Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

From BF, so take it with a giant ladle of salt:

'Just heard from a mate that has ties to Richmond Socials team so take from this what you want but this is what I’ve been told:

The media team have finished work on the graphics for farewell Dan & Farewell Shai videos/ images etc.

The Rioli Trade is 6 & 23 for Rioli and our late picks

The Bolton trade is we get 10,11,18
Freo get Bolton & 14

Also got told we are likely to get 2 from Roos but not until after the trade period, it will be 6+11 for 2

I don’t know who the other pick is at 1&2 but Lalor is one of them.

Also the reason we are willing to swap 14 to ensure we get 10,11,18 is because we want to use 18 & 20 to pair the Whitlock twins.

Got told the media team is already busy putting together draftee videos for a bunch of players but the ones he knew were Lalor and the twins…

So looks like maybe we end up with 1,2,10,18,20,23,24 after the swaps are all done…'

Not sure how we can lock in the Whitlock twins at 18 and 20 without knowing what the draft order is and who everyone else will be picking, so probably BS but anyhoo.
Looks like your BFF on BF is on the money so far Tommy Tightshirt

Reactions: 6 users
. I chirped because imo you made a stupid comment.
It was actually nothing more than a glib, smart arse, throwaway, yep call it stupid if you wish line. Then ya smeared beige mayo on it n made further inaccurate insinuations. Maybe ya shoulda just chirped the actual comment from me when quoting instead of expanding.

Its less than 10/11. Essentially the deal was 10/11, then we gave up 14 and f3 for 18

It was the compromise that had to happen, overall I think we pretty much maxed the draft value most REALISTICALLY could have expected. If you were going to get a fully committed Shai if you held him to his contract then you maybe could have bluffed all the way to the wire but this is a fair outcome.

On Bake's if he had of been a restricted free agent the compo we would have received from AFL for his 5 year deal at say somewhere around $750-$800K would have been end of first round at best so was best done now.

Reactions: 3 users
Fantastic that we giving ourselves a decent chance of picking up the best talent.

As mentioned before however, you need your club to be good off field to make the most of any player.

As a matter of interest and not proving anything one way or another, here are some notables from the 2013 draft (I think 4? captains here?)

35 Toby Nankervis

37 Alex Pearce

42 Jake Kolodjashnij

43 Tom Barrass

44 Aliir Aliir

56 James Sicily

74 Jeremy McGovern

86 Rory Laird

90 Dane Rampe

Reactions: 1 users
Assuming the deal goes through as reported, i dont reckon its a great deal for us, but better than a punch in the face.

I guess time will tell what we do with 18, which will end up about 21/22, as opposed 14 (probably 17 by the time it is used)

Reactions: 1 user
Great result with the Bolton trade. To have so many bites of the cherry so early in a very deep draft is an amazing opportunity.

Personally, I wouldn't be looking at trading up to 2. I'd rather have more high-calibre kids on the list than less. And while there are no guarantees with the draft, talent identification and drafting is a much more sophisticated science these days. If the field is as even as everyone says it is, this is our golden chance to accelerate the rebuild.

Reactions: 8 users
Not sure on 6 and 11 for 2 through ?. Carlton set the bar yesterday 12 and 14 for 3 . We a paying way overs. No pick 6 is included.
Carlton struck gold by having the right picks at the right time.
There is no way North trade pick 2 unless they get 6 back. If we dont want to trade 6 for 2 then we wont get 2.

Reactions: 6 users
Carlton struck gold by having the right picks at the right time.
There is no way North trade pick 2 unless they get 6 back. If we dont want to trade 6 for 2 then we wont get 2.
it's just a matter of what other pick they'll demand. if it's any higher than #11 I'd personally take it. Maybe this is why Hartley isn't concerned too much about trading out #14?

Assuming the deal goes through as reported, i dont reckon it's a great deal for us, but better than a punch in the face.
Agree. 10 and 11 straight up was a common expectation. To get it, we've slid back 4 spots AND given an F3 which is gonna be around the 38 mark next year.

If this is what's being reported is actually correct, of course.