Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

We also could have been bluffed into overpaying by the Brisbane list manager pointing this out when the offers weren’t there. Like you said we don’t know so speculating about it to give an excuse is just that soeculation
Plus we could have traded our later picks and kept 41 as they are about same value for Brisbane which seems like a better deal for us I would have thought

get it done . See we agree here. lol

Good to know. Rioli is a gun but we still tend to overrate our own. GC want him bad so they can overpay, fine by me.

But neither will I start screaming "disgusting trade" if we only got 6.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems that the same crowd that peed their pants over Dustin going to Gold Coast may
be the same ones that currently have wet panties??

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Personally I'd take pick 6 for Rioli, anything more is a bonus. Let's see what bonus Blair can get for us.
Doesn't feel right at all - that is same as saying an influential proven, triple premiership player still in his prime, is worth the same as an untried 17 year old. Makes no sense.

Reactions: 1 users
Good to know. Rioli is a gun but we still tend to overrate our own. GC want him bad so they can overpay, fine by me.

But neither will I start screaming "disgusting trade" if we only got 6.
how can pick 6 be a disgusting trade for a 27YO HBF on big money?

Do not analyze this trade in isolation, wait until our final trading is done on Wednesday. If we can manage 6 selections in the first 25 and use one to trade into a future pick next year, it will be a great result.

Reactions: 10 users
I could see something that benefits both Richmond and GC working out to add something to Pick 6.

Just thinking that there must be a reason why we used 32 with Brisbane and not the later picks.

51 and 61 are 394 points.

If you ignore GC's 1st 4 picks (6, 13, 23 and 29) and they have 685 points, enough to match towards the back end of the 1st round.

Perhaps we will be asking for 23 or 29 and giving those picks back that we have in 51 and 61.

Adding 51 and 61 to GC's 41 and 50 would give them 1079 points, enough to match upto 1348 points or around Pick 11 for Lombard without taking a deficit. That would probably be around about maximising the use of your picks as its probably right around the point he will be bid on.

No point holding 32 for this, it wouldn't make a difference if we were getting 29 for example, so the above could be an option for getting that extra little bit on top of Pick 6.

Sure I'd prefer 23 for those later picks to be added to the Rioli deal but I reckon they know that like Pick 13, they will be getting much better offers than its worth with future picks, so would prefer to take that.

We tend to get caught up with whats in it for the Tigers vs other clubs, which is why we are Tigers, but when negotiating we need to understand it works both ways.

I reckon if we got 6 and 29 for Rioli, 51 and 61 we'll have done a good deal IMO. GC will then auction off 13 and 23 to the highest bidder as to them getting picks in next years draft is more important. They can't gain from the depth of this draft, but they can gain next year as they have several players towards the top of the draft, so picks at the moment are just a points commodity to them.

Reactions: 15 users
Spot on, regardless of what we do some will put a positive spin on everything even when it’s clear we haven’t made a smart move/decision.
yes and when they're right they claim to be some form of intelligence above humanity , yet they were only just towing the company line and correct by default. I wish they were right more often than wrong as we would all be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Spot on, regardless of what we do some will put a positive spin on everything even when it’s clear we haven’t made a smart move/decision.
And some will *smile* and moan regardless of the outcome.

Works both ways.

Reactions: 4 users
yes and when they're right they claim to be some formintelligence above humanity , yet they were only just towing the company line and correct by default. I wish they were right more often than wrong as we would all be happy.
But you're calling the trade disgusting in isolation. You've got no idea (and either do I) whether its part of a broader strategy, things are linked to it with the Lions, whether we already have a buyer for our other picks, what others were offering. It's why its best to wait until the dust settles and everything can be compared come Wednesday rather than having a hissy fit.

Reactions: 6 users
Surely those late picks now are to goldcoast for 29 in the rioli deal if they aren't id be sacking blair !

Reactions: 1 users