Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

If the saints want Armstrong then tie dees must jump at 5.
Plus north take Tauru.
That leaves a mid to slide to us at 6.
No need to trade into 2.

But if saints are cold, then Dees take the mid at 5.
And we get crumpets.

Armstrong, of interest.
Dees will go for a mid for sure imo. Armstrong at 5 is an over-reach. Some have Armstrong going up to late teens behind Shannahan.

North is interesting. Their next pick after 2 is 62. Will they chase multiple picks or just go best mid?

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 2 users
I find ratings systems after trade period every year a bit of a joke.
Have always said they should do these in a few years rather than now.
As ever only time will tell on the decisions made today.

Reactions: 9 users
Little doubt will be trading into next years draft , I just hope we don’t give up to much this year , any trade would have to be of huge advantage to us with most likely a top 10 in next years coming back .

Are FOS and Lalor that far in front that is worth giving up 2 first rounders for 1 ? Maybe Smith is one of the two .

Be creative Blair but don’t waste the blessed hand we have been dealt

Reactions: 8 users
I throw myself under buses like a ninja mate. Just facts and the truth. A couple enquired where some posters have gone. They can’t even point them out to criticise.
Just the usual “where are they all”. Soft. ;)

That’s ok. But it’s been done to death. If they want to bring it up again to criticise the poster it’s aimed at..or just want to stir the pot…
I don’t need to keep any powder dry mate. Ive got a *smile* bazooka ;)

“Outed myself” by being honest and upfront. Yes from personal experience that doesn’t go over too well in the hive minds.
But none of them intimidate me. So I’ll continue to express my opinion freely.
(As long I abide by site rules of course, and others do as well)

Certainly. Some like to hide in the crowd and never voice an independent thought. Being frightened they’ll attract some criticism. Just tick and flick.:giggle: But that’s on them .

But anyway I’ve acknowledged Blair did a reasonable job. Not over the top great or fantastic. But reasonable.
Overpaid on the first trade. Did well on the Baker trade. Average on the Bolton trade. Reasonably well on the a Rioli trade.
Good trading of Soldo and planning last year set us up wih( some decent assets to use this year. Still some way to go with some possible live trades. Then draft night.
But I’d rate Blair maybe an A- so far. With still some plays in hand. He might go up/down depending on that.
That’s my opinion. Others have theirs and good luck to them.
At the end of the day,we are all Richmond football club lovers and only want the best for them as the joy it gives us is un measurable, 😀.

Little doubt will be trading into next years draft , I just hope we don’t give up to much this year , any trade would have to be of huge advantage to us with most likely a top 10 in next years coming back .

Are FOS and Lalor that far in front that is worth giving up 2 first rounders for 1 ? Maybe Smith is one of the two .

Be creative Blair but don’t waste the blessed hand we have been dealt
Depends on if we trade into 2 or not and if we do, what we give up for it.

B- from The Age and 8.5 from the HS. Somewhere around those seems about right.

We got a c+ from the Age, and were ranked 11th in the trade period. That's utter *smile*.

1000025839.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
We got a c+ from the Age, and were ranked 11th in the trade period. That's utter *smile*.

View attachment 24697
Last night, Morris was thanking the guys that put the show together (The Furnace) and his last sentence. Was something like this"Thank you Juddy for all your graphics, the very best in the business but she is Richmond supporter'

The hate is real they didn't want us getting high retuej on the blokes that left.
3 days ago Rioli was just a half back flanker today he is a star.
3 days ago Bolton checked out, do u trust Bolton?
Today he is a absolute star.

Reactions: 8 users
Strange. B- here General Motors you V8 hulking Chevy you. Different writers maybe ?
Peter Ryan and Mark McGowan?
Very very strange.

I'm using a 12ft ladder to read mine, I'm not paying $$$ to nine Fairfax. (I don't pay for Herald-scum either.

12ft use a cached version to display. Maybe they'd (The Age) screwed up an earlier version. We're still listed a very long way back.
Worse than Carlton, Geelong, GC, Hawthorn, Nth Melbourne, Freo, Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood and Essendon.

Edited to fix some grammar!

Last edited:
I think the value received for our players was outstanding. Very happy with the club's performance. Happy to give it an A+

It is on the back of our list being in very poor shape, with a lack of quality in our younger kids. Partly the result of the dynasty we had, but not helped by what was given up for Taranto and Hopper.

Because of the above, it is critical we rebuild to access the high-end talent. It was a ballsy move to basically blow up the list. But as Blair explained each had there own valid reasons for leaving, and I do genuinely think we have enough mature players to provide some protection and leadership. If I compare with WCE's approach to their rebuild, longer term we are miles in front.

I'm very confident we will get pick 1 again next year!

Reactions: 5 users
Peter Ryan and Mark McGowan?
Very very strange.

I'm using a 12ft ladder to read mine, I'm not paying $$$ to nine Fairfax. (I don't pay for Herald-scum either.

12ft use a cached version to display. Maybe they'd screwed up an earlier version. Were still listed a very long way back.
Worse than Carlton, Geelong, GC, Hawthorn, Nth Melbourne, Freo, Adelaide, Brisbane, Collingwood and Essendon.
Yes. But in better news General Grant, Geelong were ranked an A.

Gee they're good. At everything :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I find ratings systems after trade period every year a bit of a joke.
Have always said they should do these in a few years rather than now.
As ever only time will tell on the decisions made today.
And its skewed depending on how many trades / picks a team has.
Its meaningless rubbish

Reactions: 3 users
100%

We must trade upto take the 2 best mids in this draft FOS / Lalor imo

#6 will be compulsory for north to accept a trade and will be unconditional on there part
But we should not give more than pick #18 along with that (preferably #20)
I'm still uncertain on trading up. I'm 90% convinced.
But can we get 2 of Lalor FOS Draper Jagga and keep 20?

Dees will go for a mid for sure imo. Armstrong at 5 is an over-reach. Some have Armstrong going up to late teens behind Shannahan.

North is interesting. Their next pick after 2 is 62. Will they chase multiple picks or just go best mid?
In my eyes he's a reach. But may be gone at 9.
Dees got a second pick for a reason. The reports were Armstrong (could be an echo chamber but they need to go tall imo)

If its a tall at 5 then our 6 is good value. Otherwise we should trade up

We get an unprecedented draft haul outside of expansion teams - in the deepest draft in years - at the perfect time before Tasmania comes in - right when we need to rebuild - getting over the odds for all players traded.

Media idiots rating.... C-

Blind freddy can see its an A+.

A brilliant job by the club to be bold enough to do what they had to do - because no club has ever done this before.

Well done Blair and team - particularly with the terrible circumstances they were going through with Chris Toce passing.

Love this club.

Reactions: 9 users
And its skewed depending on how many trades / picks a team has.
Its meaningless rubbish
Not really. Geelong only made 1 trade, only have 4 meaningless back end picks, and got an A !

Maybe proof that it is rubbish, but it's just opinions like we read and hear about 100 times a day on all matters via the media. Were WCE a winner or loser ? The Dogs ?

I don't mind some sort of evaluation v none at all - even if you don't agree with them.

Reactions: 1 users