Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

The mantra we've been soft previously is a tired trope. All previous trades have been players wanting to leave due to limited opportunities and out of contract. We've never had the whip hand.
Now we do. Really easy to be strong when you have nothing to lose.

Reactions: 6 users
Geez lots are overreacting to the early trade posturing. Talk about panic sheesh.

No, you don’t take your merch off the table just because the buyer is strutting like a peacock at your asking price.

You sit back and you wait. You calmly remind the buyer that the merch is already accounted for with the owner who is quite happy to keep it if need be.

You identify whether the buyer is inherently desperate and / or stupid. In negotiation these are usually one and the same.

Gold Coast is desperate for relevance in this competition. Just like Fremantle. The perfect buyers. Moreover, their head coach is a bull. He wants the merchandise. That imperative trickles down.

Desperation confirmed. Now we wait for GC to up the ante. We don’t expect to acquire 6 and 13. That is just the starting position. It tells GC we are not going to accept 6 in isolation. It tells them the deal will probably land on 6 and an early 20s.

This will happen at the end of the week / early next week. The wait is just for show. To demonstrate strength. For members, for media. Image. Prestige. Decorum. All relatively meaningless.

Most deals can be charted, and understood, from the respective opening positions.

Reactions: 19 users
Brisvegas currently have a total of just under 1100 draft points in the bank without going into thinking about touching next years points, which will still be insufficient.
If we bid Ashcroft at pick 1 they need 2400 points to match the bid. If someone bids Marshall at pick 20 they'll need another 700 points to match that.

So Brisvegas will need to find an additional 2000 draft points on top of keeping their current pick 20 to get both of the players they want, if they somehow use their current pick 20 in a pick swap they'll need to find 3100 points to match bids.

They are so deep in *smile* for trying to get enough points for Ashcroft and Marshall it's leg wettin hilarious. Extremely poor managing by Brisvegas n someones arse needs to be ripped for incompetence.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Cal Twomey now reporting the bombers are getting itchy feet re: a team bidding on Kako before their first pick. I'd forget pick 20 from the Lions and eye of this essendon pick 9... and then bid on Ashcroft at one.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Cal Twomey now reporting the bombers are getting itchy feet re: a team bidding on Kako before their first pick. I'd forget pick 20 from the Lions and eye of this essendon pick 9... and then bid on Ashcroft at one.
Might be worth a sniff, gotta remember that their newbie list boss is Dodo trained so might be a little over entitled in his dealing processes.

Tom Morris just said we have asked for Picks 6 & 13 for Rioli. Gold Coast have said no.
There was rumours since Rioli was caught by the tv crew at the airport that he was leaving for 2 first rounders. Either word got out or we started the rumour

Brisvegas currently have a total of just under 1100 draft points in the bank without going into thinking about touching next years points, which will still be insufficient.
If we bid Ashcroft at pick 1 they need 2400 points to match the bid. If someone bids Marshall at pick 20 they'll need another 700 points to match that.

So Brisvegas will need to find an additional 2000 draft points on top of keeping their current pick 20 to get both of the players they want, if they somehow use their current pick 20 in a pick swap they'll need to find 3100 points to match bids.

They are so deep in *smile* for trying to get enough points for Ashcroft and Marshall it's leg wettin hilarious. Extremely poor managing by Brisvegas n someones arse needs to be ripped for incompetence.
I know right. So smiling funny. Brions should've just stayed in the dumps like they were in May, instead of getting all fancy and winning and ended up with pick 18. Jokes on them

• Haha
Geez lots are overreacting to the early trade posturing. Talk about panic sheesh.

No, you don’t take your merch off the table just because the buyer is strutting like a peacock at your asking price.

You sit back and you wait. You calmly remind the buyer that the merch is already accounted for with the owner who is quite happy to keep it if need be.

You identify whether the buyer is inherently desperate and / or stupid. In negotiation these are usually one and the same.

Gold Coast is desperate for relevance in this competition. Just like Fremantle. The perfect buyers. Moreover, their head coach is a bull. He wants the merchandise. That imperative trickles down.

Desperation confirmed. Now we wait for GC to up the ante. We don’t expect to acquire 6 and 13. That is just the starting position. It tells GC we are not going to accept 6 in isolation. It tells them the deal will probably land on 6 and an early 20s.

This will happen at the end of the week / early next week. The wait is just for show. To demonstrate strength. For members, for media. Image. Prestige. Decorum. All relatively meaningless.

Most deals can be charted, and understood, from the respective opening positions.
The more I think about it, the more I am pretty sure the list managers don’t even talk to each other for the first few days of trade thinking they can gain an advantage in negotiations by not speaking first.

Players and managers know who wants to go where and clubs know who they have to deal with. So instead of talking to each other they just start dropping hints of what their offers might be to the media, and if that doesn’t work, start dropping hints that they’re going to trade out picks that could be involved in the deal.

That’s what I think Freo are doing anyway, they know 11 and 18 aren’t good enough, 11 and 18 could end up as bad as 14 and 21 after bids come into play. So we just wait them out and when they crack and come knocking on Blair’s door with 11 and 18 we just point that out to them and should come away with 11 and 12. GC seem a bit more upfront, they’ve at least put pick 6 in play early, and have made it clear they’re doing other things with 13, but we’ve laid the ground work on hopefully getting another pick in the 20s

Reactions: 1 user
Problem is, Essendon will get a future 1st in return - not something we will be entertaining.

Looks like a few clubs didnt do their planning on this draft. We aint one of them.

Reactions: 7 users
We will most likely be headed for a second number 1 pick next year. Would'nt be trading our future 1st or 2nd
Our 2nd should be up for grabs for the right deal.
Dont think there will be many options uho, most clubs not getting out.
And no point swapping with Lions f1 which might be next door to our f2 anyway.

Though I do think Smoking was also talking about future thirds

They are so deep in *smile* for trying to get enough points for Ashcroft and Marshall it's leg wettin hilarious. Extremely poor managing by Brisvegas n someone’s arse needs to be ripped for incompetence.
I agree with all that. But and a big but. It all depends who they can trade out.
Supposedly Devon Robertson. Not sure of his value. Any other fringies worth a few points?
They’ve got some work ahead of themselves

I agree with all that. But and a big but. It all depends who they can trade out.
Supposedly Devon Robertson. Not sure of his value. Any other fringies worth a few points?
They’ve got some work ahead of themselves
I think Essendrugs are after Jaxon Prior, you'd think he and Robertson may get the job done?

Problem is, Essendon will get a future 1st in return - not something we will be entertaining.

I think more likely they will try and trade up a few spots ahead of the Saints who if they keep with 2 picks, I reckon 1 will be Kako.

How about when we get 6, maybe 9 and a F2 for Pick 6? Would we do that? I reckon we might. We drop 3 picks and gain an extra 2nd next year.

Accumulating points in the 2nd and 3rd round, will likely again pay dividends, allowing us to trade those later picks up into 1st rounders next year.

• Dislike