Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Just having a look at what points we might have to cough up for Brissy's 1st rounder, there is no other club with picks above pick 35 that would come close to what we can offer

the next closest to us are the Giants = 1026 points
RFC have = 1514

If Brissy's pick is worth 912 points, talk that we have to give up 1514 isn't right, we just have to offer slightly better than the giants, maybe giving them 1200 points and thus keeping one of our selections in the 40's.

Take it or leave it Brisvegas.
yeah - we should just give them the equivalent points or close to pick 20. The guarantee not to bid is more than enough. Picks 43, 45, 61, 70 is more than enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Peter Bell on Trade Radio. They believe they have offered a very fair trade for Bolton especially considering the strength of this years draft.
Bell is not a great negotiator. this years draft is not going to help Freo win a flag in the next 2 years.
Its Wednesday and Bell is already using the media to tell his message.
Bolton is a match winner and on Freo's oval he will be a superstar.
2 picks under 10 - this year or next.

Reactions: 5 users
Sharp as a tack from Ralphy
View attachment 24567
The other thing to consider is if we agree not to bid at 1 that already gives Brisbane 500 point saving. so we could give them the equivalent at points equal to pick 20 and then an assurance not to bid at 1.
Also if we were to get Pick #2 & #3 we could totally clean up by not bidding on any players at these picks saving up to 1000 points to each team.
For example we could trade Rioli for picks #6 & #13 and give Gold Coast some of our later picks so they can match a bid on Lombard from pick #4 onwards.

Reactions: 2 users
Bell is not a great negotiator. this years draft is not going to help Freo win a flag in the next 2 years.
Its Wednesday and Bell is already using the media to tell his message.
Bolton is a match winner and on Freo's oval he will be a superstar.
2 picks under 10 - this year or next.
Exactly. I have to laugh at both Freo and GC not ‘budging’ as they believe they have tabled fair offers. In other words, take it or leave it Tigers. Hilarious. You both approached our contracted stars to prize them out and now you want to talk tough. Best you just bend over fully lubed and cough up.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
It’s definitely a lot easier to talk about what you want in a negotiation than to do it.

Hypothetically if Dan has burnt bridges at Richmond then his internal value to us may be less. Certainly don’t want a hostage on your team. With that said you have to think in a football team that kind of stuff could generally sort itself out with time - coffees, pre season camps etc.

Wonder how the prince MRJ conversations have gone.

Don’t think he has burnt any bridges. He got up at the JDM night and spoke like a young man in love, who felt he had to move to Qld to be close to his gf.

Frankly it seemed a little coaxed to me.

Don’t think he will turn his nose up at what he will be paid should he remain at Punt road.

She is an influencer and DJ and her work and place of employment is just as important to her as it is to him.
Melbourne could just as easily become her turf as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Also based on this year's Free Agency compensation if Rioli and Bolton were traded as Free agents we would get pick #2 Band 1 compensation
Based on this alone as a metric both Freo & GC need to lift their offers massively as both are on long term contracts.

Reactions: 3 users
Peter Bell on Trade Radio. They believe they have offered a very fair trade for Bolton especially considering the strength of this years draft.

if the draft is so strong then pick 18 shouldn't be too dissimilar in value to pick 11 right Belly?

Reactions: 5 users
Blair said something very interesting in that little grab on Monday. He was filthy. I guessed about Yesterday's Man Cameron aggressively punting pick #13.

Asked about whether RFC would bid on FS/Academy players Blair said we would bid on players based on whether they were best for RFC or somesuch. Bid on them according to merit. Nothing controversial. Or even substantive. It was enough of a non statement and enough.

But he went on with it. He followed up with "That's how the system is supposed to work." Or similar.

I'm reading this that we're bidding. (Congruent with my view that Blair is a square. Not a pragmatist. Likey.)

Now. Let's try that on. What if GCS is asking for us to not bid on Lombard and we've said GF? Blair is a straight. He won't like that. Maybe YM Cameron agrees to put say #13 back on the table provided we don't bid.

Blair would be filthy. High handed and aggressive stuff by YM Cameron? We've seen the aggressive already with the #13 play.

I'm now pretty much certain that we will bid and are not doing business on that. Once I stew on that I reckon I will give it a 100% truth value tomorrow. We are bidding. Can't be bought. Looks very like that.

BTW we're doing this because we are honourable. Principled. Not corrupt.

Bidmond is big and bad. And it's back.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Don’t think he has burnt any bridges. He got up at the JDM night and spoke like a young man in love, who felt he had to move to Qld to be close to his gf.

Frankly it seemed a little coaxed to me.

Don’t think he will turn his nose up at what he will be paid should he remain at Punt road.

She is an influencer and DJ and her work and place of employment is just as important to her as it is to him.
Melbourne could just as easily become her turf as well.
She has certainly influenced Dan

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
They're a couple. Even though he's ultimately personally responsible for his own decision, it's probably at least partly true. Happy wife, happy life & all that.
It's a coping mechanism our supporters are using. I'd be surprised if you thought Rioli wouldn't be going to GC even if he was single. Unnecessary to put any blame on her at all.

Just having a look at what points we might have to cough up for Brissy's 1st rounder, there is no other club with picks above pick 35 that would come close to what we can offer

the next closest to us are the Giants = 1026 points
RFC have = 1514

If Brissy's pick is worth 912 points, talk that we have to give up 1514 isn't right, we just have to offer slightly better than the giants, maybe giving them 1200 points and thus keeping one of our selections in the 40's.

Take it or leave it Brisvegas.
If they can’t get the points any another way - the simple play is to say we are going to bid on him at 1 and here are the picks for you to match for your first rounder. Problem and solution in one package.

I guess a guarantee we don’t bid and keeping a few more points for ourselves is better. The top one is the fall back to that.

Kind of makes no difference to lions - they would need to trust us completely for the second option.

Imagine we got the lower amount of picks then traded out 1 for some other low numbers. If I was lions I’d be waiting until later or a promise of a first born.

If they can’t get the points any another way - the simple play is to say we are going to bid on him at 1 and here are the picks for you to match for your first rounder. Problem and solution in one package.
the deal will get done.

fox footy is saying this deal for BRISBANE'S 20 PICK. i think we would be getting shafted.

POTENTIAL PICK SWAP
Richmond receive: Pick 20

Brisbane receive: Picks 32, 42, 43, 45, 51

We would be shafted over 1050 points which is equivalent to pick 16-17 and close to 16. If that deal gets done i would be peeved.
Am i seeing this right or have i missed something?

I guess a guarantee we don’t bid and keeping a few more points for ourselves is better. The top one is the fall back to that.

Kind of makes no difference to lions - they would need to trust us completely for the second option.

Imagine we got the lower amount of picks then traded out 1 for some other low numbers. If I was lions I’d be waiting until later or a promise of a first born.
you beat me to it.

fox footy is saying this deal for BRISBANE'S 20 PICK. i think we would be getting shafted.

POTENTIAL PICK SWAP
Richmond receive: Pick 20

Brisbane receive: Picks 32, 42, 43, 45, 51

We would be shafted over 1050 points which is equivalent to pick 16-17 and close to 16. If that deal gets done i would be peeved.
Am i seeing this right or have i missed something?
Unless Bris throw in their F1, why we do that?