Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

If Baker went to Freo 14 wouldn't be ours in the first place to give up.
I know, what I'm saying is it would've been better to just receive 10 & 11 without sliding 14 back to 18, however if Baker went to Freo, this is what we would've received anyway. Maybe I could've stated that clearer.

Reactions: 1 user
Future third to assuage Peter Bell’s pathetic ego and prevent him from having to commit hari-kiri before the board

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
The headline:

THREE first-rounders for Bolton​

Technically true, but we're giving one back that is in a higher position than one of the ones we've received. It's almost like the AFL site is trying to hype this to cue strong reactions...

Reactions: 2 users
Not overly disappointed but not overly happy as, it's worse than what Freo were offering for Bolton and Baker.

Looking at this simplistically, we swapped 2 guys in their absolute prime, one a superstar not that long ago rated in the top 10 in the game, another proven quality player, for 3 kids in the middle to late first round. Yes will be a strong draft and should go deep but based on history one or two will be a bust.
Freo won this deal.
Any confirmation dockers actually offered that deal through ??

Players wanted out cannot stop them. Simple your either in or out for the new ride.

Reactions: 1 user
The headline:

THREE first-rounders for Bolton​

Technically true, but we're giving one back that is in a higher position than one of the ones we've received. It's almost like the AFL site is trying to hype this to cue strong reactions...
Just saw that, unbelievable. Its not technically true, its three first rounders for Bolton and a first rounder.

Its the same if I buy some chewy and only have a $100 note. 'Man hands over $100 for chewy'

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Very good deal for both clubs.

As much as we (and anyone else) want a player like Bolton, the next best thing if he wants out to leverage his contract for worth.

Theres a nice little Easter Egg on the AFL app (I believe from Freo media) for Cornes to educate himself on.
“Just goes to show what it costs to extract star players from clubs when they've got long contracts in place.”

As a reminder of the possible difference between picks 14 and 18, here are the last ten of those respectively. Not sure which number has the edge here (possibly 18)

Jake Rogers

Darcy Wilson

Elijah Hewitt

Josh Weddle

Campbell Chesser

Angus Sheldrick

Heath Chapman

Ryan Angwin

Miles Bergman

Mitch Georgiades

Jackson Hately

Xavier Duursma

Matthew Ling

Brandon Starcevich

Harry Perryman

Sam Powell-Pepper

Eric Hipwood

Jade Gresham

Jake Lever

Isaac Heeny

Reactions: 1 users
This has been a very mature response from the club. Losing Bolton, Rioli and Baker is very conflicting but it had to be done.

In an ideal world, they would have been key pieces over the next few years but circumstances have prevented it. We have the least exciting group of under 23s in the competition and drastic measures were needed to address this imbalance.

Hartley and Toce now have a huge responsibility to get the next step right. If they botch up too many of these picks, then it will all have been in vain.

Still, phase 1 has been a massive success. It gives us a chance.

Reactions: 17 users
This year and next are the years to get high draft picks unless we want to be destroyed as a club when Tassie come in.

Perfect timing for us IMO to smash high picks in the draft this year.

Reactions: 7 users