Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

The hurt and the hate is real people. It is not a biased supporter view. Those 3 flags have really cut deep. They don't want us having success. Our trade period was a A++. End of.

Reactions: 6 users
If we do trade into pick 2, who do people have in that 2 ? Bloody hard to pick.

Seems the field is being narrowed to just FOS, Jags and Lalor, but geez even that's hard to split. And that's without maybe 1 or 2 others still having some claims.

Pick 1 and 2. What's people's combo ?

As I said previously. Pick 2 is ours. It's just a matter of what we are giving up. I'd be happy with 6&18. We are not taking more than 6 picks in the ND. Will leave spots for PSD and start of pre season.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
First phone call should be to GWS. See if they want to do 6 and 20 for 15,16 and 21.

If they can pull that off, they could end up with both 2 and 4.

Regardless what happens with the kids that have gone.
Blair had got ultimate return on all 3.
The media can bag the club on how cheaply we lost them and I've always said if you don't want to wear the jumper see ya later.
I love Bolton love Graham love Baker but I'm really sad losing Rioli, because he alongside Bulter and Castagna turn us into this tackling Hugh pressure football team, that turned us into this powerhouse for 5 yrs.
Thank you to all. But we move on.
Spot on Zigs.

As I see it, this is our best chance of bouncing back for sustained success. One or maybe 2 picks in the top 20 this year just wouldn’t have cut it. As much as I loved these guys and they will ALWAYS be premiership heroes - cashing in on them now before Tassie compromises the drafts - was extremely astute club management. We will no doubt get pick 1 and a few other top picks next year - really does give us the best chance of getting a core group of elite talent through the doors.

Reactions: 1 users

Seems the field is being narrowed to just FOS, Jags and Lalor, but geez even that's hard to split. And that's without maybe 1 or 2 others still having some claims.

My eyes and ears tell me 1. FOS 2. Lalor

Reactions: 3 users
After watching several power drafts would not give up more than 10 and 18 for pick 2, North would still probably get the player they want and we would have the options jags FOL or Lalor, that being the only advantage. Given such an even draft we would not lose much by not changing at all.

1-Lalor
2-FOS

We get an unprecedented draft haul outside of expansion teams - in the deepest draft in years - at the perfect time before Tasmania comes in - right when we need to rebuild - getting over the odds for all players traded.

Media idiots rating.... C-

Blind freddy can see its an A+.

A brilliant job by the club to be bold enough to do what they had to do - because no club has ever done this before.

Well done Blair and team - particularly with the terrible circumstances they were going through with Chris Toce passing.

Love this club.
Exactly

We are set up to draft the pillars of the next flag and could begin our run as soon as 2027-8.

The trade period was nothing less than a masterclass.

I mentioned this in the Draft Thread.

I think our top 3 is Lalor, FOS and Langford.

Lalor at 1.

Toss of a coin on the other 2.

Reactions: 2 users
It's time to be objective.

The fact is that Rioli, Baker, Bolton and Graham are simply not capable of lifting our team. They have all been great back-up for champion players.

None leave us as consistent match-winning A graders.

We now need to find the Cotchin, Martin, Reiwoldt and Rance types who inspire teammates and make them great.

Spare any personal acrimony folks as it will have the effect of besmirching some of your greatest memories.

Reactions: 5 users
Pick one. Smoking Grasses.
I'm picking Lalor and FOS at 1 & 2.

They provide a point of difference to our current midfield, are classy, leaders and can have an impact up forward.

The questions the club needs to answer are, is Lalor's body durable and was the couple of injuries FOS had enough to result in him not having a standout year.

These 2 have the higher ceiling IMO.

First phone call should be to GWS. See if they want to do 6 and 20 for 15,16 and 21.

If we trade pick 6 to anyone but North, it's that club who'll get pick 2, not us.

Reactions: 2 users

I think I'm missing something here TOT. How does this benefit us and help us get pick 2?

If we don't trade up to Pick 2 defintenly going to be some sliders in the top 20 of the draft reckon there is a bargain or two we may grab

Reactions: 1 users