on what happened. Talking about dumb sometimes people need to have a hard look in the mirror.

no that's too simple as you can say wait please as we have other business to look at first. Negotiation only starts if you allow it. lol

and if Brisbane did a deal with someone else, as they wanted to move onto other business, then what?

The trade period doesn't revolve around us, every club has there own goals and their own timeframes to complete those goals.

and if Blair had already asked those clubs and they said they weren't interested in those picks?

You have no idea what discussions have gone on and neither do I, but it seems like you are the only one claiming to know better than our list manager who would have had all those discussions.

Bear in mind this is a full time job for Blair, I'd better any scenario we think of on here, has already been thought of and discussed with clubs.
So we are back to start as nobody knows and again you're speculating. This is why you shouldn't be such an over protective slave of Blair as we are all just yapping away throwing in ideas and thoughts. You've got to stop being personal as you know nothing more than me and most on here.

and if Brisbane did a deal with someone else, as they wanted to move onto other business, then what?

The trade period doesn't revolve around us, every club has there own goals and their own timeframes to complete those goals.
if if if if FMD

We don't come from alternative positions on Shai. Personally I hate the idea of trading him, but he wants to leave, so we need to assess whats best for the club. Shai isn't Rioli, IMO Rioli if the trade was refused, would 100% buckle down and put in 100%. I think Shai would be close to that, but does have the risk attached, that he might not. I don't believe that risk is there with Rioli.

So it comes down to value. IMO no-one in the industry values Shai as highly as Tiger supporters do and thats because we watch him every week, which means we are unlikely to get what we think is fair value. Personally I think 10 and 11 are probably unders, but I don't think thats what we'll get, and in 12 months time FReo supporters will be talking about how they fleeced us.

Just trying to be realistic with possible trades.
If you want to be realistic and believe 10 and 11 are under's then you are being very pessimistic in believing Blair will agree to less. I think you may be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: 1 user
We don't come from alternative positions on Shai. Personally I hate the idea of trading him, but he wants to leave, so we need to assess whats best for the club. Shai isn't Rioli, IMO Rioli if the trade was refused, would 100% buckle down and put in 100%. I think Shai would be close to that, but does have the risk attached, that he might not. I don't believe that risk is there with Rioli.

So it comes down to value. IMO no-one in the industry values Shai as highly as Tiger supporters do and thats because we watch him every week, which means we are unlikely to get what we think is fair value. Personally I think 10 and 11 are probably unders, but I don't think thats what we'll get, and in 12 months time FReo supporters will be talking about how they fleeced us.

Just trying to be realistic with possible trades.
I rate Shai greater than Rioli based on age and match winning ability. Rioli to me is a loose checking HBF and can do damage, but so can his opponent. Keep Shai for me and offload Dimmas love child.

So we are back to start as nobody knows and again you're speculating. This is why you shouldn't be such an over protective slave of Blair as we are all just yapping away throwing in ideas and thoughts. You've got to stop being personal as you know nothing more than me and most on here.
Your position appears to be Blair was wrong because maybe we could have got a better deal, but then those suggesting maybe he wasnt wrong because we couldnt get a better deal shouldnt comment because they are dealing in "maybes".

Reactions: 4 users
Your position appears to be Blair was wrong because maybe we could have got a better deal, but then those suggesting maybe he wasnt wrong because we couldnt get a better deal shouldnt comment because they are dealing in "maybes".
Which has been my argument from the start as it's just discussion. It's sad people get personal though . Posters were even accused of calling Blair a moron which nobody has. This is how sad it gets.

Reactions: 1 users
We also could have been bluffed into overpaying by the Brisbane list manager pointing this out when the offers weren’t there. Like you said we don’t know so speculating about it to give an excuse is just that soeculation
Yep.Blair only just come down in the last shower.

OMG. WE all know its IF and NOONE ON HERE HAS MADE THIS PERSONAL TO YOU. Show me where you have been called any names or anything. Jesus, some people are so sensitive when questioned on their opinions.

