Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Bizarre that the trade week darksiders are now bringing the Yze appointment/ladder position/yada yada into this thread.

Actually not bizarre, its because they know they've gone OTT on the "disgusting trades" done so far and so are throwing obvious decoys out to distract.

Lets keep this thread on topic kids.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
GC now refusing to include pick 23 in the trade. Pick 32 would have enticed them. Freo refusing to trade 10 and 11. Pick 32 would have enticed them. On draft night a few guns would slide to pick 32 which clubs would trade futures for. Blair has left no currency on the table. Pick 20 was always ours.

Reactions: 3 users
We also could have been bluffed into overpaying by the Brisbane list manager pointing this out when the offers weren’t there. Like you said we don’t know so speculating about it to give an excuse is just that soeculation
Yeah, that's a possibility. Another possibility is that Pick 20 is going to unlock 2 additional top 10 picks for us, so getting Pick 20, a 1st rounder, quickly, before anyone else got it, was important to us.

All that proves is that judging the club on the Lions pick swap without any other information at hand is a complete waste of time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
If we can’t have an opinion on pick swaps

Opinions are fine. But don't confuse them with facts. Opinions are there to be debated. Facts are a different beast.

When people start sprouting opinion as fact, then when being called on them quickly revert to "it's my opinion, I'm allowed to have it", I can't help but think they are hardcore, rusted on Kane Cornes listeners.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Hmmm let me see, Blair Hartley Professional AFL List Manger, known throughout the industry as one of the best going around.
Or some unknown posters on a fan forum website saying he doesn't know what he's doing.

I know who I'd put my money on.

Patience folks there's still a lot to play out yet.
I can’t wait to use the line that Toce is a professional recruiter and nobody here is so we can’t criticise draft picks on draft night. I suspect many defending the Blair trade won’t take that attitude when their favourite player doesn’t get picked at a certain position

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I can’t wait to use the line that Toce is a professional recruiter and nobody here is so we can’t criticise draft picks on draft night. I suspect many defending the Blair trade won’t take that attitude when their favourite player doesn’t get picked at a certain position
And don’t get me started on how Bengal will react if Jontu Faull is still available at pick 32 😂😂😂

Yeah, that's a possibility. Another possibility is that Pick 20 is going to unlock 2 additional top 10 picks for us, so getting Pick 20, a 1st rounder, quickly, before anyone else got it, was important to us.

All that proves is that judging the club on the Lions pick swap without any other information at hand is a complete waste of time.
How can pick 20 get us two additional top 10 picks, I’m confused

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
How can pick 20 get us two additional top 10 picks, I’m confused
As a final thought we need to remember that yes we will have a decent draft hand but it came by losing 4 best 22 players including 3 of our best 5 players we would need a massive draft bounty to make that up

Reactions: 7 users
It's an exercise in futility. Like trades. We can only assess them on face value but we have absolutely no idea what else sits behind the decision. People who like certain kids have no idea how they've gone in interviews with the club, whether the club has other intel on the kid, whether another club was going to jump in and grab another kid we preferred at that pick which forced our hand, etc. It makes good banter etc but absolutely no substance to it and especially no use in people losing their *smile* and getting abusive about it.

Reactions: 6 users
It's an exercise in futility. Like trades. We can only assess them on face value but we have absolutely no idea what else sits behind the decision. People who like certain kids have no idea how they've gone in interviews with the club, whether the club has other intel on the kid, whether another club was going to jump in and grab another kid we preferred at that pick which forced our hand, etc. It makes good banter etc but absolutely no substance to it and especially no use in people losing their *smile* and getting abusive about it.
Agree if you can’t judge a points swap on face value you certainly can’t judge a kid drafted as that comparison is much harder to do. I hope some posters on here remember that

Reactions: 1 user
Remains to be seen what happens,

But if we weren't going to use 42, 43 and 45...

We've basically just traded 32 for 20.

That seems like a win?

Too many people stressed about points, which are an entirely hypothetical construct.

Exactly and no-one knows what other clubs were offering.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
GC now refusing to include pick 23 in the trade. Pick 32 would have enticed them. Freo refusing to trade 10 and 11. Pick 32 would have enticed them. On draft night a few guns would slide to pick 32 which clubs would trade futures for. Blair has left no currency on the table. Pick 20 was always ours.
we *smile* it all up helping Brisbane town.

Reactions: 2 users

You don't think Blair may have asked those questions of both those 2 clubs? I'd hazard a guess that anything we suggest up on here by us mere mortals, have been ideas on a whiteboard for a number of weeks. Don't make out like you've suddenly thought of something and Blair has no idea whats going on.

Is there a full moon or something!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Based on what it was ours ??. You do realise come draft night we can trade this pick with clubs coming at us.

As far as 32 shouldn’t ’t have been included in no deal stick firm.