Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Strange deal on the surface. Does it indicate we will bid on Ashcroft at pick 1 now?

Reactions: 1 user
It's not about using the picks. It's about maximising the trades with other clubs. We've now thrown away all of our picks that could have been used. Pick 32 could easily have been used as a sweetener to get pick 13 from GC as they need the points for Lombard. That's 584 points.
No it wouldnt have. Gold Coast need points next year not this. Pick 32 would have made no bearing on that. They already have enough draft capital to get Lombard.

Reactions: 2 users
Is this for real? We traded 1,704 points for 912? Blair is a push over.
I can't believe we did this? ? I was concerned it was going to happen bc rumours were strong. People worrying about pick 42 for Graham yet BH can gift picks to the reigning premiers. Terrible trade

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Good deal dont need those picks all out picks will be done in the first 25

Reactions: 1 users
no one has the points like we do
The point is, Brisbane need to have enough points to get up to pick 1. There's no value for them being able to get to pick 15 and no higher.
If we want the first round pick, we need to give something up that's of value to them.

Think of it a different way. Would you trade pick 20 for a series of picks 30 and beyond normally? Would you expect to get 4 high calibre players?
Of course they answer is no. Because the point values are just arbitrary numbers. The chances of turning one of those picks into a good player is low. They're not valuable to us. Pick 20 is.

Reactions: 10 users
No it wouldnt have. Gold Coast need points next year not this. Pick 32 would have made no bearing on that. They already have enough draft capital to get Lombard.
No they don't if they trade away 6, 13, 23. Also they may want to pick up a few more players with picks other than 29 this year in the draft along with Lombard.

tHAT WOULD BE SILLY as Brisbane then get 600 points reduced .
Who gives a *smile*! You cant see forest through the trees. We get a golden opportunity to grab another good kid in a strong draft plus those later picks are of no use to us.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Its amazing. People losing their *smile* over this. Cant wait to see the reaction when we trade Rioli, Baker and Bolton.
I'm preparing to put my Brets away, put my shirt back on and get my moderating hat. *smile* is gonna hit the fan and be thrown like a monkey at the zoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Harry's golden rule, don't do the deal in front of you because other deals may or may not happen in the future. Or, always second guess yourself.

Pretty sure thats dot point two in the 'what not to do' section of the negotiation manual.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The point is, Brisbane need to have enough points to get up to pick 1. There's no value for them being able to get to pick 15 and no higher.
If we want the first round pick, we need to give something up that's of value to them.

Think of it a different way. Would you trade pick 20 for a series of picks 30 and beyond normally? Would you expect to get 4 high calibre players?
Of course they answer is no. Because the point values are just arbitrary numbers. The chances of turning one of those picks into a good player is low. They're not valuable to us. Pick 20 is.
Brisbane had no other choice but to trade with us. They would risk losing Ashcroft otherwise. We should have demanded their F1 or we pick up Ashcroft.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Same people defending Blair are the same people saying we got diddled on the Graham compensation. Then tell me i have NFI.