Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

So NMFC wants Houston and is prepared to trade down to Pick #9 to get him, according to the latest media scuttlebutt. (Fairfax.) I hadn't thought about what else Esserdun might have to offer.

Yesterday the rumour from Fox was that Port had taken him off the table. Probably true and a rebuff of the Carlton and Collingwood bids.

Thursfield has been rumoured to have pick #2 on the table for yonks. The notion that he's in love with Tauru is plausible. I've never ruled Jason Taylor out of Tauru but I just can't get a read on him ATM other than @spook's insight that he wants FOS.

Is Essendon a suitor for Clarrie? Are they offering #9 for Clarrie? If so #5 (Tauru) and #9 (Houston) gets #2.
5&9
6&?
7&8

Is that what we are up against?
Reports are that 12&14 is doa.

I think 6&10 is overs and anyway unlikely to succeed. Screw you Norf we didnt want it anyway!
Lets get 3 (Baker and 10). Lalor and Smith then Allan and Lindsay

Reactions: 1 users
5&9
6&?
7&8

Is that what we are up against?
Reports are that 12&14 is doa.

I think 6&10 is overs and anyway unlikely to succeed. Screw you Norf we didnt want it anyway!
Lets get 3 (Baker and 10). Lalor and Smith then Allan and Lindsay
Our bid might be 6+10, tigerdell. Probably. In theory. 6+10 was a good offer. Too much? I dunno. ATM it looks like Jason Taylor thinks it's unders.

12+14 looked ambit to me. StKilda now in the press as doing business with WCE. 7+8 not enough for #2. But thereabouts for #3.

It looks like #2 is the hot pick right now. Taylor to take FOS? Looks like it. Taylor has almost pulled off a massive heist here.

We could have slipped out later picks for Kako points, then Picks 20 and p24 for it.
They get a bonus of a late 1st and an early 2nd use either one of those picks and points to use if needed.
We get pick 9.

Why would that be more valuable than a future 1st? Melbourne won't make finals next year.

Our bid might be 6+10, tigerdell. Probably. In theory. 6+10 was a good offer. Too much? I dunno. ATM it looks like Jason Taylor thinks it's unders.

12+14 looked ambit to me. StKilda now in the press as doing business with WCE. 7+8 not enough for #2. But thereabouts for #3.

It looks like #2 is the hot pick right now. Taylor to take FOS? Looks like it. Taylor has almost pulled off a massive heist here.
That hurts. Makes me sick to think the dees will get him (or similar) .. especially after the year we have had…

That hurts. Makes me sick to think the dees will get him (or similar) .. especially after the year we have had…
Its not too bad, effective ly Melbn and North swap position so it doesnt affect 6 and a tall (tauru) is taken not a mid.
If we get 3 we are in great shape

RFC Lalor
Dees fOS
RFC jags
Crows draper
North Tauru
RFC -> open pick

• Dislike

I'm happy to throw in 6, i think its the usual whammy pick - all tall slow mids who've dominated at slower junior level.

But 10 and 11 are cream

Spook won't be getting much sleep either, t8b. If we miss FOS he will grieve full sore. We may need a FOS grievers support group thread. For a long time.

I'm happy to throw in 6, i think its the usual whammy pick - all tall slow mids who've dominated at slower junior level.

But 10 and 11 are cream
Looks like we may not have to worry about that, dell. We know who Thursfield is taking and I'm currently banking the spook call that Taylor wants FOS. And it's by no means certain that the talent will go 3-7. Maybe there's a Butters or two at 13. There's not much speed in this draft.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
The trade was with Essendon. They need the points for Kako and wanted to trade out their pick 9

I get that, but Melbourne are throwing the kitchen sink at 9. We wouldn't even be considering trading our F1st so aren't in the ball game for Pick 9. Look at the premium they are paying to buy it, something like points value of 1650 points (we paid 792 to trade for Pick 20.

Reactions: 1 user
This exposes the farce of the academies yet again. The system is set up so you effectively get an academy player or F/S for free. The spirit or intent, the way it should work, is that you get access, but have to pay a fair price. either do that or get rid of it.

Essendon get Kako, a worthy pick 9, for free. I don't blame them of course, that is how the system is set up. But its a farce.

Reactions: 3 users
I get that, but Melbourne are throwing the kitchen sink at 9. We wouldn't even be considering trading our F1st so aren't in the ball game for Pick 9. Look at the premium they are paying to buy it, something like points value of 1650 points (we paid 792 to trade for Pick 20.
Melbourne have paid a big price for pick 9. If they trade 5 and 9 for pick 2 they will effectively have paid their F1 and a bunch of other picks for a move of 3 places up in the draft.

If they do that to get FOS that is a massive investment in one kid being a lot better than who they can get at 5.

Reactions: 3 users
Hawthorn has left Barrass out on a limb here. And now has no early selections in this draft.

The massively aggressive trading of #14 to Carlton at first looked to damage Clarke. But doesn't look that way to me atm.

What was the rush? Why do the trade then? What if they got cold feet on Barrass and that's why they sabotaged the deal? Then they should have kept #14.

This looks like McCartney's domain. If he can't land Barrass from here, and he's damaged his chances there, he will look like a hyper-aggressive nuffer.

It looks like Houston is off to Norfs. Collingwood will probably come for Barrass. McCartney may have *smile* his own Christmas.

Reactions: 2 users
As I said, it depended if we wanted pick 9 and Essendon needed the points for Kako.
We didn’t need to offer a future P1. I put laid our points structure, using p20,24 and the latter picks for whatever points for Kako were required. They could still have 2nd round pick this year.

It depended on what they preferred. You don’t know if you don’t try to negotiate

We paid 1704 points for p20.
(A deficit in value of 792 points, I see what and why you did that) ;)

Thursfield has to get more than 5+9 for 2 if he packages in #13. That's noobsploitation by Taylor. He's already noobsploited Rosa.

Noobsploiting psychopath, this Taylor. Might make a good movie but not my Schtick.

Reactions: 1 user
Houston has tried hard not to go to North even though they have offered him the most money. Don't rule out him staying rather than go to North.
That is the prayer, Sin. Let him decline to go to Norfs. Then we need Dalrymple to menace Tauru. Posture to take him at #3.