Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

So Norfs have traded pick 25 for Daniel and 44 for Parker + Konstanty. That leaves them with picks 2 and 62. They will want to get back in - supposedly keen to use their future first - as well as split pick 2. They want three decent picks at the draft. We could help them with that.

I might have been wrong to think Melbourne were after pick 2. Certainly now with 5 & 9 their only picks until the dregs and Norf with nothing to give back with 2.

So, we're the frontrunners. And maybe Norfs have just traded themselves out of getting say 6 & 10 from us. Let someone else trade for their F1 - we'll have those coming out of our ears anyway. We'll take pick 2 and give them two good picks. I still think 6 needs to be involved or they'll try to sell to St Kilda or GWS. But maybe it's 6 & 20 now. That'd be pretty sweet business for us.
Yeah I told @Dyer'ere the other day I didn't think Melbourne were going any further with 5 and 9.

And we've always been the number 1 potential transactor with Norf - for weeks - and that has strengthened even more now.

Think we are a super strong chance to trade into pick 2.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Yeah I told @Dyer'ere the other day I didn't think Melbourne were going any further with 5 and 9.

And we've always been the number 1 potential transactor with Norf - for weeks - and that has strengthened even more now.

Think we are a super strong chance to trade into pick 2.
Quite, Redders. I hope you're right. Then I can put side my endless search for the fly ion the ointment. If Norfs trade we get more info on the board. Armstrong at #9? On the cards anyway. If Thurstfield Howell III trades down he knows Taylor won't be drafting the future Mrs Howell at #5.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I was going to ask where all the disgusted people are
Big difference between being disappointed in a trade or being disgusted.
But anyway,off you blokes go and enjoy your little snipe.
You and your mate must have just joined us. Scroll back a few dozen pages and catch up. Critics are still about. We reserve the right to judge each trade on its merits, rather than just being sycophantic supporters. :giggle:

The likes of which will always find something to have a whinge about instead of sitting back and enjoying a reasonable trade period. ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Just one more note on Thursfield. If he wants Tauru he can get him at #2. But get only Tauru. How little/much more than the pick that gets Tauru will we have to offer him to get #2?

Who else can play?

Best scenario draft ever.

Reactions: 5 users
For some reason the image of Blair on the field after our 2017 premiership win has always stuck with me.
He was just shaking his head in disbelief as if to say “ how the *smile* did that happen?” .
He wasn't the only one 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
My best guess would be…
1 - our first
6 - rioli
9 - bolton
10 - bolton
13 - baker
18 - Brisbane first
20 - rioli
21 - our second
29 - freo second from soldo trade

With that hand I’d be looking to trade 2 of 18,20,21 into future firsts next year leaving us with 1,6,9,10,13,21,29

Only other scenario I could imagine is doing the baker trade to WC with baker and 10 for 3 and 23 with a later pick going back to them.
So lets see how Danjam went>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He said 1,6,9,10,13,21,29

........ and we got:

1,6.10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24

How could he get it so wrong!!!!!!????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Luckily there was almost 120 pages of conjecture, debate, criticism, ridicule and vitriol in the meantime!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done DanJam :clap1

Well done RFC :clap1

We have lost some very good players - but eight selections in the Top 24 is the most transformative opportunity in recent RFC history (IMHO)..........

Get them right and we might get back into 'the window' sooner than we could have dreamed!!!

No more Ninthmond culture at RFC!!!! :clap2

Reactions: 4 users
I don't reckon they do 6 and 24. I think we likely need 2 1sts. What about 6 and 18 for 2 and Norths F2nd. That probably works for both clubs.
How about this. Swap 1 for 5 & 9. Then offer 6 and 18 to north for 2

We still get 2 of fos, Lalor Draper, smith, Armstrong. North get taru. We downgrade 18 to 9

• Dislike
The likes of which will always find something to have a whinge about instead of sitting back and enjoying a reasonable trade period. ;)
Yeah Id have to agree it was a reasonable trade period.

At the start I wanted 1, 3, 6, 10, 23 and a couple of late picks.
With those we could possibly get O'Sullivan, Smith, Lalor, Armstrong, Whitlock and maybe El Noor and Davidson with the lates

We ended up with 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24
Which is about the same, except we lose out on the second mid at 3 but gain the extra couple of mids teens and early 20s
We could get O'Sullivan, Lalor, Armstrong, Travaglia, Shanahan, Whitlock, Faull and Dodson or Whitlock, hoping The two VFL boys fall to either Rookie or PSD.

That's a pretty good haul and probably better than I expected.
We lose the second high pick midfielder but add a lot in the mediums and talls.

The more I look at that list of possibles the more I think we should just go with that and ignore trading too much to get pick 2.
Giving up Travaglia, Shanahan, Faull for Smith is not worthwhile IMO.

So lets see how Danjam went>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He said 1,6,9,10,13,21,29

........ and we got:

1,6.10, 11, 18, 20, 23 and 24

How could he get it so wrong!!!!!!????? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Luckily there was almost 120 pages of conjecture, debate, criticism, ridicule and vitriol in the meantime!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done DanJam :clap1

Well done RFC :clap1

We have lost some very good players - but eight selections in the Top 24 is the most transformative opportunity in recent RFC history (IMHO)..........

Get them right and we might get back into 'the window' sooner than we could have dreamed!!!

No more Ninthmond culture at RFC!!!! :clap2
Hahaha wasn’t far off in the end!

As per another couple posters, reckon 6&20 for 2 must be a decent chance. Trade 23 for a future first and we are left with 1,2,10,11,18,24 which would be very nice.

FOS
Jagga
Lindsay
Berry/Hotton
Whitlock
Faull

We have had 6-8 weeks of posting about this trade period on this site, not sure how how many pages but it would be 100s.

Can I just say to everyone who contributed to it that it has been awesome, I’ve loved it. Whether it be complaints or praise, doom or hope, logic or nonsense , calm or emotional it has all been fun.

And we have 8 picks in the first 24 in what is seen as one of the best drafts in a while.

Now for the next bit which is picking the players. I expect more of the same !

Go Tigers

Reactions: 27 users
You and your mate must have just joined us. Scroll back a few dozen pages and catch up. Critics are still about. We reserve the right to judge each trade on its merits, rather than just being sycophantic supporters. :giggle:

Stop throwing yourself under the bus Willo my man...

There was plenty of others more upset than you...sometimes it's best to keep that powder dry till the end of anything (except game of thrones) to save a bit of egg on face.

BUT...at least you have outed yourself early and can move on...bloody emotional game this football sometimes ;)

Would be boring if we all agreed on everything.

• Haha
I'm feeling a bit of an expansion but then again it could all deflate knowing that both the new clubs lost a lot of their draftees and never realised their full potential.
Bit of a difference with all those expansion kids going to plastic clubs with no history n no fans at Gee Whizz n Mould coast. 16 other clubs just lined up outside the front door waving shekels n inviting the kids to proper footy clubs. We might bounce along on our arses for a year or two, but there's a history, tradition n fan base to help us get through a couple of awkward years intact.

Stop throwing yourself under the bus Willo my man...

There was plenty of others more upset than you...sometimes it's best to keep that powder dry till the end of anything (except game of thrones) to save a bit of egg on face.

BUT...at least you have outed yourself early and can move on...bloody emotional game this football sometimes ;)

Would be boring if we all agreed on everything.
Willo is having withdrawal symptoms after they called for mercy on the USA election thread and binned it!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user