Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Hah hah hah hah. No surprises that the AFL led media - specifically the HS in this instance - are suggesting Footscray have to take pick 17 from Geelong for Bailey Smith and be done with it. That's good enough.

What ?? That'd be like winning Tattslotto for Geelong the absolute, Bona fide, media darlings of the AFL.

*** unreal. It just never stops.

• Angry
Reactions: 13 users
Why is it that the media seems to have taken the role of trade arbiter all of a sudden?

Guess what arseholes - you don't decide what the trade value is, the clubs do.

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users
The Carltons have floated Kennedy, Le Young and Owies so far and no takers. The Carltons may imagine that they can dump salary from the first two and get a pick. They will pay.

The Carltons are posturing that they can get Houston without paying #11.

Are they barking mad?

Reactions: 1 users
Just read that Owies wants in the range of $700-$800k! No wonder no one wants him.

Owies v Mansell -

Disp 8 v 10
Tack 2 v 3
Goals 1.4 v 1.0
Mtrs gained 153 v 214

Mansell in a *smile* side v Owies in a top 8 side

I'll take Mansell at his salary and leave Owies at $700K thanks

Reactions: 7 users
The Carltons have floated Kennedy, Le Young and Owies so far and no takers. The Carltons may imagine that they can dump salary from the first two and get a pick. They will pay.

The Carltons are posturing that they can get Houston without paying #11.

Are they barking mad?
Dont know if they are barking mad, what I do know is that they are *smile* *smile*

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
If the Giants are into Stringer , why don’t we ask the question of Ricardi ?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not so sure Geelong wins that trade.

Yes, on the surface it appears to favour them.

But they are still giving up their first rounder in a very good and deep draft.

Smith as midfielder in a team with very thin midfield stocks? Yeah dunno about that.

Smith as durable every-weeker? With that knee? Dunno about that either.

Smith as head-down low-maintenance player? With his headlines and mental health battles (sympathy but it does impact performance) I dunno about that.

Meanwhile Geelong is finally on the edge of that cliff.

Yeah nah. It’s an arrogant choice to keep thinking you’ll just lob into the finals every year.

I’m not so sure Geelong wins that trade.

Yes, on the surface it appears to favour them.

But they are still giving up their first rounder in a very good and deep draft.

Smith as midfielder in a team with very thin midfield stocks? Yeah dunno about that.

Smith as durable every-weeker? With that knee? Dunno about that either.

Smith as head-down low-maintenance player? With his headlines and mental health battles (sympathy but it does impact performance) I dunno about that.

Meanwhile Geelong is finally on the edge of that cliff.

Yeah nah. It’s an arrogant choice to keep thinking you’ll just lob into the finals every year.
That bowling alley they call a home ground gives them a massive leg up.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What a waste of time and energy
4th day and still the sound of 🦗
The AFL is dumb
We say the same thing every year.
Only with each passing year it gets more obvious and more tedious.
Trade "week", which is really Trade Nine Days if you count the weekend, could be distilled into three days - Mon start, Wed finish.
But that wouldn't fit with the AFL's strategy to dominate sports content.
They are loving the click count.

It’s only so the likes of Hutchy pay the afl to run Trade Radio exclusively.
It doesn’t have to make sense. It doesnt have to add any interest.

The afl get some more $$$$s so we have to suffer through it. Money grabbing, money wasting *smile* wits. Just give Katy another $5million you *smile* brained, numb nutted moronic fools.

• Haha
2 trades in 4 tedious *smile* days

I pity any of you poor saps that have been listening or watching that trade radio *smile* & the like

2 trades in 4 tedious *smile* days

I pity any of you poor saps that have been listening or watching that trade radio *smile* & the like
Yep, I think trade period has lost its relevance as an interesting AFL time in a way. I don't bother listening, it's pointless, nothing is happening. I'll pay more attention on Wednesday.

The AFL treat its customers like fools. It's one thing to dominate the share of voice - but if you dominate it with crap content - then you by extension are crap. They manage to turn an exciting time of year into mindless drudgery - well done again AFL HQ - great custodians for this game. :rolleyes: