Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

P155 is a chronic bedwetter - needs to talk to a GP.
here we were reading on the JGTI thread all the usual bed wetters complaing how we got diddled for pick 42 yet Blair just donated 32 and 42 away to the premiers for nothing. Please AA don't let the lunatics start dictating you. lol

Last edited:
it was a disgusting trade ok now stop your nonsense . What is this Danny nonsense? Stick to the theme Strawman
Thats not a straw man, thats a hypothetical reference point. ie. if a pretty innocuous pick swap is disgusting, where does that leave you? What can you call an actual bad trade?

If I'd said you hate Tom Lynch, because Blair did that deal, and you are criticising Blair, that would be a straw man.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Thats not a straw man, thats a hypothetical reference point. ie. if a pretty innocuous pick swap is disgusting, where does that leave you? What can you call an actual bad trade?
it's been spelt out about 5 time on here. now stop as you're killing me. lol

Pick 32 is valuable in this strong and deep draft. Clubs would be clogging up our phone on draft night offering future picks to get their hands on it. But good old Blair just flushed it down the dunny.

Have a bex and a lie-down Hazza, long way to go yet.

Hey can you stop being a tool and cut your personal crap out. Here i'll give you 912 aud and you return me 1700aud . Pick 32 needed to be retained ok now stop drinking Blair's bathwater.
Except that we had 1700 aud and they had 912 British pounds.

Currency after pick 30 is worth less than currency 20 and before.
You're not talking apples and apples here. Not all points are equal.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Perhaps Blair has taken a leaf out of Yzes book and is just sitting back this trade period. Club has been asleep at the wheel the last few years and looks like it's continuing. Maybe Blair is some master planner and will end up with a major haul come end of trade period but I think people are giving him too much credit. Just like we gave away premiership players for peanuts it looks like that may well be continuing. People better temper their expectations on what we receive in the Baker, Rioli and Shai deals as they may be in for a rude shock!

Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps Blair has taken a leaf out of Yzes book and is just sitting back this trade period. Club has been asleep at the wheel the last few years and looks like it's continuing. Maybe Blair is some master planner and will end up with a major haul come end of trade period but I think people are giving him too much credit. Just like we gave away premiership players for peanuts it looks like that may well be continuing. People better temper their expectations on what we receive in the Baker, Rioli and Shai deals as they may be in for a rude shock!
You must be new around here, Blair does this every year. And last years draft he pulled a lot of rabbits out of hats in live trading to stockpile for this year, ahead of the game he was, so I reject the asleep at the wheel crack..

Negotiation 101, time is your friend. Or alternatively, the first offer is often the best offer.

OR, fools rush in, VERSUS, he who hesitates is lost.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
here we were reading on the JGTI thread all the usual bed wetters complaing how qwe got diddled for pick 42 yet Blair just donated 32 and 42 away to the premiers for nothing. Please AA don't let the lunatics start dictating you. lol
Some people make more sense than others on this thread, guess which category I have you in.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Some people make more sense than others on this thread, guess which category I have you in.
it's obvious dude as people with different opinions would do the same to you. It's called amicable communication between fans. We aren't always right, or happy or upset, but we are all Tigers. The personal tripe is unwarranted as we are only expressing our opinions. The problem is some people just always want to cover the failings of the club up, but they're there mate bc we had our worst year in history and three top players are asking out. So every stone needs to be turned to see where the problems are coming from. We've been asleep for 3 years now and the results are there to see.

it's obvious dude as people with different opinions would do the same to you. It's called amicable communication between fans. We aren't always right, or happy or upset, but we are all Tigers. The personal tripe is unwarranted as we are only expressing our opinions. The problem is some people just always want to cover the failings of the club up, but they're there mate bc we had our worst year in history and three top players are asking out. So every stone needs to be turned to see where the problems are coming from. We've been asleep for 3 years now and the results are there to see.
I guess we wait and see what the position is at the end of the trade period but on its face the trade is not great for us. People saying points don’t matter so who cares fail to appreciate that we could have used later picks and kept one of our earlier picks. If as everyone says this is a deep draft then likely there will be at least one juicy slider at pick 32. And also maybe even in the forties.

