Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I reckon the Draper-to-Carlton thing has legs.

I know they initially sought pick #2 but they happily did the deal for pick #3 because it was all they needed to get in front of the Crows.

#1: Lalor
#2: Tauru
#3: Draper
#4: Smith
#5: Armstrong
#6: O'Sullivan

Reactions: 2 users
I reckon the Draper-to-Carlton thing has legs.

I know they initially sought pick #2 but they happily did the deal for pick #3 because it was all they needed to get in front of the Crows.

#1: Lalor
#2: Tauru
#3: Draper
#4: Smith
#5: Armstrong
#6: O'Sullivan

Would be happy with that outcome. Tells us why we don't need to upgrade to 2 and give up 10 etc.

Even if FOS is gone by 6, Draper would still be a great addition for us. Speed and skill through the midfield would work for us too

Reactions: 4 users
I am cautious they have moved hard for pick 3 and saying they want FOS in the media. Is that to bluff us into taking FOS or bluffing us out taking FOS???
Securing pick 2 will ease my nerves on pick 1, I don't know who 1 should be.
1 will be Lalor. 2 will be FOS if we get it.

Reactions: 1 users
Is this ever going to happen? What's with the last minute brinkmanship?
It can be lodged with the afl at anytime, but the afl only start work at 2pm. They have to have their sleep in! Kane gets her hair done, a manicure a 3 hour lunch and a couple of bottles of Prosecco and she’s ready to oversee her underlings

AFL Officially checked, ticked off and approved after 2pm. Deadline closes at 7.30pm tonight

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Would be happy with that outcome. Tells us why we don't need to upgrade to 2 and give up 10 etc.

Even if FOS is gone by 6, Draper would still be a great addition for us. Speed and skill through the midfield would work for us too
They'll both be gone by 6 I reckon. Jagga might be there. Smillie probably.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone heard from Corns and Barret. They must be absolutely beside themselves with Blair's success. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I'd do that in a heartbeat, it's a tremendous idea.

Two plusses for North: bed down existing young talent while still getting a good kid at 25; likely get a decent improvement in the 2025 first round.

For the Tigers, we get the prized pick #2 in a rebuild year and don't give up any of our other 2024 picks.

Perfect.
North want Tauru and think they can get him without using pick 2 I.e. a split
That will be their motivation to trade pick 2

Pick 25 going for Daniel though?

6 & 24 for 2 on its own would be good for both parties.

Having said I'd do it, can't see North trading pick 2 for our F1. They want Tauru, bad.

I don't reckon they do 6 and 24. I think we likely need 2 1sts. What about 6 and 18 for 2 and Norths F2nd. That probably works for both clubs.

Reactions: 1 user
Outstanding effort by Blair
we end up with picks 1 6 10 11 18 20 23 24
I still can’t see what the long game of giving so many points to Brisbane to get pick 20 was. Some on here justified the premium based on us using that pick in another trade and unless we package it to get 2 from North seems strange