Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Why would that be more valuable than a future 1st? Melbourne won't make finals next year.
Obviously it depends on what Essendon wanted or needed more.
Melbournes future pick could be anywhere, you’re only guessing as am I .
A 2025 F1 vs a 2024 early 2nd in what some judge a better draft? In the eye of the beholder. Early 2nd on Draft Night could be coveted and turn into a lower future F1.

As I said, it depended if we wanted pick 9 and Essendon needed the points for Kako.
We didn’t need to offer a future P1. I put laid our points structure, using p20,24 and the latter picks for whatever points for Kako were required. They could still have 2nd round pick this year.

It depended on what they preferred. You don’t know if you don’t try to negotiate

We paid 1704 points for p20.
(A deficit in value of 792 points, I see what and why you did that) ;)

The deficit (if thats what you want to call it) is the difference in pick value - ie. the premium paid to get that pick.

Melbourne paid that value ON TOP of their future 1st to get Pick 9.

I've done the maths already and its pretty clear what both teams are paying premium wise. Its a hefty premium to buy into the 1st round this year (another reason why these joke compensation picks were ridoculously overpriced).

Not sure what your issue is here. We were never going to get Brisbane's pick without paying a premium (you can call it a deficit if you like) and the market is setting that premium.

Anyway, this has been done to death, but its interesting how the market is valuing picks in the 1st round this year.

Reactions: 3 users
The deficit (if thats what you want to call it) is the difference in pick value - ie. the premium paid to get that pick.

I've done the maths already and its pretty clear what both teams are paying premium wise. Its a hefty premium to buy into the 1st round this year (another reason why these joke compensation picks were ridoculously overpriced).

Not sure what your issue is here. We were never going to get Brisbane's pick without paying a premium (you can call it a deficit if you like) and the market is setting that premium.

Anyway, this has been done to death, but its interesting how the market is valuing picks in the 1st round this year.
Depending on where Melbourne will finish in 2025 they have paid the points value of between pick 1 and pick 2 for pick 9 in this year's draft

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Yeas I agree.
I have no issue at all. I proposed a hypothetical trade. With a decent premium to get a mid round 1st while getting rid of our latter picks so they do t go to waste.
If others disagree with it. That’s fine.
All good.

Reactions: 1 user
Is Ralph saying -
Pies get Houston - lose F1
Port get 13, 29, Lukosius - lose Houston and F1
Suns get pies and port F1 - lose 13, 29, Lukosius

Reactions: 2 users
Is Ralph saying -
Probably but still have to accomodate Richards to PA and Noble to GC. Later pick swaps maybe? Port have 39. Maybe GC get that, we give 51 and 61 to Port, Rioli goes to GC for 6 and 23.

Or maybe 51 or 61 goes to Pies. Depends who whinges the most, I guess.

• Wow
Is Ralph saying -
Way more complicated than that. Don’t know all the details but Atkins and Richards also go to Port.

Being reported that 23 not involved so will be in the Rioli deal with later picks with equivalent value going back to the suns

Not sure if Port are being bent over.

13, 29, Atkins (lol he's worthless), Lukosius and Richards
For Houston and their F1.

Bloody good deal for the Pies (hate to say it), Houston for a F1 and 2 average players that aren't even in their best 22.

Probably but still have to accomodate Richards to PA and Noble to GC. Later pick swaps maybe? Port have 39. Maybe GC get that, we give 51 and 61 to Port, Rioli goes to GC for 6 and 23.

Or maybe 51 or 61 goes to Pies. Depends who whinges the most, I guess.

We aren't being reported as being involved.

Most likely Rioli will be 6 and 23 with 51 and 61 going back. Hopefully no other picks going back, I could probably live with a future 3rd.

Is this the shape of the Houston?Atrosius deal leaving aside the change?

From Collingwood. Collingwood 2025R1 and Noble to GCS for 13. 13 on to to Port. Houston to Collingwood.

29 to Port. Along with salary dump of Atrosius and Atkins? Atkins is a salary dump for sure. Not many bidders for Atrosius? Salary dump. Port gets 13 for Houston. GCS pays F1 to GCS.

GCS gets Atrosius and Atkins off the books to make way for Rioli and... Noble. Maybe even some free space?

Reactions: 3 users
Is anybody listening to TradeBraindead? You are the greatest hero in the history of America. Who is rumoured to be having a dip at Bailey Smith?

• Haha
Is anybody listening to TradeBraindead? You are the greatest hero in the history of America. Who is rumoured to be having a dip at Bailey Smith?
Not anymore Jack. Snoozefest. I wish I got paid to do that work.....

Not anymore Jack. Snoozefest. I wish I got paid to do that work.....
We should get paid to listen to it, TF. Dammit all to hell.

Should PRE club in and pay a member to listen to TradeBraindead? Could be huge money. And even if we could fund it what if the listener dies in agony of boredom? I'd feel guilty. For a while. And regret the lost monies. Lose/lose situation. I'm almost as vexed as I am curious.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
So looks like Eagles are going to send pick 3 to Carlton for picks 12 and 14. 14 will come our way for Baker. This works for us if we can get 10 and 11 for Bolton. If it's 10 and 18, we would be better off doing the Bolton and Baker combo to Freo for 10, 11 and 18

• Wow
We should get paid to listen to it, TF. Dammit all to hell.

Should PRE club in and pay a member to listen to TradeBraindead? Could be huge money. And even if we could fund it what if the listener dies in agony of boredom? I'd feel guilty. For a while. And regret the lost monies. Lose/lose situation. I'm almost as vexed as I am curious.
I’d be willing to do it.
If I cark it while doing my paid duty I would remit the balance to PRE in my will..
There are some provisos. Falling asleep is not wage deductible. I reserve the right to post one of my quicker update replies.
As I am quite adverse to arguments, any arguing with me will see my rate doubled personally by the arguer .
I promise an erudite, accurate summation of each days bowel movement, draft pick deals etc.

• Haha
So looks like Eagles are going to send pick 3 to Carlton for picks 12 and 14. 14 will come our way for Baker. This works for us if we can get 10 and 11 for Bolton. If it's 10 and 18, we would be better off doing the Bolton and Baker combo to Freo for 10, 11 and 18
If we want #3 instead of carlton we just say no, do a pick slide, otherwise, who cares if carlton get pick 3, we get what we want, but we should be asking for 12

Clarke will get hanged for that.