Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Freo initially offered 10 and 18 then yesterday it changed to 11 and 18. Why?
Because they know we were possibly going to give 10 and Baker for 3. Giving WC first access to Allan ahead of Freo.

Reactions: 3 users
Not only from a perspective of if Freo give up both 10 and 11 for Shai then they can't get Bo... but also...

if we get 10 from freo and use it as part of a deal for WC pick 3 then WC will usurp Freo if Freo still hold pick 11.

Yeh grab pick 9 with enough junk picks to equal 5 or 6 and tell freo we’ll take Allan if they don’t play fair. On trade it to them if they do for an inflated price

Reactions: 1 users
So Freo basically want everything.

I've speculated this for a while, but if its 10/11 and 18 then a player/s would have to be part of that trade. Would we do 11, 18 and Cooper Simpson? Sort of a bit of steak knives.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
So Freo basically want everything.

I've speculated this for a while, but if its 10/11 and 18 then a player/s would have to be part of that trade. Would we do 11, 18 and Cooper Simpson? Sort of a bit of steak knives.
At first I thought 10 and 11 and 30, unders, but I'd do it. Then thinking again, and taking Bell's point that draft picks are worth more this year, 10 and 11 would get it done, or maybe 10/11, 18 and 30/ a player

This is my opinion and where I think Freo are dumb…
Hand over 10 & 11 now for Bolton and miss on Allan
We trade Baker & 10 for 3
WC get Baker & Allan for 3
Everyone wins
If Freo get Bolton and play finals, it increases their odds of getting Warner next year.
If Freo don’t do the deal, finish 10th and Longmuir gets the ass, they are no chance of getting Warner and look like complete amateurs…

Reactions: 15 users
and ya boxing gloves.

potential deserters will have to gain that respect back
You are overstating it. Both are contracted and at least in Dans case it is clear that the club doesn’t want to lose him. Given all the circumstances it is a sensible and reasonable request now with GC and if he misses out he will feel let down because Dimma (GC) didnt follow through. Lesson learnt.
Shai imo badly let down by his treatment at the hands of match Cttee. Not doing how and why again.
But think he will settle back ok. Don’t agree that he owes anyone an apology
and the idea that he deserted anyone is bunkum.

• Haha
If we don’t have an intention to draft Allan whether we get 10 and 18 or 11 and 18 makes no difference to us because we know Freo would use 10 on Allan.
It makes no difference to the Eagles either unless there is an intention to do that 3 for 10 and Baker deal. Sounds like that may well be the intention.
Tough one but I would have thought we hold the power in the end
If Freo don’t deal with us they may well get Allan but they won’t get Shai. If the Eagles don’t deal with us they will probably have to take Allan at 3 and use the Hawks 14 on Baker.

Graham was the last deal done whether FA or trade. Even JGTI moves faster now. lol
Getting very boring as we're all running around in circles.

Reactions: 1 user
Miss out on Bo Allen or miss out on Shai Bolton?

This is why some clubs will never win a flag.

Reactions: 6 users
I'm not sure why the Shockers are into Allan other than him being a sand groper? Positionally they have his type well and truly covered, the Weagles on the other hand could do with him a lot more.

Would think Richmond might look to make a play for Essendon's pick 9 with their list manager's comments today that they are unlikely to be able to trade up so need to trade it out as there is an expectancy of an early bid on Kako.

Essendon also need points as their only other pick is 31 = 606 points.

Pick 9 is worth 1469 points.

Richmond has pick 24 = 785 points and the picks from 32 onwards are worth over 2,100 points.

Not out of the realms of possibility that Richmond could look to try and get Essendon's pick 9 as well as Brisbane's pick 20. Especially with Richmond's other trades that are yet to drop and potentially other secondary picks that might be used as sweeteners by the Suns or Freo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
One thing people are forgetting is that we are not in a rush for these trades to happen.
We are trading to players for picks, we are not looking at trading other players in, we are only looking to move up the board.

The only one affected is the baker trade, but we could already have an in-principle agreement with WCE if we want pick 3 as part of trading Baker to them.

My understanding is, that picks can be traded up and down after the trade period right up until draft day and even on that day before the draft.
We have plenty of time to move up and down, we are in no rush to get the picks in, so again this gives us more power waiting until the last moment to accept fair or over deals from Suns and Freo.

Balls in your court Suns and Freo, and each day we wait this moves the narrative to putting pressure on them to get the players in. Just today they were talking on trade radio, they supported clubs going all in to win the premiership, if want flags you need good players not fresh 18-year-olds.

Reactions: 4 users