Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Your bias against Blair, who has delivered an objectively good haul of picks, is extremely weird.
Bias against Blair? I was critical of one trade. But whatever..
The plan going into the period was clearly to accumulate picks.

Done.
That was no surprise to anyone
When the period was over, Blair literally said he would be flexible now that the hard work had been done.
Of course he did
Find a way to pick 2? Sure, if the deal suits.

Keep the picks? Yep, that’s also a win.

Do you understand this process? I don’t think you do.
I’ve already said the same. So if you disagree with what I previously posted, you’ve just outed yourself as a big headed hypocrite.
Instead you peddle feral nonsense.
As usual when you have nothing useful to say, you resort to your usual immature dichotomy.
Learn to read.

Nonsense, we tried to save every player. We wanted them to stay.

Once it was obvious they were all going, Blair played the cards he was dealt and got the expected return.

In this industry, you play the hand you're dealt. Blair did that and got the expected return.

And he is a fine operator, I consider Balir best in class and the pillar of our football club right now.
Think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't think we tried much to keep Rioli or Bolton. Both had contracts, there was nothing more to do (eg we didnt need to up our offer).
I think Shai left with our blessing, although it's bitter-sweet given his match winning capabilities. Dan, given the approach came so early, and he's at the back end of his career, think they'd have just been pushing trade expectations. Short term it'll hurt, but not too hard to find good back flankers.
Baker they definitely tried to keep. I've heard this from one of the other players, who didn't know the numbers, but knew Baker was hurting over the decision. We didn't make leaving easy for Bakes.
Graham there's media reports we upped our offer, but that could have been to get better compensation back. I think given he had tried before, we were expecting him to try again, and gave a fair offer. Given he wasn't going home though, I think we were well prepared he'd leave.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, when people can’t put up a legitimate case against, just make a silly post and make it personal.
Seriously, legit cases have been done to death, you are incapable of absorbing info that contradicts your view. As for being personal, yeah I regret hurting TPs feelings by suggesting he would swap a Ferrari for 40 or 50 2012 Camrys, that was a really low blow.

Seriously, legit cases have been done to death, you are incapable of absorbing info that contradicts your view.
I can absorb info that contradicts my view. It doesn’t mean that it’s correct. Info isn’t facts.
As for being personal, yeah I regret hurting TPs feelings by suggesting he would swap a Ferrari for 40 or 50 2012 Camrys, that was a really low blow.
I never said anything about hurting his feelings, you were just trying to get a laugh at his expense.

Once it was obvious they were all going, Blair played the cards he was dealt and got the expected return.

In this industry, you play the hand you're dealt. Blair did that and got the expected return.

And he is a fine operator, I consider Balir best in class and the pillar of our football club right now.
Lol the ‘hand he was dealt’

“Belly, can you conjure up three first rounders? Shai wants to play for you.”

“Craig, can you manufacture maximum draft capital for Dan Rioli?”

These are the ONLY clubs who could’ve facilitated the respective trades.

The players left with Blair’s wholehearted blessing (and more than a gentle push).

Laughable how gullible you folk are

Reactions: 1 users

And he is a fine operator, I consider Blair best in class and the pillar of our football club right now.
Can we extend his contract by 10 years....

Reactions: 1 user

The players left with Blair’s wholehearted blessing (and more than a gentle push).

Yeah, Blair planned it all years ago. Isn’t that what you were telling everyone?

Yeah, Blair planned it all years ago. Isn’t that what you were telling everyone?
WTF are you on about?

We certainly banked picks a year ago.

I’ve said the club probably identified where the list was truly at around May.

From there our list manager was tasked with a rapid rebuild.

He looked at our best player. He looked at who could pay for him.

The rest is history.

But carry on with your feral nonsense.

