Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Sorry! I've read and re-read the "rules" about The Draft and I cannot comprehend them. It's like trying to understand Crypto Currency to me. I'm glad you younger guys have a handle on them.

All I hope and pray for is in a couple of years time I read on AFL.com that the 2024 draft was the foundation stone to Richmond's re-building and it's re-emergence as a premiership threat.

Amen to that........
dont bet on it

Reactions: 1 user
We were never going to use the picks in the 40's, and 20 is a massive upgrade on 32.

*But we should have used our later picks instead of 32, cos we might have used 32, Blair sux waaaaaaa*

Maybe having a few spare picks fits our plans better than one spare pick? Like maybe we're looking at some experienced fringe players, or some VFL types, or whatever and we need a few junk pics to bring in the guys we want?

Or maybe Brisvegas was getting intereset from other clubs, and 20 was at risk? And we thought that holding onto 32 and junk picks we wouldn't use didn't make much sense just for the sake of "nOt gEttInG reAMed!!?!"

Or maybe we value good trading relationships, because it's a better way to get the deals done that matter most to you, than Doddoro-style brinkmanship that pisses everyone off?

Who knows? Not me, I wasn't privy to the negotiations. Happy to be educated by anyone who was. On the face of it, it's an upgrade that leaves us with options. Good trading if you ask me.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
There's so many possible reasons why we wanted Pick 20, but without knowing our thinking, we can only wait and see.

Who knows, maybe we needed a 1st rounder to secure better picks for one of our trades.

After 20 years on this board, it's still head scratching to see how the usual darksider suspects can look at every little thing the club does from a negative perspective. Always looking for something wrong or bad with what we do. You must be fun at parties.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Lol at the melts

Also lol at the notion that Hartley is an amateur

The trade tells me about the draft. There are different kinds of deep.

This move tells me there will be top ten caliber players sliding to 20-25 this year but it falls away after that.

In previous years we’ve been ok with a pick 32. I’m now seeing this draft as a pure, unusually strong top ender that falls away.

Grabbing 6 in the top 25 is Hartley’s end goal here. I would suggest posters keep an eye on the prize instead of melting.

Reactions: 23 users
We might as well deal with Cartoon now and bring Wet Coke in bed with us.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol at the melts

Also lol at the notion that Hartley is an amateur

The trade tells me about the draft. There are different kinds of deep.

This move tells me there will be top ten caliber players sliding to 20-25 this year but it falls away after that.

In previous years we’ve been ok with a pick 32. I’m now seeing this draft as a pure top ender that falls away.

Grabbing 6 in the top 25 is Hartley’s end goal here. I would suggest posters keep an eye on the prize instead of melting.
probably your best ever post Jimmy

Reactions: 4 users
Fremantle apparently had pick 11 on the table for Baker.

So 10,11 and 18 for Bolton and Baker.

Also if Carlton now use 14 as part of the deal to make a play for Houston it would mean Collingwood is out and that the Sun's pick 13 is back on the table.

Hmm Rioli and pick 20 for 6 and 13. Will be interesting how these trades unfold.
We're all about 1st rounders - not interested in 2nd and beyond. Reckon close to the money on Rioli, but 24 instead of 20. Interesting indeed.

Pick 32 is valuable in this strong and deep draft. Clubs would be clogging up our phone on draft night offering future picks to get their hands on it. But good old Blair just flushed it down the dunny.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Probably best we take 10 & 18 for Bolton in case more sh!t hits the fan from other clubs.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
would it be fair to say that pick 32 might've ended up at around 40 by the time all the academy and father/sons came into play? As where 20 can be used better; even if it is pushed back to 24ish- as its still going to be in the first round on night 1.

Reactions: 4 users