Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I wanna know why pick 23 (end of rd1 compo pick tied to N.M), falls after GWS's end of rd1 compo pick (pick 21) when NM finished below GWS. Pick 23 should be 22.

Reactions: 3 users
Easy. Next year's 1st. Why not? If there are so many potential Pick 1s in the draft this year why not just go for two picks 1s now. Trade back into the first round for next year with our later picks in the 20s
North will want to split pick 2 for two picks in this draft, that's why.

And there's no way we get it without pick 6 being involved, sorry @btoz_01

Reactions: 2 users
If we somehow get 2 without giving up 6 I think a statue of Blair should be built, preferably with part of the sculpture portraying Tiger-Pi55 groveling at his feet for forgiveness
It depends what he gives up for P2.
If his other trades are to go by, we’ll probably get fleeced again. ;)

Where we got unders for every one of out trades :giggle: according to the PRE pundits who predicted our haul.

Reactions: 1 user
The best part is Parrot and Karen are lined up to be on AFL trade radio from 5. Imagine the melt 🤣 🤣
You just know they will whinge and complain on how GC, WC and Freo folded.
Nothing positive about Blair doing a great job.

Reactions: 2 users
Flying Bombs Away GIF

We’re going to trade p1 for p7 and 8 :oops:

Yeah, I look at your current fisticuffs with others now and get it as part of the persona rather than a brutal assault on whoever. It was fun getting very wound up and scoring points at the time but I'm definitely older and maybe slightly wiser now.

It was a hard pill to swallow initially but now I can live with accepting that sometimes your takes are good and I need to restrain the kneejerk "must disagree with Carter ar all costs" reaction.

Keep up the good work mate.
Have you got Covid?
You’ve lost your sense of taste

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
No, Corne has acknowledged we have gone ballistic scooping up picks.

Only after saying we "should have done it 2 years ago". The sour little donkey can't give us any genuine credit.

There are so many reasons he's wrong about that IMO.

2 years ago we'd just lost an EF by a bee's d**k, still had the core of our premiership list in tact which was admittedly aging, but we were playing some very good footy at the tail end of the year. I firmly believe if we'd beaten Brisbane we were well in the frame for the flag in '22. It made total sense to supplement the list while we felt there was still another round in the chamber, even if it didn't work out that way in hindsight.

The players we've traded out now aren't core to any serious list, arguably at ATH value or near it, and had viable buyers who were able to satisfy both the player and the RFC with adequate trading assets. That is not an accident.

We've also clearly been targeting this particular draft from years out. Even if you know nothing about it the frenzy from other clubs to trade into it is enough evidence to show we're on to a good thing.

The timing of this clearout is absolutely perfect and IMO the result of a long term strategy from the likes of Blair.

Cornes and co. can't seem to fathom that this might actually be happening because of A-grade list management rather than dumb luck.

Reactions: 9 users
I'm feeling a bit of an expansion but then again it could all deflate knowing that both the new clubs lost a lot of their draftees and never realised their full potential.
True , but in the AFLs words atthe time, the granting of such generous concessions were to kick start trading with the established clubs