Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Here's hoping Bombers can't trade up and a bid comes in for Kako beforehand.

Will give a bit of extra value to Freo's 1st 2 x picks if we get them.

Reactions: 2 users
Surely all this stuff is already sorted and it’s all purely click bait rubbish for the AFL. Rioli was up having chats with the GC in April ffs!!

Rioli+20 for 6+13

Baker and Bolton to Freo for 10/11/18.

Package 10/11 for 2.

Picks - 1,2,6,13,18

Done.
Just give Freo, Gold Coast and North a call and let them know that’s what they have agreed to :)

Except other clubs either singly or combined could have given the Brions another package of late picks so they get what they need and we are left holding late picks that are of no value to us. And we miss out on 20.

This is ehy we probably "gave up" 32 - likely we had to beat another offer to shift those picks and secure pick 20.

The idea that you just play trade hardball all the time is only attractive to morons.

The hilarious thing about all these critiques of this trade is that it's assumed every other club just waits politely for us to decide what we want to do.

It's like other clubs and trade managers dont exist in this fantasy view of the world.
Grand sale. Grand sale. Nothing at all to do with playing with hard balls, simplest n cheapest of nasty deals possible was done with barely a thought or option. Yeah I guess Brisvegas might have had a 3 or 4 club deal all worked out to get them the points they wanted for half value, then again maybe not. There was only 1 or 2 other clubs that could have come close to offering Brisvegas the much needed points value for their pick matching.

Lots of clubs n trade managers all sitting out there waiting for someone to blink, we've already done so once and then the Wet Coke bloke got caught napping, which of course affects us again to some extent. First week of shuffling around n poking out the jab are done n dusted n we've been tagged a couple of times. Gloves come off n blood starts flowing next week, hope it's not to much of ours.

Still reckon we need to hit up 8 to 10 players this years draft n we've shortened our options by not having anything in the 30s to 40s range left.

Reactions: 4 users
Why Bolton plus pick 20??
He is a star, no need giving something back.
If they really want him, 2 picks under 15..work it out. Nothing coming back the other way either maybe pick 76

Just listening to the media. Usually they do this to lay the groundwork for an actual deal.

We want 10 and 11. They want 10 and 18. It'll be somewhere in between, hence the 10, 11 and 30 for Shai and 20. I'd much prefer the 7 pick upgrade in the teens and take the 10 pick downgrade in the 20's.

Surely all this stuff is already sorted and it’s all purely click bait rubbish for the AFL. Rioli was up having chats with the GC in April ffs!!

Rioli+20 for 6+13

Package 10/11 for 2.

Picks - 1,2,6,13,18

Done.
The talk here is still Baker to the weagles. they just have to find a way to get the deal done. Hope he goes to the dockers though.
T

Right now West Coast aren’t in the conversation. Freo has the upper hand.
Don't believe what you read. WC is still where he wants to go and they are still keen to make it happen.

Last edited:
FWIW I think the below trades are possible and take into account what we've heard out of the clubs involved.

Shai and 20 - For 10,11 and 30
Rioli, 51 and 61 - For 6 and 29

Even not allowing for Baker or other pick trades, it leaves us with: 1, 6, 10, 11, 24, 29, 30, 70 and 76. The important thing with the later 2, is both will come in significantly with the picks to disappear from the draft due to bids on Ashcroft, Lombard, Kako and Marshall. Not even allowing for the Campo twins, which would mean if we want we could match on

Baker we should get a pick somewhere between 12-18 from West Coast or Freo, or as mooted, a trade up to 3 which I'd prefer personally.

If WC did 3 for Bakes and 11 (not sure they would) but if they did that would leave us with a ripping hand. Some would say we came out short changed, but overall trading would have been good, maintained relationships with clubs when over the next few years we are more likely to be the aggressors in trades and hands us an almighty hand for the draft.

Probably 4-5 picks in the top 20 (with most of those in the top 10), then a couple of later picks for sliders in the 20's and finally keep the last 2 if we want our NGA kid basically for junk at the end of the draft.

Just thinking a bit more to this (and this is why you look at an overall trade position rather than individual trades).

I don't think WC do 3 for Baker and 10, but what if we did 6 and Baker, for 3 and their 2nd (25). Might seem a bit unders, but stick with me here.

We then trade that 2nd (25), or maybe even one of the later ones shown above (29 or 30), plus our F2 for the Bombers Pick 9. Just did the maths, probably need both the later ones, but we get a F3rd back. Something like 9 and Bombers F3rd, for 29, 30 and F2nd.

Whilst it may seem unders for the Baker trade I reckon it gives us a stronger hand.

With a Baker trade to come, we had 1, 6, 10, 11, 24, 29, 30, 70 and 76.

After the trades above, we'd have: 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 24, 25, 70 and 76, but having lost Baker.

