Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

For someone who hard hardly any opinions when the trade period was on, it’s always easy for a revisionist poster to pontificate on the result.
For a brilliant List Manager to let the list get where it is 4 years since we won a premiership says it all,
As I said, posters have been commenting on our lack of Kpp s for the last few years. We got Gibcus. That is all.
Young mids? We couldnt find any so we went and bought 2. Overpaying for the privilege?.. some say yes.
So out went 4 very good draft picks.
Still no other Kpps apart from a couple of Hail Mary late picks. Who haven’t had a game yet.
“Nudged” Soldo out..extended Ryan’s contract. Even though we don’t know where or when to play him. Emerging ruckman? No we got an cheapie in who already had 4 acl Reno’s or whoever many he had. Emerging mids? Who Dow? Sonsie?
Excellent work.
The highly vaunted draft class of 2021. 3 years on who has made the grade? Who is pushing best 22?

Clarke and Blair. Talent and list management. As I said, they got us to a position where we traded out 3 of our best players for draft picks.
While big egos will say if we kept them we’d still be mulling around down the bottom of the ladder. But reality tells you that with better list management and drafting, with the amount of picks we might not have reached the depths we are. And those players wouldn’t have been lost or released in one go.

But it’s easy to overlook that fact, with ihindsight you know more than Blair himself did at the time.
He did mostly the best he could with what he had. Now we go to the next interesting play.

Reactions: 1 user
For someone who hard hardly any opinions when the trade period was on, it’s always easy for a revisionist poster to pontificate on the result.
For a brilliant List Manager to let the list get where it is 4 years since we won a premiership says it all,
As I said, posters have been commenting on our lack of Kpp s for the last few years. We got Gibcus. That is all.
Young mids? We couldnt find any so we went and bought 2. Overpaying for the privilege?.. some say yes.
So out went 4 very good draft picks.
Still no other Kpps apart from a couple of Hail Mary late picks. Who haven’t had a game yet.
“Nudged” Soldo out..extended Ryan’s contract. Even though we don’t know where or when to play him. Emerging ruckman? No we got an cheapie in who already had 4 acl Reno’s or whoever many he had. Emerging mids? Who Dow? Sonsie?
Excellent work.
The highly vaunted draft class of 2021. 3 years on who has made the grade? Who is pushing best 22?

Clarke and Blair. Talent and list management. As I said, they got us to a position where we traded out 3 of our best players for draft picks.
While big egos will say if we kept them we’d still be mulling around down the bottom of the ladder. But reality tells you that with better list management and drafting, with the amount of picks we might not have reached the depths we are. And those players wouldn’t have been lost or released in one go.

But it’s easy to overlook that fact, with ihindsight you know more than Blair himself did at the time.
He did mostly the best he could with what he had. Now we go to the next interesting play.
Blah blah blah

Blair should have us in the top eight four years after a dynasty

Blah blah blah

rubbish as Yze was looking at making finals. So Blair was aware contracted Rioli and Bolton wanted out and Baker wanted to move on? Nonsense on stilts as Blair thought we had a premiership window ajar.

Strawman, I suggest you actually read my post and respond to what I actually said.

Carts, do you think it is possible that each of the players approached the club stating they wanted out, for their various reasons, and initially we were reluctant, but as the season, and seemingly our near future, went south, the club reconsidered and decided we may as well go for picks?

ie, somewhere in the middle of your options 1 & 2?
Yeah, kinda like when I said the club recognised where we were at during the season? Lol

Are you actually serious with all these shenanigans?

You’re actually saying Blair should’ve had the list worked out four years after a dynasty?

FMD, you are profoundly, biblically stupid.
No need to be abusive.
Anyone can tell you plenty on here raised their concerns with the way the list was looking since 2020. No one has said the list should have been “worked out” but it still should have been a work in progress.

You look at the trade period after the event and tell people Blair was brilliant and had this planned out years ahead. Go back and read what you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Um.. the players pick the clubs they want to go to. Then the deal is done. Dockers already had the capital, Suns had the need to trade out picks for academy picks. You are dramatically overplaying Blair's involvement in both if you think he had anything to do with those factors. He got par.
So in your world Blair can’t say to players “we aren’t trading you, you’re contracted and there aren’t any good suitors to trade with”?

Good grief, we have EIGHT picks in the top 25 if a strong draft.

This nit-picking is idiotic Scoop

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Ha ha ha ha ha

Blair just gets a pass for netting us eight picks before several clubs get their first

Ha ha ha ha ha

Lobotomy central

• Dislike
Checklist so far today. Please let me know if I have anything wrong.

1) Blair Hartley should’ve had our list ready to contend four years after the last flag. Presumably using all the high draft picks we had 2013-2020. This was Willo’s offering.

2) Blair just gets a pass for ruthlessly bending three clubs over in the pursuit of our next premiership midfield. Scoop had this utter pearler.

We need TP to complete an utterly unhinged trifecta.

Something like… Yze is a disgusting human being?

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
So, if folks haven't realised I'm having to do some heavy editing and moderating right now. No one wants to read this stuff.

I've asked in PMs for people to de-escalate. Last - now public - warning.

If you can't communicate without personal insults or baiting other posters, prepare to take a break.

Reactions: 9 users
So, if folks haven't realised I'm having to do some heavy editing and moderating right now. No one wants to read this stuff.

If you can't communicate without personal insults or baiting other posters, prepare to take a break.
Cheers, it’s pretty boring “banter” going on.

Reactions: 3 users
Checklist so far today. Please let me know if I have anything wrong.

1) Blair Hartley should’ve had our list ready to contend four years after the last flag. Presumably using all the high draft picks we had 2013-2020. This was Willo’s offering.
Wrong. Stop telling lies
2) Blair just gets a pass for ruthlessly bending three clubs over in the pursuit of our next premiership midfield. Scoop had this utter pearler.
Stop trolling.people have different opinions to you.
We need TP to complete an utterly unhinged trifecta.
Trolling again
Something like… Yze is a disgusting human being?
Really?

Thanks General - agree this is now getting tedious to the point I was looking at blocking the whole thread if that’s possible.

It’s just not enjoyable reading