Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Fremantle apparently had pick 11 on the table for Baker.

So 10,11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker.

Also if Carlton now use 14 as part of the deal to make a play for Houston it would mean Collingwood is out and that the Sun's pick 13 is back on the table.

Hmm Rioli and pick 20 for 6 and 13. Will be interesting how these trades unfold.
Hmm Rioli and 20 for 6 and 13 sounds good to me.

Seems we are getting our pants pulled down atm. Shall wait and see but i sure as hell hope they have some sort of plan.

Reactions: 1 user
would it be fair to say that pick 32 might end up around 40 by the time all the academy and father/sons come into play? As where 20 can be used better even if it is pushed back to 24ish- as its still going to be in the first round on night 1.

Remember that academy/father son picks don't have any real impact on who we would have drafted anyway. For all intents and purposes, those guys were effectively not in the available pool.

Compo picks are the only ones that dilute our trade hand.

Reactions: 3 users
yep Blair being schooled. watch him crumble with the other trades. He'll accept pick 6 for rioli with something going back and 11 and 18 for bolton with a future second going back.
Harry you have no idea of what trash you are spruiking ! Back to school now

The Hartley trade to Brisbane was fine. We need to get as many top 25 picks as possible.

Matt Clarke is still hurting us after he has left. Carlton's future first probably isn't as valuable as pick 14 given they should improve next year.

I think the play now should be Bakes and Shai to Freo for it's three first rounders. Bakes needs to suck it up. He would still get back to WA.

Reactions: 4 users
probably your best ever post Jimmy
I'd agree. It was my first thoughts as well.
The other position I had was, we only wanted to bring so many on the list, this year.
So 6-8 in the top 25 this year, then turn over more next year - where the quality for us will be similiar but we get a different spread of ages on the list.

Reactions: 2 users
Fremantle apparently had pick 11 on the table for Baker.

So 10,11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker.

Also if Carlton now use 14 as part of the deal to make a play for Houston it would mean Collingwood is out and that the Sun's pick 13 is back on the table.

Hmm Rioli and pick 20 for 6 and 13. Will be interesting how these trades unfold.
10 11 & 18 for Baker and Bolton
Get it done Blair

Reactions: 5 users
We were never going to use the picks in the 40's, and 20 is a massive upgrade on 32.

*But we should have used our later picks instead of 32, cos we might have used 32, Blair sux waaaaaaa*

Maybe having a few spare picks fits our plans better than one spare pick? Like maybe we're looking at some experienced fringe players, or some VFL types, or whatever and we need a few junk pics to bring in the guys we want?

Or maybe Brisvegas was getting intereset from other clubs, and 20 was at risk? And we thought that holding onto 32 and junk picks we wouldn't use didn't make much sense just for the sake of "nOt gEttInG reAMed!!?!"

Or maybe we value good trading relationships, because it's a better way to get the deals done that matter most to you, than Doddoro-style brinkmanship that pisses everyone off?

Who knows? Not me, I wasn't privy to the negotiations. Happy to be educated by anyone who was. On the face of it, it's an upgrade that leaves us with options. Good trading if you ask me.
When you are working on 4 deals at once sometimes you can miss the boat when things change as the Barass deal just has, so I am glad this deal is at least done. Freo will be auctioning off one of their picks soon.

Hawthorn is gambling that west coast buckle. for us this means good news, we have an option to get pick three and a future second and offer say pick 9 (from bolton swap) and baker? is my maths right?

The hawks may have done us a solid.

10 11 & 18 for Baker and Bolton is a better net return than 11 & 18 for Bolton and 14 for Baker.

Reactions: 9 users
10 11 & 18 for Baker and Bolton
Get it done Blair
If so Fremantle is keen on winning a goddam flag. Good on them.

Also means we are keen on bouncing harder than Bouncer off the fender of Craig McLachan’s Porsche went he left the channel 10 car park for the last time

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Well Matt Clarke has a lot of work to do to get Baker to WC. :p

Reactions: 1 users
Remember that academy/father son picks don't have any real impact on who we would have drafted anyway. For all intents and purposes, those guys were effectively not in the available pool.

Compo picks are the only ones that dilute our trade hand.
Understood. but wouldn't that pick (32 that might blow out to 40); be the 40th best player in the draft pool? and therefore we might not have rated many players after 40 in this years draft? if one of our top 40 slides past 40 i suppose thats where the "on the night" draft trading comes into play- for us to use a future 3rd rounder for one of our top 40; that has slid?

1 6 10 11 18 20 24

Or thereabouts

Just think on that, if this draft is as pure as it appears to be.

That’s seven potential top-ten caliber players in one haul.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Pick 32 is valuable in this strong and deep draft. Clubs would be clogging up our phone on draft night offering future picks to get their hands on it. But good old Blair just flushed it down the dunny.
I'd rather have pick 20 than pick 32

Reactions: 6 users
Pick 32 was crucial to us trading into next year's draft and it made very little difference to Brisbane where the points came from.

At worst we could have insisted that they take our picks 51 and 62 and we keep pick 43 that can be used to trade into next year's draft.

Unless we already have a buyer for the late draft picks they may as well be flushed down the toilet.