So essentially 6, 29, 30 and the pick slide in 2025 (plus Bakes), for 3, 9 and 25.

I'd be doing that.

We'd have such a strong hand if something like this occurred,

Rioli+20 for 6+13

Package 10/11 for 2.

Picks - 1,2,6,13,18

Done.
The big spanner in the works is other clubs coming hard for 13.
4 clubs offering future picks for 13.

Its meant to be a good draft and this confirms it.
Also there arent many clubs who need to get out of this draft. Brisbane were one and theyre out. Essendon may be one. Crows and blues have father sons who arent sitting top tier, so no need to exit the first round.

So now 13 is worth more than any informal discussions earlier in the season.
Similar thing happened to us, with Prestia. The shoe was on the other foot as our informally agreed trade of our first rounder was more valuable when we had a horrible 2016. We stuck by the agreement.

Maybe we hold firm and GC stick to the agreement.
Or maybe they get greedy and sell 13.
Then i'd want 6, 23 and 29.
That's kinda equivalent to 13.
Obvs we,d prefe 13.
Give back later picks for GC points.

Reactions: 1 user
Just listening to the media. Usually they do this to lay the groundwork for an actual deal.

We want 10 and 11. They want 10 and 18. It'll be somewhere in between, hence the 10, 11 and 30 for Shai and 20. I'd much prefer the 7 pick upgrade in the teens and take the 10 pick downgrade in the 20's.
If Freo are prepared to give 10, 11 and 18 for Shai and Bakes they're prepared to give 10 & 11 for Shai.

Reactions: 5 users
I am aware freo don't have 5. I've stated about 50 bloody times I understand how the system works. And player value, like the value of anything, is not that subjective. It's based on measurable factors, age, achievements, stats etc etc. 10 and 11 is not a premium for freo, it's a discount.
But Freo dont have pick 5 TS !!

Sorry I couldn't resist :LOL:

• Haha
I absolutely don't want west coast giving pick 3 for shitty 12,14,that's not enough
Even giving Kennedy isn't enough.
I prefer 10 ,Baker for 3. They get Allan,baker,plus barass keep or sell separate.
I wonder if Blair,Clarke are throwing out furphys by allowing media to think Carlton is a chance at 3,which might relax Fremantle in releasing 10,11,as both wa clubs want Allan.

Grand sale. Grand sale. Nothing at all to do with playing with hard balls, simplest n cheapest of nasty deals possible was done with barely a thought or option. Yeah I guess Brisvegas might have had a 3 or 4 club deal all worked out to get them the points they wanted for half value, then again maybe not. There was only 1 or 2 other clubs that could have come close to offering Brisvegas the much needed points value for their pick matching.

And you reckon those clubs will politely wait while we play hard ball until the end of trade period because we "want to keep our options open".

100%

"Oh noes the media said we are asking too much so we better back off".

We all agree houses are also overpriced but if you sell yours you want it to go for as high as possible.
Yeah, I used the house analogy in the Rioli/Baker & Suns/Freo cases. You want the house, you pay the price required. We wanted the house, we paid the price, no mucking around.

Reactions: 3 users
Just thinking a bit more to this (and this is why you look at an overall trade position rather than individual trades).

I don't think WC do 3 for Baker and 10, but what if we did 6 and Baker, for 3 and their 2nd (25). Might seem a bit unders, but stick with me here.

We then trade that 2nd (25), or maybe even one of the later ones shown above (29 or 30), plus our F2 for the Bombers Pick 9. Just did the maths, probably need both the later ones, but we get a F3rd back. Something like 9 and Bombers F3rd, for 29, 30 and F2nd.

Whilst it may seem unders for the Baker trade I reckon it gives us a stronger hand.

With a Baker trade to come, we had 1, 6, 10, 11, 24, 29, 30, 70 and 76.

After the trades above, we'd have: 1, 3, 9, 10, 11, 24, 25, 70 and 76, but having lost Baker.

So essentially 6, 29, 30 and the pick slide in 2025 (plus Bakes), for 3, 9 and 25.

I'd be doing that.

We'd have such a strong hand if something like this occurred,
Not sure of all the parts but I reckon we should be going hard to get both pick 3 and Essendons 9.

Bit disappointed that we gave up pick 32 - a pretty useable pick in a strong draft. I’ve been kinda barracking against Freo all year knowing we had that pick whereas now it’s just become a vehicle for the current premiers to snaffle the best kid in the draft.
They were always getting Ashcroft.lol

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure of all the parts but I reckon we should be going hard to get both pick 3 and Essendons 9.

I agree. I think the better mids are in the top 5, 6 is kind of middling, and we'd probably get the same player at 9 anyway, so I'd be stoked to a deal like those suggested

Reactions: 1 user