Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Lovely article summarising our trade period.

Just thinking about the idea of us trading pick one.
Would only be two options.
St Kilda for 7 and 8 = 3195 We could still get Smillie and Draper but lose FOS
Melbourne for 5 and 9 = 3347 We could get Reid and Armstrong
Would actually prefer St Kilda tho less points we would get in early and stop them from getting Armstrong who they would be mad not to take early.
In this supposedly even draft the more picks early may be the way to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop throwing yourself under the bus Willo my man...
I throw myself under buses like a ninja mate. Just facts and the truth. A couple enquired where some posters have gone. They can’t even point them out to criticise.
Just the usual “where are they all”. Soft. ;)
There was plenty of others more upset than you...sometimes it's best to keep that powder dry till the end of anything (except game of thrones) to save a bit of egg on face.
That’s ok. But it’s been done to death. If they want to bring it up again to criticise the poster it’s aimed at..or just want to stir the pot…
I don’t need to keep any powder dry mate. Ive got a *smile* bazooka ;)
BUT...at least you have outed yourself early and can move on...bloody emotional game this football sometimes ;)
“Outed myself” by being honest and upfront. Yes from personal experience that doesn’t go over too well in the hive minds.
But none of them intimidate me. So I’ll continue to express my opinion freely.
(As long I abide by site rules of course, and others do as well)
Would be boring if we all agreed on everything.
Certainly. Some like to hide in the crowd and never voice an independent thought. Being frightened they’ll attract some criticism. Just tick and flick.:giggle: But that’s on them .

But anyway I’ve acknowledged Blair did a reasonable job. Not over the top great or fantastic. But reasonable.
Overpaid on the first trade. Did well on the Baker trade. Average on the Bolton trade. Reasonably well on the a Rioli trade.
Good trading of Soldo and planning last year set us up wih( some decent assets to use this year. Still some way to go with some possible live trades. Then draft night.
But I’d rate Blair maybe an A- so far. With still some plays in hand. He might go up/down depending on that.
That’s my opinion. Others have theirs and good luck to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I think we do hold the whip hand with north. 6 and 23 for 2. Strong chance they get Taru at 6 and 23 they could get a good player or split that pick up further

I would probably prefer to keep 6 and 23 on balance and grab a tall with that pick.

Can we split it?
1a and 1b
pajamas scales GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Yeah Id have to agree it was a reasonable trade period.

At the start I wanted 1, 3, 6, 10, 23 and a couple of late picks.
With those we could possibly get O'Sullivan, Smith, Lalor, Armstrong, Whitlock and maybe El Noor and Davidson with the lates

We ended up with 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24
Which is about the same, except we lose out on the second mid at 3 but gain the extra couple of mids teens and early 20s
We could get O'Sullivan, Lalor, Armstrong, Travaglia, Shanahan, Whitlock, Faull and Dodson or Whitlock, hoping The two VFL boys fall to either Rookie or PSD.

That's a pretty good haul and probably better than I expected.
We lose the second high pick midfielder but add a lot in the mediums and talls.

The more I look at that list of possibles the more I think we should just go with that and ignore trading too much to get pick 2.
Giving up Travaglia, Shanahan, Faull for Smith is not worthwhile IMO.
It wasn’t rocket Science as our three major players or gold nuggets were pigeon holed to
Rioli Suns
Shai. Freo
Baker was either Freo or Weagles.

Carlton and the Weagles was the trade that threw you out. They stole our three.

The pre trade threads and FA were hilarious what people were expecting as it was a classic example of overrating our own. Graham for 22 some were saying. 😂
Three firsts for Shai and 6 and 13 for Rioli.
Then when the dealing was done they were saying Blair was a genius yet he achieved under their expectations.
In the end it’s over now and we went slightly under what I expected, but it’s now what we select the real results.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I reckon we might see a trade on draft night. For instance Essendon may look to get back into the draft after Kako is picked.
Would we trade say pick 23 for Melbourne’s F1 that Essendon now have ?
It would be tempting because it will probably be a top 10 pick
That sort of thing

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah Id have to agree it was a reasonable trade period.

At the start I wanted 1, 3, 6, 10, 23 and a couple of late picks.
With those we could possibly get O'Sullivan, Smith, Lalor, Armstrong, Whitlock and maybe El Noor and Davidson with the lates

We ended up with 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24
Which is about the same, except we lose out on the second mid at 3 but gain the extra couple of mids teens and early 20s
We could get O'Sullivan, Lalor, Armstrong, Travaglia, Shanahan, Whitlock, Faull and Dodson or Whitlock, hoping The two VFL boys fall to either Rookie or PSD.

That's a pretty good haul and probably better than I expected.
We lose the second high pick midfielder but add a lot in the mediums and talls.

The more I look at that list of possibles the more I think we should just go with that and ignore trading too much to get pick 2.
Giving up Travaglia, Shanahan, Faull for Smith is not worthwhile IMO.
Absolutely agree. Seems we may be seeking to follow the GC model of a few years back, trying to keep friends and former teammates together by drafting at 1 and 2. Not saying the same quality isn't available on this occasion, just that the available depth is much much greater.

The beauty with picks 23 and 24 is that after we've selected 6 players in the first round there'll be players still available at these picks that other clubs have in their top 10 who will offer us future picks to slide down the order.

Reactions: 7 users