Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

if we have a junk pick to spare (which I don't think we will after the GC trade, but anyway) I think taking a punt at Parker wouldn't be a terrible idea, would provide valuable experience to a young list on the cheap.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
I enjoyed writing it
It’s funny, clearly I am not done with the verbal fisticuffs on PRE but of all the folk I find irritating here you are no longer one of them.

We may even - gasp - share a pretty pragmatic but hopeful view of the club at large.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
It’s funny, clearly I am not done with the verbal fisticuffs on PRE but of all the folk I find irritating here you are no longer one of them.

We may even - gasp - share a pretty pragmatic but hopeful view of the club at large.
A marriage made on PRE. wonders never cease!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Risky but norfs pick 2 for our future 1st rd?
I'd do that in a heartbeat, it's a tremendous idea.

Two plusses for North: bed down existing young talent while still getting a good kid at 25; likely get a decent improvement in the 2025 first round.

For the Tigers, we get the prized pick #2 in a rebuild year and don't give up any of our other 2024 picks.

Perfect.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Reckon they're hoping for FOS, positioning for Draper or Langford.
I am cautious they have moved hard for pick 3 and saying they want FOS in the media. Is that to bluff us into taking FOS or bluffing us out taking FOS???
Securing pick 2 will ease my nerves on pick 1, I don't know who 1 should be.

Reactions: 2 users
The salary cap is now really interesting.

How much have we shaved off our wages bill by losing Martin, Grimes, Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham? Maybe $4.5-$5 million?

We are incredibly well set up for a dip at some free agents moving forward.
Add $1.5m for Lynch this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Another option for Pick 2, might be something like 2 and 25 for 6, 18 and 20.

Pay 6 and 18 for 2, with a slight slideback from 20 to the 2nd pick of the 2nd round.

With max 9 list spots on the list, and with potentially 8 picks within the 1st 24 (before bids come in), reckon we will definitely open to losing 1 to move up further into that pointy range.

Probably trade 1 of the picks at the start of the 2nd round out, and go with 6 in the 1st 24, possibly our NGA graduate and then 2 rookies.
6 & 11 for picks 2 & 25. That will get it done.