Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Been thinking about a 3 way trade

North get 10 and 11
Fremantle get Bolton and Baker
Richmond get pick 2 and 18

Reactions: 4 users
This trading/drafting game is WAY too complicated.............

I leave it to the PRE experts :)

But I'm holding out hope that the initial 'Danjam' prediction of 4 October remains close/accurate:

1, 6, 9, 13, 18, 20, 21, 29

It will be interesting to see if 55+ pages of subsequent vitriol, debate, anxiety, bias, criticism and argument was worth it in the end :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Why would Essendon trade their pick 9 for those picks?

If they get spooked that someone will bid on Kako before Pick 9. They essentially get the same player, but gain the 1st pick of the 2nd round in 2025. Maybe I've been a bit too Richmond focused, so there might be something else traded not sure, but we could get involved if they need points for Kako in this years draft and a pick next year.

Personally if I'm the Pies, I try and get Pick 9 from the Bombers with a similar deal as they are offering GC, and similar to what Carlton offered the Hawks.

Pick 9 for F1st and 2nd. Melbourne would probably offer something similar, so we would probably struggle with that offer I suggested but its 1 we should try and target somehow.

Reactions: 1 user
Blair got rolled we could have insisted they take them from the back end it would have made very little difference to Brisbane just as long as they have the points.

Come draft night after the bid for Ashcroft comes in at say 2.
Brisbane can then on trade 32 for a F1 who then as part of the handshake agreement trade that f1 for our f3.
Wouldn't get stuck into Blair just yet.

If they get spooked that someone will bid on Kako before Pick 9. They essentially get the same player, but gain the 1st pick of the 2nd round in 2025. Maybe I've been a bit too Richmond focused, so there might be something else traded not sure, but we could get involved if they need points for Kako in this years draft and a pick next year.

Personally if I'm the Pies, I try and get Pick 9 from the Bombers with a similar deal as they are offering GC, and similar to what Carlton offered the Hawks.

Pick 9 for F1st and 2nd. Melbourne would probably offer something similar, so we would probably struggle with that offer I suggested but its 1 we should try and target somehow.
I reckon the bombers will wait til draft night before trading their pick 9.
Ive suggested this before, but if we have pick 10 or 11, i would look to trade for their pick 9 with later picks, then once they have Kako, trade our next pick back to the bombers for their F1. Essentially trading the later picks for their F1. and for the bombers, basically using their F1 for Kako and they get to stay in this draft.

Pick 32 was crucial to us trading into next year's draft and it made very little difference to Brisbane where the points came from.

At worst we could have insisted that they take our picks 51 and 62 and we keep pick 43 that can be used to trade into next year's draft.

Unless we already have a buyer for the late draft picks they may as well be flushed down the toilet.
More picks Brisbane take the more list spots needed.

Just listening to the media. Usually they do this to lay the groundwork for an actual deal.

We want 10 and 11. They want 10 and 18. It'll be somewhere in between, hence the 10, 11 and 30 for Shai and 20. I'd much prefer the 7 pick upgrade in the teens and take the 10 pick downgrade in the 20's.
You are probably right, but i dont think everyone should just assume that Bolton's (or any players) value is in the middle of the 2 teams starting points.
I reckon we have a history of putting a fair value on a player- whether trading in or out- and we stick pretty closely to that value. We dont appear (in the media at least) to start with a wild ambit claim far removed from reality. some teams do.

are 2 picks after 10 (Freos picks will be at least 11 &12- possibly 13 &14 by draft night) a fair price to pay for one of the most exciting and damaging players in the AFL?
Best comparison i can find is Isaak Rankine- traded for pick 5, 3 years younger than Bolton is now. But he didnt have the performances on the board.
So "pick 5 is probably a fair trade for Bolton".

Do Freo have pick 5? Not sure, maybe @tigersnake can answer that?

But if they dont, do say 12 & 13 equate to pick 5? id say not quite, but close enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Going out on a limb

We’ll end up with 14 for Bakes, 10 and 11 for Bolton , 6 and 23ish for DRioli …..

Then possible swaps between now and draft night for pick 2 as we’ll want FOS and try and get ahead of Carlton

Crazy stuff

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
And you reckon those clubs will politely wait while we play hard ball until the end of trade period because we "want to keep our options open".
Cmon wee had the points so they come to us as we controlled the trade. If they waited then they would've missed out. We spooked too early and should've let Brisbane crawl to us.

This trading/drafting game is WAY too complicated.............

Two ways to be involved in these games.

1. First is to know the points system inside out and access to some serious GenAI computing power so you can throw out plausible multi team trades scenarios.

