Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I don't see the positivity of this trade...
We had Brisbane over a barrel...
We didn't need to give them 1709 points when we had 600 up our sleeve with pick 1.
Pick 32 should have been kept and replaced with the 2 later picks We have.
End of story.
Brisbane win this trade hands down

Reactions: 7 users
Pick 32 was crucial to us trading into next year's draft and it made very little difference to Brisbane where the points came from.

At worst we could have insisted that they take our picks 51 and 62 and we keep pick 43 that can be used to trade into next year's draft.

Unless we already have a buyer for the late draft picks they may as well be flushed down the toilet.
I mean we can wring our hands but you can bet Hartley tried the angles. Didn’t happen and we focus on what we need from the draft.

Reactions: 1 users
Balme was the man behind the trades that helped win us premierships. We're back to amateur hour again with Blair now.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Pick 32 is valuable in this strong and deep draft. Clubs would be clogging up our phone on draft night offering future picks to get their hands on it. But good old Blair just flushed it down the dunny.

You're just spamming the thread now, we well and truly know your opinion, build a bridge......

Reactions: 3 users
Blair should come out now and say how valuable Rioli is to us :)
The trade value of pick #13 just went way down.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't see the positivity of this trade...
We had Brisbane over a barrel...
We didn't need to give them 1709 points when we had 600 up our sleeve with pick 1.
Pick 32 should have been kept and replaced with the 2 later picks We have.
End of story.
Brisbane win this trade hands down
But you're assuming those picks aren't required for another trade, with say Carlton (Camporeale brothers).

This thread looks like there's a lot of shadows to be jumped at.

Blair should come out now and say how valuable Rioli is to us :)
The trade value of pick #13 just went way down.
Carlton will now have a challenge matching a Camporeale bid or two if it comes. At least one of this middle picks could have gained us picks next year

But you're assuming those picks aren't required for another trade, with say Carlton (Camporeale brothers).

This thread looks like there's a lot of shadows to be jumped at.
Even if that was the case...
Wouldn't we get better value for 32 than the other 2 picks that we hold?
It makes no sense.
We had the whip hand an
d we just let it go.
Brisbane had no choice but to trade with us...
And...
I think...
32 and 3 picks in 40s is actually better than 20...
I think the picks in the 40s may have given us trade currency into next year on draft night...
Anyway...
It is what it us and I hope pick 20 turns out to be a star...
Logically...it's way under what we could have got.

Logically...it's way under what we could have got.

It's illogical to make a call on this trade when we have *smile* all knowledge on what's being discussed with who, and what our club rate picks 32, more likely 40, and above in this draft

Reactions: 2 users
Mucks the Baker trade up a bit. If he gets to West Coast will likely mean the centre piece will be a future pick you'd think.

Reactions: 1 user
Remains to be seen what happens,

But if we weren't going to use 42, 43 and 45...

We've basically just traded 32 for 20.

That seems like a win?

Too many people stressed about points, which are an entirely hypothetical construct.

Reactions: 11 users