Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

10,11,18 Really were easy trades to do for two of our top players and most here even expected more. Blair probably broke even here although we lost a F3 which doesn't bother me as we needed Shai and Baker gone to start our rebuild before Tassie comes in and you never know players can lose currency as time progresses if they're in a losing team. It was a good deal, but not the work of a genius as people are suggesting. He basically got 3 FR for a gun and a gutsy tough footballer.
He's still behind on the pick 20 deal, but i'm happier as it's another low pick for us and the loss of 32 is a distance away now.
The Rioli trade if 6 and 23 he breaks a little under even overall in this years trade.
IF 6 AND a future First he wins the trade .

He's basically taken two gold rings to the gold broker and got market price atm . SEE what he can get with the third gold ring now.

Still think Hartley is over rated as there's nothing incredible in what he's done as i reckon the average Joe Blow on here could've cashed in on these three guys and probably not given up 32 and a F3. ;) :) I'M still excited as I wanted to start off fresh now with a group of kids cohering and growing together as it's the only real way for long term suiccess.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
10,11,18 Really were easy trades to do for two of our top players and most here even expected more. Blair probably broke even here although we lost a F3 which doesn't bother me as we needed Shai and Baker gone to start our rebuild before Tassie comes in and you never know players can lose currency as time progresses if they're in a losing team. It was a good deal, but not the work of a genius as people are suggesting. He basically got 3 FR for a gun and a gutay tough footballer.
He's still behind on the pick 20 deal, but i'm happier as it's another low pick for us and the loss of 32 is a distance away now.
The Rioli trade if 6 and 23 he breaks a little under even overall in this years trade.
IF 6 AND a future First he wins the trade .

He's basically taken two gold rings to the gold broker and got market price atm . SEE what he can get with the third gold ring now.

Still think Hartley is over rated as there's nothing incredible in what he's done as i reckon the average Joe Blow on here could've cashed in on these three guys and probably not given up 32 and a F3. ;) :) I'M still excited as I wanted to start off fresh now with a group of kids cohering and growing together as it's the only real way for long term suiccess.
You're pushing *smile* uphill old son.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Funny watching all these clubs and their staff sitting in rooms, bored, looking at Insta, family photos etc.

Only 4 hours to go.....

Reactions: 1 user
So we have 8 out of first 24 picks.
And we are done after pick 24?
Is that the earliest anyone has exited the draft after having already jagged (see what I did there?:))) 8 picks?

Well done to Blair and the crew.:clap2

Now the pain of getting smashed each week.
Oh wait, we did that already.
Only it's (sort of) ok, now, we are in official FULL rebuild mode.

Let's go Tiges!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Geez a lot of talent has left the building. Next year might be tough going.

Bolton: 25yo
Baker: 26yo
Rioli: 27yo

3 of our top 6 in our B&F this year.

From the top 10, there's only 2 players left under the age of 28:

Mansell & Miller.

We should enjoy this year's picks in context of it being the first of several good drafts for us.

Reactions: 4 users
So we have 8 out of first 24 picks.
And we are done after pick 24?
Is that the earliest anyone has exited the draft after having already jagged (see what I did there?:))) 8 picks?

Well done to Blair and the crew.:clap2

Now the pain of getting smashed each week.
Oh wait, we did that already.
Only it's (sort of) ok, now, we are in official FULL rebuild mode.

Let's go Tiges!
We may be done after night 1 - Pick 23 (or whatever the last pick in round 1 ends up being) . If we get 7 players that we want we might go for a F1 for pick 24! (or even two) A lot of clubs will be clamouring for that pic. Reckon we should keep 76 as well (has no points associated) and just in case there is something we like at the end of the draft!

You're pushing *smile* uphill old son.
cmon TS we lost two jets and a very good player for 10,11,18 and possibly 6 and 23. you're just looking at the picks mate and not the quality lost as we never know with picks . The thing is most on here at the start of the draft wanted more and now Blair has delivered less and they're happy. I Think he's gone slightly under even, but the Rioli deal is the clincher. I think he's down by pick 32 and a f3 overall in this draft as his player trades were easy deals to be done.

Reactions: 1 users
We may be done after night 1 - Pick 23 (or whatever the last pick in round 1 ends up being) . If we get 7 players that we want we might go for a F1 for pick 24! (or even two) A lot of clubs will be clamouring for that pic. Reckon we should keep 76 as well (has no points associated) and just in case there is something we like at the end of the draft!
Pick 76 is going to GC part of Rioli trade