Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

The WEagles are in the same position with Barrass as we are with Bolton and DRioli- they get what they want in atrade, or they keep a good player.
From the outside this appears an arrogant move by the Hawks.
Hawthorn? Arrogant? Nooooooooo.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Somethings up with Cartoon now have picks 12 14 and trying to move further up the ladder Maybe Wetcoke pick 3
Which potential draftee has deliberately laid low to get to Cartoon?

Somethings up with Cartoon now have picks 12 14 and trying to move further up the ladder Maybe Wetcoke pick 3
Which potential draftee has deliberately laid low to get to Cartoon?
They are after Fos
Or they trying to Roughhead us like hawthorn did in 04.
When we bragged about Roughhead and Deledio leading into the draft.
So hawthorn stooged us by choosing Roughhead with their 1st pick causing us to select Tambling with our 2nd and then them getting Franklin at pick 5.

Reactions: 1 user
They are after Fos
Or they trying to Roughhead us like hawthorn did in 04.
When we bragged about Roughhead and Deledio leading into the draft.
So hawthorn stooged us by choosing Roughhead with their 1st pick causing us to select Tambling with our 2nd and then them getting Franklin at pick 5.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10...ripps-has-influenced-top-draft-prospect-josh/

Maybe its Smilly he idolises Cripps
I hope we can see through their BS and at pick 1 choose the player we were always going to pick

Last edited:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10...ripps-has-influenced-top-draft-prospect-josh/

I hope we can see through their BS and at pick 1 choose the player we were always going to pick

I hope thats who they are after. I reckon he's the biggest risk of the players suggested as top 10 players.

Its rare to have a player of his size make it in the midfield. Sure the upside is huge IF he can increase his tank, if he can, then his size and kicking ability makes him a very good mid, but if he can't get that tank up (and his recorded yoyo was poor, then you'd think he'd end up at 1 end of the ground but marking isn't his strong point. Massive boom or bust with Smillie IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
I see what Carlton have done but it confuses me. We might have held off on our Brisbane trade if we knew that was coming.

Carlton want Houston but they don't want to give up 12. So ok, they now have 14 and then bugger all else to trade for him, as they traded their 2nd in both 2024 and 2025 and no-one wants the duds that they've offered around.

Or were they just trying to bid the Pies up? Not sure that would have made any difference, Port seem like they've stuck the flag in the ground for what they want and the fact they didn't get Perryman or Cumming, would only enhance their desire to keep him. Maybe Carlton though the price was then too high to pay.

So how do Carlton get the Camperoele twins now? They have 12 and 14, then 69 and 72 (73 has no value) and have no 1st or 2nd next year.

Not sure what their strategy is.
Agreed, if they are attempting a FOStrike at pick 3 it makes sense... But then what?

Campo twins may be as late as the 40s.
So maybe they'll just take a deficit. Not certain when that is recovered, considering theyve traded out of 25. Is it deducted from their 26 first?

Which other club would bite tho? Maybe Port to keep them home. Crows will have their late picks used for Welsh

They are saying Smillie but they want Fos or Lalor.
We should be doing the same 'we love Reid's game and his application to the game blah blah" then select someone else.

We need to be top secret in this draft.
Give no indication who we are after, with None of our selections.

So NMFC wants Houston and is prepared to trade down to Pick #9 to get him, according to the latest media scuttlebutt. (Fairfax.) I hadn't thought about what else Esserdun might have to offer.

Yesterday the rumour from Fox was that Port had taken him off the table. Probably true and a rebuff of the Carlton and Collingwood bids.

Thursfield has been rumoured to have pick #2 on the table for yonks. The notion that he's in love with Tauru is plausible. I've never ruled Jason Taylor out of Tauru but I just can't get a read on him ATM other than @spook's insight that he wants FOS.

Is Essendon a suitor for Clarrie? Are they offering #9 for Clarrie? If so #5 (Tauru) and #9 (Houston) gets #2.

AFL.com.au's Cal Twomey reported on Sunday night that the Dees are set to get Essendon's pick 9, with the Bombers happy to part with the pick in case it gets swallowed up by a bid for star NGA prospect Isaac Kako on draft night.

In return, Twomey is reporting the Bombers will get Melbourne's picks 28 and 40 this year plus its future first-round pick in 2025, with other later picks expected to change hands as well.

AFL.com.au's Cal Twomey reported on Sunday night that the Dees are set to get Essendon's pick 9, with the Bombers happy to part with the pick in case it gets swallowed up by a bid for star NGA prospect Isaac Kako on draft night.

In return, Twomey is reporting the Bombers will get Melbourne's picks 28 and 40 this year plus its future first-round pick in 2025, with other later picks expected to change hands as well.
Ah. I was hoping we would get involved in getting pick 9
Yeah. Blair asleep at the wheel again…
We could have slipped out later picks for Kako points, then Picks 20 and p24 for it.
They get a bonus of a late 1st and an early 2nd use either one of those picks and points to use if needed.
We get pick 9.

Good deal by essendon I say...
Likelihood is Melbourne's 25 rnd 1 will be in a similar range...
Received 28 and 40 odd on top...
Stress free about academy pick...
Melbourne seem to have a trade up strategy...
They traded up last yr too.
They seem to think...
Use the top end of the draft for elite talent...
Get your role players anywhere...
Will see if it works for them.

Good deal by essendon I say...
Likelihood is Melbourne's 25 rnd 1 will be in a similar range...
Received 28 and 40 odd on top...
Stress free about academy pick...
Melbourne seem to have a trade up strategy...
They traded up last yr too.
They seem to think...
Use the top end of the draft for elite talent...
Get your role players anywhere...
Will see if it works for them.
Like us they have solid role players - Rivers, Mcvee etc but have ageing stars.
Its a good approach they are taking