Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

OK I suppose, acceptable all things considered. the 14 18 slide is annoying right now. Freo won. But we didn't lose badly.

Reactions: 4 users
So essentially the same deal we would've received had Baker also gone to the Shockers, 10,11, 18.

Would've preferred 14 to 18 but we move on.

Reactions: 3 users
Oscar Piastri dont worry he hasnt nominated for draft
We couldn’t afford him. In fact no team in the AFL could. In the not too distant future he will earn more in a year than most AFL players do in their careers.
Good luck to the kid. He’s something special.

Reactions: 1 user
There was never confirmation the Dockers offered 10,11 and 18 for both and Baker wanted eagles.
A pick swap we loose 4 places and f3 40+ pick.
Good deal 10،11,18 ,
Very happy

Reactions: 8 users
AFL headline 'Bolton's huge price'. This is from the AFL. An organisation that you would think would know something about football. It never ceases to amaze me. Freo will be doing jigs, cracking the Moet, grinning like shot foxes. We have lost a genuine star. Unbelievable.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
We were never likely to get what many fans would think is the right value for Shai. Its an ok deal, Freo fans will think they paid a lot, but in a years time they will be stoked with the price they paid.

Reactions: 5 users
AFL headline 'Bolton's huge price'. This is from the AFL. An organisation that you would think would know something about football. It never ceases to amaze me. Freo will be doing jigs, cracking the Moet, grinning like shot foxes. We have lost a genuine star. Unbelievable.
We snagged 3 first rounders to

*smile* Blair has done it again. Even better than 10/11.

True but he wants to go home due to family. I'm ok with it. He wasn't fully engaged this year.

Reactions: 2 users
We were never likely to get what many fans would think is the right value for Shai. Its an ok deal, Freo fans will think they paid a lot, but in a years time they will be stoked with the price they paid.
I think it's a fair deal. Sliding from 14 to 18 probably means we broke even.

Not overly disappointed but not overly happy as, it's worse than what Freo were offering for Bolton and Baker.

Looking at this simplistically, we swapped 2 guys in their absolute prime, one a superstar not that long ago rated in the top 10 in the game, another proven quality player, for 3 kids in the middle to late first round. Yes will be a strong draft and should go deep but based on history one or two will be a bust.
Freo won this deal.

The dumb and slack-jawed will think they paid a lot, the smart fans will be beside themselves with joy.

But I agree, within the context we had to work, Shai go home, our rebuild, Bell doing a dudoro impression, its OK. You can't lose sight of your objectives.

Reactions: 1 users
3 flags in a dynasty era.Can’t complain about anything.If players want to leave despite how good they are-there’s the door.Reload in the next couple of years before Tassie raid the drafts and who knows we may get the cream again.Great work Blair!!👌

Reactions: 4 users