To my mind the trade looks even worse when you compare it with h trade they did almost immediately with Carlton which is about even points wise (based on this years points)

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe Brisbane were going to move onto other options? No-one really knows what has been offered for that pick.

Melbourne have 1703 points between 28 and 65 - they may have made an offer
Saints have 1019 points between 27 and 47 and could have offered future picks to bulk the deal up
Giants have 910 points between 37 and 56 and also could have offered future picks

We might also need that Pick 20 to unlock other deals, again we have no idea whats being discussed behind closed doors so might have been pushed into getting the deal done asap rather than wait, as surely Brisbane wouldn't have wanted to wait either as it takes out the chances of other deals occurring.

I would hazard a guess that the same people crying blue murder over the pick trade, would have also cried blue murder had Melbourne traded those picks above for Brisbanes pick as "Blair being asleep at the wheel, what are we supposed to do with all those later picks now".

Whilst yes we may appear to have gone a bit early, but what else? What if they'd traded it to someone else, and we couldn't trade those picks out, we don't have enough list spots for those and the expected picks we will get, so again people would cry blue murder over "losing those picks as we didn't trade early enough".

Maybe wait and see what happens across the full trade period rather than fixating on 1 trade.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I guess we wait and see what the position is at the end of the trade period but on its face the trade is not great for us. People saying points don’t matter so who cares fail to appreciate that we could have used later picks and kept one of our earlier picks. If as everyone says this is a deep draft then likely there will be at least one juicy slider at pick 32. And also maybe even in the forties.

To my mind the trade looks even worse when you compare it with h trade they did almost immediately with Carlton which is about even points wise (based on this years points)
Also clubs like us that overpay for early picks is why Gold Coast were able to nab 4 first rounders last year as folks overpaid for their early pick, crazy to support a system that torts us by giving them the ammunition to do it

Who wants to "cover the failings of the club up"?

All I've seen here is sensible folks saying "you can't judge this trade on face value - we dont know how these deals were done and there are a lot of factors still in play".

When you label a deal as "disgusting" it's pretty clear you've made your mind up based on preconceived biases. That gets no respect from me, sorry dude.

Reactions: 2 users
Hmmm let me see, Blair Hartley Professional AFL List Manger, known throughout the industry as one of the best going around.
Or some unknown posters on a fan forum website saying he doesn't know what he's doing.

I know who I'd put my money on.

Patience folks there's still a lot to play out yet.

Reactions: 14 users
Personally I'd take pick 6 for Rioli, anything more is a bonus. Let's see what bonus Blair can get for us.

Reactions: 11 users
Who wants to "cover the failings of the club up"?

All I've seen here is sensible folks saying "you can't judge this trade on face value - we dont know how these deals were done and there are a lot of factors still in play".

When you label a deal as "disgusting" it's pretty clear you've made your mind up based on preconceived biases. That gets no respect from me, sorry dude.
some fans who pretend everything the club does is right .lol

Maybe Brisbane were going to move onto other options? No-one really knows what has been offered for that pick.

Melbourne have 1703 points between 28 and 65 - they may have made an offer
Saints have 1019 points between 27 and 47 and could have offered future picks to bulk the deal up
Giants have 910 points between 37 and 56 and also could have offered future picks

We might also need that Pick 20 to unlock other deals, again we have no idea whats being discussed behind closed doors so might have been pushed into getting the deal done asap rather than wait, as surely Brisbane wouldn't have wanted to wait either as it takes out the chances of other deals occurring.

I would hazard a guess that the same people crying blue murder over the pick trade, would have also cried blue murder had Melbourne traded those picks above for Brisbanes pick as "Blair being asleep at the wheel, what are we supposed to do with all those later picks now".

Whilst yes we may appear to have gone a bit early, but what else? What if they'd traded it to someone else, and we couldn't trade those picks out, we don't have enough list spots for those and the expected picks we will get, so again people would cry blue murder over "losing those picks as we didn't trade early enough".

Maybe wait and see what happens across the full trade period rather than fixating on 1 trade.
We also could have been bluffed into overpaying by the Brisbane list manager pointing this out when the offers weren’t there. Like you said we don’t know so speculating about it to give an excuse is just that soeculation