Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

On the flipside though, I reckon Fawcett will play a bit of senior footy next year as support for Lynch. The thing with keys is they need to work on strength and he was forced to do that with the other injuries he had, so physically he's probably ready to go.

You are right that not all the draftees will be ready to go, and those that are, probably won't play every game, its just not really possible for them physically to do it, but we have others on our list too that I think will get plenty more game time next year.

Kaleb Smith - Rioli's trade opens up a running back spot for him
McAuliife - Reckon he gets a lot more time in the midfield next year
Fawcett - As mentioned above
Steely Green - I'll admit I wasn't on the Green bus for a while, but he looked great in the seniors at the end of the year
Continued growth in Brown, Campbell, Banks, Rioli, hopefully Gibbo and Clarke are back

I'm excited to see growth of these other players too, that are less than 50 games currently and seeing how many of those, along with the new draftees can step up
I am not sure who the players will be but I reckon there will be some who take significant steps in 2025.

If we do trade into pick 2, who do people have in that 2 ? Bloody hard to pick.

Seems the field is being narrowed to just FOS, Jags and Lalor, but geez even that's hard to split. And that's without maybe 1 or 2 others still having some claims.

Pick 1 and 2. What's people's combo ?
Epping at 1
FOS at 2

Reactions: 1 user
The rating is based on whether our list is better than before the trading period. Yes we have lots of early picks, but we also lost two very good contracted players. It would be difficult to rate our trade period higher than a B
Funny but people only see w(at they want to.
To them it doesn't matter whether the list was better prior to the draft or not. As long as we get some draft picks.
They’re like little Dodoro’s :giggle: As long as we got more or better picks. Don’t worry that 3 of our better players went out. They mustn’t count. We must have got picks for nought. ;)
Instead they should look at the net gain vs the nett loss.
As said earlier in this thread. Rioli was a win, Baker a win, Bolton we got unders by a fair margin, Graham, well..that’s the afl.
Some decent picks for latter round decent and some junk picks.

Our draft hand may still improve with live pick trading up to and including draft night. Hopefully our picks are successful. Lord knows we need this and next years to be fruitful.

Reactions: 1 user
Forgetting Lalors injury concerns , I’m Lalor and Fos , Smith if Lalors body doesn’t check out , think they are the clear 3.

Looking a bit more at Lalor think he’s a better version of Raynor, not as much Dusty , looks like the best on talent to me now .

Need that medical test to ease our worried minds

I think we probably end up a bit better than that. The 1st pick in the 2nd round could get a number of bids, maybe Port, Freo, Saints, Hawks etc like someone that has slid, they may offer us a 2nd to drop a few spots back in the draft. We will get offers for that pick, its whether taking a single late 1st / early 2nd, is better than maybe slipping back a few times and taking the 2nds and 3rds we are offered. Whilst points aren't as valuable next year, with so many academy players next year, there will certainly be trading of late picks back into the 1st round which we could be all over again.

Remember last year, we got Freos 3rd for sliding back 2 spots in the late 2nd round, and the same from West Coast for sliding back 3 spots.

Don't reckon we'd be dropping from 20 to 38 for a single 2nd or 3rd pick.
Very speculative until you bless us with your order of preference.

Very speculative until you bless us with your order of preference.

I'm not even talking about my preference. Why are you bringing that up? I'm commenting on the value that we will likely to get by trading with others which I think will be better than what No4 said based on how trades like that have happened before, like last year and previous years.

Its not speculative or related to my order of preference, its commenting on history of the draft.

You do come up with some ridiculous things to try and start an argument with me over, probably just because I've disagreed with some things you've said in the past. Let it go.

I'm not even talking about my preference. Why are you bringing that up? I'm commenting on the value that we will likely to get by trading with others which I think will be better than what No4 said based on how trades like that have happened before, like last year and previous years.

Its not speculative or related to my order of preference, its commenting on history of the draft.

You do come up with some ridiculous things to try and start an argument with me over, probably just because I've disagreed with some things you've said in the past. Let it go.
Settle, no one is baiting you. On club history and afl rules and protocols, you have few equals.
So I am interested in your point of view but it is hard to understand your advice without having some understanding of who you think will still be available at picks you want to trade.

Can't see Blair following such a course either.