Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Why should we package them up with 34? If we don't use 34 it can be used as a sweetener in another trade or we can trade it on draft night for a future pick. The guarantee not to bid on Ashcroft at 1 is the reason why they should accept an even points trade.
The AFL scrutinises all trades.

If we and Brisbane do that the legitimate question from the AFL to Brisbane is why would you bother trading pick 20 for picks of equal value when you know you have to give up the picks to get Ashcroft anyway, you received no benefit for the trade. The only answers they could give is that Richmond promised not to bid on Ashcroft or that they are stupid.

Agreeing to not bid on a player for a draft benefit is draft tampering which comes with a sanction.

It happens behind closed doors but the last thing you want to do is provide the AFL with the evidence you are doing it.

Reactions: 3 users
No i used that as an example and our first rounder could also be a dud based on recent history. I'm solely looking at it as what's a fair deal. You've done your maths wrong as we are getting pick 20 already in the original post i made, but are 1053 points over. They need to give us an extra first rounder.

Do you understand these numbers?

Yes I do , no way in the world should 32 be involved , but 43 45 51 etc , I guess it comes down to who offer the best deal for the Lions ! If we don’t someone else will do it.

Not sure who first said 32 , probably some journo

Reactions: 1 users
Yes I do , no way in the world should 32 be involved , but 43 45 51 etc , I guess it comes down to who offer the best deal for the Lions ! If we don’t someone else will do it.

Brisbane is trying to get two firsts for the price of one by trying to get lots of late picks. Read this article bc it explains how late picks can get you what you want earlier on.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Files/Father-son-bidding-system.pdf

Last edited:

Yes they will auction it. It looks like we'll be in a position to win the auction pretty easily, the issue for Brisbane is that another club might put a more appealing pick on the block.

Reactions: 1 user
Calm down peeps, we will do the other deals 1st. We should still have enough picks to make a call on what we do with Brisbane, but if those later picks aren't needed for sweeteners, its a no brainer that we will trade them to Brisbane BUT there is no way we will be paying a 1000+ point premium as has been suggested in the media, its never been done before and we aren't that stupid.

For Brisbane, even allowing for trading Robertson and Prior as examples, they won't have enough points, I simply can't see a way they do it without trading their future 1st.

I could see us packaging up our later picks, along with either our F3rd or a later F2nd (not ours) and get their 1st this year and next year. I can't see how they do it without trading their 1st into this year, but essentially at a points premium to its value in the 2025 draft.

Reactions: 11 users
Yes they will auction it. It looks like we'll be in a position to win the auction pretty easily, the issue for Brisbane is that another club might put a more appealing pick on the block.
we can't lose either we get the pick from Brisbane or we trade them for next year's future picks. These won't get wasted.

Reactions: 2 users
Cal Twomey now reporting the bombers are getting itchy feet re: a team bidding on Kako before their first pick. I'd forget pick 20 from the Lions and eye of this essendon pick 9... and then bid on Ashcroft at one.
I doubt Essendon week get rid if their 1st pick, more likely to try to move up a couple of spots.

But the conversation we could have with them is about a couple of trades if a bid fits come before their 1st.
Something like their pick 9 for some later picks that give them the points they need. Then once they have Kako, we trade them out next pick for their F1. I would guess e wood need to give them a little more, but essentially we trade out later picks plus a pick between 10-14, and get back pick 9 and Essendon F1.
While the Bombers get Kako and pick 10-14 for pick 9 and their F1.
Win/win I reckon. If a bid doesn't come for Kako we trade the later picks for F2s or upgrades for our current picks.

Why should we package them up with 34? If we don't use 34 it can be used as a sweetener in another trade or we can trade it on draft night for a future pick. The guarantee not to bid on Ashcroft at 1 is the reason why they should accept an even points trade.
Thinking about it the Lions are desperate as most of the other clubs have picks before them. The later Ashcroft gets picked it's better for them as it's less points they need with a 20% discount if a club should select him. They're being greedy bc they want Marshal as well and trying to get him with a handful of peanuts.

Calm down peeps, we will do the other deals 1st. We should still have enough picks to make a call on what we do with Brisbane, but if those later picks aren't needed for sweeteners, its a no brainer that we will trade them to Brisbane BUT there is no way we will be paying a 1000+ point premium as has been suggested in the media, its never been done before and we aren't that stupid.

For Brisbane, even allowing for trading Robertson and Prior as examples, they won't have enough points, I simply can't see a way they do it without trading their future 1st.

I could see us packaging up our later picks, along with either our F3rd or a later F2nd (not ours) and get their 1st this year and next year. I can't see how they do it without trading their 1st into this year, but essentially at a points premium to its value in the 2025 draft.
Perfect post as they're out of points and need to start looking at coughing up future picks. No way should we be bowing down to them as we have all the aces up our sleeves. Great time to be a Tiger supporter from October 24 after the year from hell .

I doubt Essendon week get rid if their 1st pick, more likely to try to move up a couple of spots.

But the conversation we could have with them is about a couple of trades if a bid fits come before their 1st.
Something like their pick 9 for some later picks that give them the points they need. Then once they have Kako, we trade them out next pick for their F1. I would guess e wood need to give them a little more, but essentially we trade out later picks plus a pick between 10-14, and get back pick 9 and Essendon F1.
While the Bombers get Kako and pick 10-14 for pick 9 and their F1.
Win/win I reckon. If a bid doesn't come for Kako we trade the later picks for F2s or upgrades for our current picks.
I’ve heard from a Essendon mate that they have offered us their pick 9 and Hobbs for the suns pick 6 on the assumption we get it and one of our later picks.

I am not advocating it, just passing on what I was told.

I suspect it was it could be speculation rather than fact

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve heard from a Essendon mate that they have offered us their pick 9 and Hobbs for the suns pick 6 on the assumption we get it and one of our later picks.

I'd rather Tsatas than Hobbs.

But would also just get him next year when he's out of contract too.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

They are worried we will put a bid on for Kako.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Perfect post as they're out of points and need to start looking at coughing up future picks. No way should we be bowing down to them as we have all the aces up our sleeves. Great time to be a Tiger supporter from October 24 after the year from hell .
I find your confidence comforting I hope you're a smart man

• Love
  • Haha

no thanks

A little birdy has told me one name is holding things up through no fault of his own…

That name is Bo Allan….

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users