2. The other is to just declare every trade we do a failure, label Blair a complete muppet and cry that we're setting the club back 15 years. To reach Guru level, you need to call every other trade done that doesn't involve us, a missed opportunity and Blair being asleep at the wheel.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Cmon wee had the points so they come to us as we controlled the trade. If they waited then they would've missed out. We spooked too early and should've let Brisbane crawl to us.

and if someone else was offering much better than what you think we should have traded, what then? Thats then the market rate, do we scoff at it and hope that we can on trade those later picks to someone else? Thats a risky game in itself. We could have been left with some picks at the back end of the draft that become worthless.

Maybe instead of thinking that someone called Tiger urinate is the greatest of all time, maybe believe that Blair isn't as bad as you seem to think he is, because if thats the case and we all thought that Gale, Peggy and Balmy have been great, but if what you say is true, then we have been misled, as these 3 geniuses couldn't see what a did we had as list manager as they have just let him play list manager for over 10 years, and gone in and bailed him out when he inevitably messed up going by what you have suggested in this threa.

Geez those guys must be duds too to allow that to happen on their watch.

• Love
  • Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
one of the most exciting and damaging players in the AFL?
This is what is being forgotten and talked down. This is the reality. Yes he had an underwhelming last third of the season, who cares? He's only human, the whole side were going through the motions. His set shots can be frustrating and should be improved, sure. Any superstar player can and are talked down. Dusty can't mark overhead and doesn't chase, Danger shanks kicks etc etc. Blah blah. The vast majority of "analysis" for want of a better word and reporting of the Shai trade starts with 'inconsistent', 'great player when on' etc etc. He's worth 10 and 11 all day long, its the deal we will have to take, and its OK all things considered, but this media line that its some kind of unprecedented crazy overpriced bonanza is RFC hate/ bias.

Two ways to be involved in these games.

1. First is to know the points system inside out and access to some serious GenAI computing power so you can throw out plausible multi team trades scenarios.

2. The other is to just declare every trade we do a failure, label Blair a complete muppet and cry that we're setting the club back 15 years. To reach Guru level, you need to call every other trade done that doesn't involve us, a missed opportunity and Blair being asleep at the wheel.
It also involves a long term commitment because you have to be able to name every single player we missed and should have picked rather than the ones we did for at least 10 years after this year.

Reactions: 2 users
Been thinking about a 3 way trade

North get 10 and 11
Fremantle get Bolton and Baker
Richmond get pick 2 and 18

Nth want Tauru, and 10 is too low

Nth get 6 and 11
fremantle get Baker Bolton
Rich get 2 and 10 18 23
GC get Rioli

Reactions: 4 users
and if someone else was offering much better than what you think we should have traded, what then? Thats then the market rate, do we scoff at it and hope that we can on trade those later picks to someone else? Thats a risky game in itself. We could have been left with some picks at the back end of the draft that become worthless.

Maybe instead of thinking that someone called Tiger urinate is the greatest of all time, maybe believe that Blair isn't as bad as you seem to think he is, because if thats the case and we all thought that Gale, Peggy and Balmy have been great, but if what you say is true, then we have been misled, as these 3 geniuses couldn't see what a did we had as list manager as they have just let him play list manager for over 10 years, and gone in and bailed him out when he inevitably messed up going by what you have suggested in this threa.

Geez those guys must be duds too to allow that to happen on their watch.
Mate stick to the topic as the point being debated was if we waited then no deals may have been made until last minute. Which is *smile* as we weren't desperate to make a deal with Brisbane. Again what those three did have nothing to do with the recent trades and drafts. Again how do we know if Brisbane didn't approach us first and Blair bent over?
Again Strawman INSULTS as where have i said i'm the greatest of all time? This is your narrative bc you can't argue the topic.

Your first sentence again is based on hypotheticals and doubt as you said IF .
WE ARE HAVING A CONVERSATION AND NOT A CHILDISH LITTLE SULKING SESSION AS YOU'RE DOING. Stop the name calling.

Mate stick to the topic as the point being debated was if we waited then no deals may have been made until last minute. Which is *smile* as we weren't desperate to make a deal with Brisbane. Again what those three did have nothing to do with the recent trades and drafts.
Again Strawman INSULTS as where have i said i'm the greatest of all time? This is your narrative bc you can't argue the topic.

Your first sentence again is based on hypotheticals and doubt as you said IF .
WE ARE HAVING A CONVERSATION AND NOT A CHILDISH LITTLE SULKING SESSION AS YOU'RE DOING. Stop the name calling.
Why so sensitive? What names were you called? Sarcastically called a genius? geez, pretty extreme stuff. Its funny how people who throw the biggest rocks are the most fragile.

• Dislike
Why so sensitive? What names were you called? Sarcastically called a genius? geez, pretty extreme stuff. Its funny how people who throw the biggest rocks are the most fragile.
read carefully and i'm not being sensitve as the blokes being childish and TROLLING the thread. Let's stick to the trade debate and not get side tracked bc people have different opinions.