Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

But you're calling the trade disgusting in isolation. You've got no idea (and either do I) whether its part of a broader strategy, things are linked to it with the Lions, whether we already have a buyer for our other picks, what others were offering. It's why its best to wait until the dust settles and everything can be compared come Wednesday rather than having a hissy fit.
And i'm entitled to that opinion as it was a bs trade. All your stuff is scare tactics crap and irrelevant to the trade. We lost on it so how can it help us?

And some will *smile* and moan regardless of the outcome.

Works both ways.
Fair enough but also fair to say the club has let the ball drop these last few years with the recruitment of Dow, RCD etc. The appointment of Meehan. Allowing premiership players to leave for peanuts. Taranto and Hopper trade. Off field team significantly weakened. Not pulling the trigger on Dimma a year earlier which would of handed us Kingsley. The last piece of savvy business we have done was bringing in Lynch.
Let's hope Blair does pull some rabbits out of the hat and surprises us all

Reactions: 4 users
If we think that Rioli is worth more than pick 6, then Port will think that Houston is worth a great deal more than pick 14
They’re welcome to, but they now have to convince another team that give them what they think he’s worth. A player is only worth what another team is willing to part with to get them on the list.

Reactions: 1 user
And i'm entitled to that opinion as it was a bs trade. All your stuff is scare tactics crap and irrelevant to the trade. We lost on it so how can it help us?
You've got a real warped view of the world.

They're not scare tactics. He's saying there could be other things in play, that you and everyone else here, will be unaware of.

It's not irrelevant to the trade if it's part of a strategy...

I hope you don't go this early with your eruptions all the time - you might disappoint a partner.or two along the way! 🤪

Reactions: 1 users
That's ok. You obviously stuggle to understand it. Just eat your humble pie if you look like a *smile* come Wednesday.

• Haha
You've got a real warped view of the world.

They're not scare tactics. He's saying there could be other things in play, that you and everyone else here, will be unaware of.

It's not irrelevant to the trade if it's part of a strategy...

I hope you don't go this early with your eruptions all the time - you might disappoint a partner.or two along the way! 🤪
it's bs bc it leaves us with no bargaining power, but to use first round picks. You can't say we lose out by a shitload of points bc we wanted an early pick and then offload it again. That has potential for a double Blair reaming. IT was a terrible trade on just numbers alone as we lost control of the trade. We had the power and now have lost actual bargaining power.

it's obvious dude as people with different opinions would do the same to you. It's called amicable communication between fans. We aren't always right, or happy or upset, but we are all Tigers. The personal tripe is unwarranted as we are only expressing our opinions. The problem is some people just always want to cover the failings of the club up, but they're there mate bc we had our worst year in history and three top players are asking out. So every stone needs to be turned to see where the problems are coming from. We've been asleep for 3 years now and the results are there to see.

Setting up seven picks in the top 25 of a strong draft, bringing in fresh recruiting staff, signing a talented tall for seven years and backing in the incumbent coach to develop a cracking young side with a clean slate in 2025 is nowhere near “asleep”.

I call it exciting, I call it avoiding no-man’s land, I call it a serious launch and most deliciously a huge middle finger to the competition and AFL.

I reckon we disagree.

• Wow
Reactions: 22 users
Setting up seven picks in the top 25 of a strong draft, bringing in fresh recruiting staff, signing a talented tall for seven years and backing in the incumbent coach to develop a cracking young side with a clean slate in 2025 is nowhere near “asleep”.

I call it exciting, I call it avoiding no-man’s land, I call it a serious launch and most deliciously a huge middle finger to the competition and AFL.

I reckon we disagree.
I agree on this totally and never said we were asleep , but have been as a poster pointed out earlier. Still assisting the reigning pemiers on the way to two more gun players isn't really going to help us . The incumbent coach has a lot of proving to do that he's the man based on what we've seen this year and backing him in might be an overstatement. lol

I agree on this totally and never said we were asleep , but have been as a poster pointed out earlier. Still assisting the reigning pemiers on the way to two more gun players isn't really going to help us . The incumbent coach has a lot of proving to do that he's the man based on what we've seen this year and backing him in might be an overstatement. lol
What else we gonna do but back Yze?

He’s heading into year 2 after a nadir year that Hardwick should’ve hung around for.

Hopefully Blair can redeem himself in the few days left

• Haha
Fair enough but also fair to say the club has let the ball drop these last few years with the recruitment of Dow, RCD etc. The appointment of Meehan. Allowing premiership players to leave for peanuts. Taranto and Hopper trade. Off field team significantly weakened. Not pulling the trigger on Dimma a year earlier which would of handed us Kingsley. The last piece of savvy business we have done was bringing in Lynch.
Let's hope Blair does pull some rabbits out of the hat and surprises us all
Are you seriously arguing that the club dropped the ball by not jettisoning the senior coach after losing an elimination final by 2 points after a corrupt video review process, and only two years after winning 3 GF’s in 4 years?

Reactions: 4 users
What else we gonna do but back Yze?

He’s heading into year 2 after a nadir year that Hardwick should’ve hung around for.
I know you're right, but i feel sorry for him as he's got a mountain to climb. He's in Wallet territory.

I know you're right, but i feel sorry for him as he's got a mountain to climb. He's in Wallet territory.
I fully expect all posters on here not to have any opinions on draft night about who we draft. If we can’t have an opinion on pick swaps because “we don’t know all the background” then it will be impossible to have any opinion on drafted players where we clearly don’t have all the facts

• Love
We will know if Blair is the real deal if he has the stones to say to WC and GC we are keeping our players because you are undervaluing them.

I would prefer no deal to a poor deal.

As soon as the club identified precisely where we were at (around May I reckon) Hartley was given the green light to step in and do his thing.

Club is setting Yze up to succeed. Pure speculation but I think he will be OK.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users