If you cared to read back ONLY YOU claim that there hasn't been an IF, everyone else has stated if, but there are as many ifs with our thoughts as there are with yours, its only you being disrespectful to our list boss, who if he was as bad as you say he is would have been moved on by now, if Gales, Balme and Livingstone were even half as competent as we think they are, which gives me anecdotal evidence to suggest that your opinion of Blair is plainly false.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Fair enough but also fair to say the club has let the ball drop these last few years with the recruitment of Dow, RCD etc. The appointment of Meehan. Allowing premiership players to leave for peanuts. Taranto and Hopper trade. Off field team significantly weakened. Not pulling the trigger on Dimma a year earlier which would of handed us Kingsley. The last piece of savvy business we have done was bringing in Lynch.
Let's hope Blair does pull some rabbits out of the hat and surprises us all
LoL.Pulling the trigger on a 3x premiership coach in a year that we not only made finals but was burnt in the process of not going deeper. :rolleyes:
And your complaining about bringing in kids who were late 1st rnd picks expecting them to be top 10 material.lol

Reactions: 3 users
We could have bartered with Brisbane with a non-bid on Ashcroft.

It is not corrupt for us to not bid on Ashcroft because the AFL has incentivised us to only bid at #1 on a player we keep.

Once we enter the realm of the barter we have a lot of power. Once we leave that out of negotiations we have none. Just an offer for pick #20. What amounts to a bid in an auction. In this case, the winning bid.

I don't believe this has fully played out yet. But IMO Bidmond is a factor in the deal when viewed in isolation. And Bidmond could be a factor in the GCS deal too.

Reactions: 2 users
Based on what it was ours ??. You do realise come draft night we can trade this pick with clubs coming at us.

As far as 32 shouldn’t ’t have been included in no deal stick firm.
Yep.
If 32 is so important to the doomsdayers imagine what pick 20 will be worth

;) We could have bartered with Brisbane with a non-bid on Ashcroft.

It is not corrupt for us to not bid on Ashcroft because the AFL has incentivised us to only bid at #1 on a player we keep.

Once we enter the realm of the barter we have a lot of power. Once we leave that out of negotiations we have none. Just an offer for pick #20. What amounts to a bid in an auction. In this case, the winning bid.

I don't believe this has fully played out yet. But IMO Bidmond is a factor in the deal when viewed in isolation. And Bidmond could be a factor in the GCS deal too.
Which would have saved them a minimum of 500 points.
Our latter picks (instead of our pick 32) would have been approx 700 points surplus to getting pick 20 in the swap. Which would have meant Brisbane were 1200 points in front. Instead of 1300 points using our pick 32.
Blair told me he went to Brisbane, to get in front of… well nobody at the time. But still wanted to show some integrity by being able to bid on Ashcroft if he wanted to. And to get rid of some picks for points as he didn’t want to be left with them in his hand. ;)

Posters are allowed to critique a decision in isolation when it is obvious there were other alternatives available for the same result. Or better, keeping a higher pick and getting rid of more of the dross at the arse end of our picks.

But as usual when people can’t offer a solid reason they go all over the place, back in time, deflect and all the other nonsense without debating the actual point. As well as suggesting anyone who has the temerity to critique Blair is actually calling him a moron.
Funnily enough, the only people referring to Blair being called a moron are those defending this swap with Brisbane.

Then they come up with all their convoluted trade pick swaps for players they nothing about. Only going on what has been posted on here by others 😁

Probably the same people criticising him extending Samson Ryan’s contract for another 3 years. I might go back and have a read who the morons critics were then. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
And you reckon those clubs will politely wait while we play hard ball until the end of trade period because we "want to keep our options open".
Do you ever read or comprehend anything you're opinionating on??????

• Haha
Yep.
If 32 is so important to the doomsdayers imagine what pick 20 will be worth
You’re missing the whole point.
Whether that’s deliberate or just being obtuse, not I’m not sure.
But it wasn’t the swap, it was the picks it was done with as we’ve been through several times.
The end result would have us getting pick 20 but keeping pick 32, by using the latter picks for the points Brisbane wanted.

By now posters know the reason for the critique in that deal. If they don’t, I suggest to those that are fairly dense to read the reaso givenagain. And take time to comprehend.

Reactions: 1 user
Point are useless too us.
It looks seems some posters aren’t aware of the value that can be had from them. Then argue the value of them with others. 😊

Only useless if you don’t know how to use them to upgrade picks.
That was the whole point in us accumulating them.