WTF are you on about?
What you previously posted
No *smile*. But you made out that Bolton, Baker and Rioli wanted out and Blair gave them a gentle nudge..to force to out.
Absolute rubbish.
I’ve said the club probably identified where the list was truly at around May.
You better read back what you posted
From there our list manager was tasked with a rapid rebuild.
What, by “gently nudging” 3 of our better players out the door. What a crock. H
He looked at our best player. He looked at who could pay for him.
Yeah, he persuaded him to leave. So know you agree with what Scoop said..he played the cards he was dealt.
There was no guarantee what picks he was going to get for any of the players he “gently nudged” out.
The rest is history.
Revisionist hindsight
But carry on with your feral nonsense.

Slow down before your ego will makes your head explode

Your quote: “Hartley has been working for years to pave a road to this draft injection.”
We didn’t know Soldo was going to ask for a trade until last year. Unless Blair “gently nudged” him out the door as well.
There were never any guarantees what picks we’d be able to trade for or swap until the 2023 draft and trade period or what we could swap into 2024.

So it shows your statements have little fact. We wouldn’t have traded for Taranto and Hopper. We would have used those picks instead.

And referring to feral nonsense, you demonstrate being an authority on that from personal experience.

It was certainly a courageous move by Blair to pick Freo for Bolton, relying on neither the Pies or Freo making finals, otherwise their 3 picks could have all been after pick 15. Especially when he could have chosen the WEagles and gotten us pick 3.

• Love
WTF are you on about?

Yep I remember discussion last year how our strategy was clearly aimed at maximising picks in this years draft because it was so good and because of Tasmania entering. The players leaving kicked it up several notches. Blair has clearly been more far-sighted than most of his contempories.

Reactions: 3 users
It was certainly a courageous move by Blair to pick Freo for Bolton, relying on neither the Pies or Freo making finals, otherwise their 3 picks could have all been after pick 15. Especially when he could have chosen the WEagles and gotten us pick 3.
Very courageous indeed.. :giggle:
But but but ….Blair forecast it all a few years ago
Even though he stated if we didn’t get full value, those contracted would stay as Richmond players. It must have been a smokescreen saying that. He already knew which players he nudged, in what direction, and what picks we’d get. Simply marvellous work how Blair planned it all out. ;)

Not sure what the pile on, on Carter is all about ?
Shai has asked many times to leave, and Blair convinced him to stay, this time he didn't.

Rioli asked to leave, he would have been kept, if the deal was not overs, and it was, so he was shown the door.
Graham has been looking around for years, and Baker has been on short term contracts and had telegraphed his intentions of going home

The opportunity arose to move players with currency, not all of our own planning, but we capitalised on it as best as we could .

When contracted players move on, it is never black and white, Blair did in incredible job, Rioli especially would have stayed, but the deal was too good to refuse, that is why Pick 6 was always ours, and never put on the market.

Yep I remember discussion last year how our strategy was clearly aimed at maximising picks in this years draft because it was so good and because of Tasmania entering. The players leaving kicked it up several notches. Blair has clearly been more far-sighted than most of his contempories.
I think the general consensus was about the strength of this draft. Is wasn’t as if Blair knew about it and no one else did. The fact that Soldo (2024 Freo R2 and PA R4) decided to leave helped us. Blair no doubt nudged him out the door. Bigoa (p65 2024) as well for latter picks, as well as latter 2023 picks for swaps into 2024. (2024 Freo R3…WCE R3… Coll R4)Which we knew would only be used for swapping picks for points.

We only had pick 40..McAuliffe and 43..Fawcett in 2023. So Blair didn’t completely trade out of 2023. Our earlier 2023 picks were already gone in 2022 But the rest we traded out of 2023 into 2024. It will take a few years to judge the class of 2023 and the picks we traded. But you can only go on what you get in return, who is available.
Hopefully we turn the picks we traded, swapped for into very good players.

His contempories well lists are at different stages of evolution, so one size doesn’t fit all. Blair can only do the best for where we are.
He’s given us a good chance to restock. 2025 will be crucial as well.