Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

The beauty with picks 23 and 24 is that after we've selected 6 players in the first round there'll be players still available at these picks that other clubs have in their top 10 who will offer us future picks to slide down the order.
This is it right here, IMO we hold the current picks, on draft night the more picks we use the better offers we'll get for the 20's picks.

Reactions: 4 users
To be precise, i think they can trade draft picks until the 8th of November, then they have a sabbatical and trading commences again during the actual draft.
Thanks Caesar. I knew I the AFL would not have made it as straightforward as I posted. Thanks for the clarification

Reactions: 2 users
So Norfs have traded pick 25 for Daniel and 44 for Parker + Konstanty. That leaves them with picks 2 and 62. They will want to get back in - supposedly keen to use their future first - as well as split pick 2. They want three decent picks at the draft. We could help them with that.

I might have been wrong to think Melbourne were after pick 2. Certainly now with 5 & 9 their only picks until the dregs and Norf with nothing to give back with 2.

So, we're the frontrunners. And maybe Norfs have just traded themselves out of getting say 6 & 10 from us. Let someone else trade for their F1 - we'll have those coming out of our ears anyway. We'll take pick 2 and give them two good picks. I still think 6 needs to be involved or they'll try to sell to St Kilda or GWS. But maybe it's 6 & 20 now. That'd be pretty sweet business for us.

Isn't pick 6 cursed anyway?

If we have no intention of taking 8 players in the draft then we must be planning to trade up.

1 and 2 would be sweet. We could take Lalor at 1 and then deny Carlton the opportunity to get FOS who they clearly traded up to get (don't quote me on these suggestions for 1 and 2, just the impression I get, don't watch enough junior footy to really know). I suspect Carlton are nervous about that prospect.

DS

So, I'd say a trade period where we made history in terms of a first round draft pick haul for a non-expansion club could indeed be called reasonable or naybe even slightly better than reasonable.

Loving the the darksider arse-covering going on right now. Don't ever change you guys, hilarious stuff.

Well played Blair Hartley.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Isn't pick 6 cursed anyway?

If we have no intention of taking 8 players in the draft then we must be planning to trade up.

No.

We could (and should) be using the latter two picks to trade into first rounders (probably plus some) in 25'.

We can utilise this as a two year launch.

Patience grasshoppers.

Reactions: 1 users
The salary cap is now really interesting.

How much have we shaved off our wages bill by losing Martin, Grimes, Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham? Maybe $4.5-$5 million?

We are incredibly well set up for a dip at some free agents moving forward.
Harley Reid

No.

We could (and should) be using the latter two picks to trade into first rounders (probably plus some) in 25'.

We can utilise this as a two year launch.

Patience grasshoppers.

Indeed, we have the choice to trade up this year or trade for more next year.

Good position to be in.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Quite, Redders. I hope you're right. Then I can put side my endless search for the fly ion the ointment. If Norfs trade we get more info on the board. Armstrong at #9? On the cards anyway. If Thurstfield Howell III trades down he knows Taylor won't be drafting the future Mrs Howell at #5.
Armstrong is a person of interest Mr D.
Possibly the only one.

Folks who know rate him. I dont as i dont like his contested marking. But what do i know? Nothing. Thanks but it was rhetorical.
Reports and reporters with inside stories say he is the best. So lets believe them.

Who takes him?
(I need to keep it simple to start with so no change to draft picks yet)

Not I says Richmond at 1 and 6
Not I says North holding chocolates.and flowers and a card with a big T
Not I says Carlton with the 2 best full forwards and no success
Should I says the Crow, unlikely but what do they know
And Melbn says I do.

But wait there might be a medicated fly.
Can the Dees score at 9?
Do the saints care?
With a double hit they can bring home a mid and a tall. Smalls? JoeBerry is safe, Rossco has kicked Gresham to the curb and doesnt need more. But Battle is gone and King has no queen / forward partner. Do they take Armstrong?
Thats what we need to find out...

If the saints want Armstrong then tie dees must jump at 5.
Plus north take Tauru.
That leaves a mid to slide to us at 6.
No need to trade into 2.

But if saints are cold, then Dees take the mid at 5.
And we get crumpets.

Armstrong, of interest.

On North.
2 into 6 and 20.
Selfct Tauru and Trainor.
They would be extremely happy
100%

We must trade upto take the 2 best mids in this draft FOS / Lalor imo

#6 will be compulsory for north to accept a trade and will be unconditional on there part
But we should not give more than pick #18 along with that (preferably #20)

Reactions: 6 users
Regardless what happens with the kids that have gone.
Blair had got ultimate return on all 3.
The media can bag the club on how cheaply we lost them and I've always said if you don't want to wear the jumper see ya later.
I love Bolton love Graham love Baker but I'm really sad losing Rioli, because he alongside Bulter and Castagna turn us into this tackling Hugh pressure football team, that turned us into this powerhouse for 5 yrs.
Thank you to all. But we move on.

Reactions: 14 users