Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Now all we need is confirmation that Toce is alive
Big toasty is definitely still alive Tt.

Robert Redford Yes GIF by GritTV

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Besides Balta, the 4 departing players were the youngest players in our 2020 premiership side. They've all got 2/3 premiership medals each and have seen our club decline while our greats retire. Having them all depart now, in their prime, in a super draft year, fetching some good picks, is a blessing in disguise which will help our rebuild significantly. Just hope Toce smashes it.

Reactions: 18 users
Pressures on. As long as we can avoid another 2004 Draft result, we should have a very exciting list to watch grow and develop.

The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Hartley has been luring list managers into his basement like zed from pulp fiction.

He has absolutely blitzed it.

Every trade has been executed with the final vision in mind - 7-8 picks in the top 25 in a top-skewed draft.

That was his mission and he succeeded. Wildly.

Folks are being too sentimental whilst simultaneously not factoring in the human element.

Bolton was done with us. Done. Nothing left to prove or give. Ditto Rioli.

Players no longer in sync with the club’s new path. So you trade them at peak value to someone else because they are no longer part of our next premiership puzzle.

It is just consummate list management. Elite.

Anyone who isn’t happy / excited with our group heading into 2025 is just miserable full stop.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 27 users
So many folks still don’t get it.
I think the vast majority of people get it. There might be some disagreement around how good some individual deals are, but overall, everyone understands whats going on and why.

Agree Blair is doing a great job. Still the best in the business.

Reactions: 4 users
I think the vast majority of people get it. There might be some disagreement around how good some individual deals are, but overall, everyone understands whats going on and why.

Amazing trade period which really sets us up for success in 3-4 years - if we do it right.

Perhaps. But there’s still a mindset of ‘well Bolton is a great player so I think we lost the trade’

We didn’t. Like all great trades, it brings both clubs closer to a premiership.

In my humble opinion that should be the only metric.

Next premiership Blueprint.....

Part A secure an excellent hand in a very strong draft........tick
Part B maximise those picks

If we get part B right then in 2-3 years time we will be the most exciting team in the competition (fingers crossed)

Reactions: 2 users
With 8 top class kids arriving, we really need to make sure the club's leaders are strong to avoid them becoming their own clique. We need that Richmond man ethos to continue.

Can we get Grigg, Chimp and Jackson back to the club. Shame that Lambert has left us.

A tweet from Twomey:

Spot the difference:

The Tigers' draft hand after this trade period is easily at 'expansion club era' levels.

Gold Coast picks in 2010: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13
GWS picks in 2011: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14
Richmond picks in 2024: 1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 23, 24

So 7 picks in the top 11 or 9 picks in the top 11 = 4 picks in the top 11. Hmmm.

Both the first two drafts largely unaffected by F/S and academy players too.

Reactions: 7 users