Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

We may be done after night 1 - Pick 23 (or whatever the last pick in round 1 ends up being) . If we get 7 players that we want we might go for a F1 for pick 24! (or even two) A lot of clubs will be clamouring for that pic. Reckon we should keep 76 as well (has no points associated) and just in case there is something we like at the end of the draft!
Nah, we'll have plenty to do on night 2.

Pick 23 comes up - we sell it for pick 30 and a future first to a club desperate for a kid they rate at 15.
Oh, look! Richmond has pick 24 - sell that for pick 33 and a future first.
Hey! Here's pick 30, in the hands of...let's see...Richmond! Cheers, we'll give it to you for the cheap cheap price of pick 40 and a future second.

And so on.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
So over 2 years of shifting around later picks and moving on DRIoli, Baker, Bolton and Graham we now have picks 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23 , if it turns out to be the super strong draft it’s rumoured to be in a few years I’d say Blair has done very well

Reactions: 9 users
I think we’ll crack the 10,000 point mark for draft picks.
There should be prize awarded. Pick 2 or 3 in the ND
Hey Laura 50 Shades or grey” how about it?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Pick 23 comes up - we sell it for pick 30 and a future first to a club desperate for a kid they rate at 15.
Hey! Here's pick 30, in the hands of...let's see...Richmond! Cheers, we'll give it to you for the cheap cheap price of pick 40 and a future second.

And so on.
I think your right , very hard to pick who’ll be the bottom few sides next year , may just “steal” a top 5 pick

Reactions: 1 user
Rioli deals has been officially checked off and approved
BREAKING | Daniel Rioli has been traded to Gold Coast alongside picks 51, 60, 70 and 76 for picks 6 and 23.

Reactions: 7 users
Richmond: 1, 10, 11, 18, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76 have 10 picks currently in the draft

Retirees Martin, Pickett, Grimes and Crayfish
outs Rioli likely, Bolton, Baker and Graham

That's 8 already

Assume we lose 70 and 76 for 6 and 23 means we still have 10 picks
So two possible delistings if if i'm right.

edit @Willo CLAIMS rIOLI DEAL IS 6 and 23 for 51,61,70,and 76

that's 8 out and 8 picks????

Four things I love about this draft hand.

1. It's freakin' awesome.

2. The club built it without begging the AFL for handouts.

3. It was clearly the culmination a multi-year strategy. Our list management team oozes professionalism.

4. By all reports, we're not paying any of Baker, Rioli or Bolton's salaries. We don't need to build a free agency warchest for the Tassie-compromised draft years, we have it already.

Honestly, couldn't be happier with how things have panned out.

Very sorry to see Dan, Leon and Shai go.

Congrats to our team also. Clearly a strategy to rebuild has been put in place, which has been followed with out deviation.

It looks a very strong draft with no clear boundaries between the top 6 and from there down a fraction, and then between the next 20.

The fact that there is no clear pecking order in the top group may lead us to go after pick 2.
Rather hope instead that we take our opportunity to bring in the 8 players, all of whom could be anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

And so on.
We could do this all night.

Hey, Matt Clarke, we are going to take Bo Allan at 11. Can you swap 12 and a future first rounder for 11?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Numbers available - 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 16, 17, 24, 29

Dimma made draftees wear high numbers in their first year and made them earn a good number. Dusty wore number 36 in his first year for example.

There has also been a recent history of numbers being rested for at least a year when a star retires.

I would expect number 4 to be rested for a few years. Number 2 should be rested, but i think there is a chance Hopper might want it. I think MRJ will take number 17. Baker and Bolton don't deserve to have their numbers rested and I hope they get allocated. I'd like to see a Gibcus or McAuliffe upgrade to number 7.

Still think we have our eye on number 2 pick.

That doesn't need to be done today. Maybe we will try to do a live trade on draft night. But i do agree we should be targeting pick 2... or approaching Adelaide for Pick 4 or Melbourne for pick 5

We won trade week ....however expect some big news richmond related to drop tnite or tomorrow

good or bad?