Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Just read about this, big multi-club deal that fell over, as they usually do, people think they can do a magic pudding, but it usually ends up a bit of a pyramid scheme.

Here's the thing, it involved Rory Atkins to Port. In what world did the suns think they could get away with that?:rotfl2
I saw that on the local news. Adding Atkins as he was some sort of circuit breaker for the deal to go forward.o_O
He played something like 2 games for the GC this year.
What a farce. But it reflects on the whole dopey afl organisation. Try hard without any thinking.
Is this another Laura Kane idea. Even if she isn’t responsible, just sack her for it anyway. Get a football person in there.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that on the local news. Adding Atkins as he was some sort of circuit breaker for the deal to go forward.o_O
He played something like 2 games for the GC this year.
What a farce. But it reflects on the whole dopey afl organisation. Try hard without any thinking.
Is this another Laura Kane idea. Even if she isn’t responsible, just sack her for it anyway. Get a football person in there.
Ha ha, circuit breaker all right, broke the circuit. Like the old joke, First prize is Lukosious, second prize is Lukosious and Atkins.

In all seriousness, thats embarrassing. If someone suggested something like that on here they'd be mocked for years!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
GCS signed Atkins on a 500k multi year deal a few years ago. He's on what - 650k next year?

Another huge Weller mess YM Cameron did on the floor years ago.

GCS can get him off the books but they have to pay. The bizarre "forgotten player key to trade" is now the obstacle. GCS gotta pay. Draft currency. FMD if this Yesterday's Man Cameron has a job tomorrow there is something very wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
GCS signed Atkins on a 500k multi year deal a few years ago. He's on what - 650k next year?

GCS can get him off the books but they have to pay. The bizarre "forgotten player key to trade" is now the obstacle. GCS gotta pay. Draft currency. FMD if this Yesterday's Man Cameron has a job tomorrow there is something very wrong.

we should help with Atkins

Get 13 off them as well

Reactions: 6 users
we should help with Atkins

Get 13 off them as well
#13 will go, unfortunately, niko. It's tragic. For us.

Most years we'd be able to get #6 from Cameron to help him hide his mess. He gave up #8 for Bowes. He'd part with #6 to dump Atkins in a heartbeat. But there are too many clubs are on the patsy this year.

The fire sale is probably not over. We can probably get the GCS 2026R1 to take Weller next year.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If it’s true that Carlton are after Finn O’Sullivan why would they trade 12 and 14 to Westcoast for pick 3 now.

He could potentially go at Norths Pick 2 meaning they upgraded for nothing and missed out on their player.

If you ask me they would be stupid to pull the trigger on that now. If you are Carlton you are best to pick upgrade on draft night, when you are 100% sure he is still available at 3.

I don’t know what that would mean for the Baker Deal though, as the word was that one of those Carlton picks would be coming our way for Baker.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Carlton upgrade to pick 3 now and then we use the Baker Pick plus 10 or 11 to get Norths Pick 2, trumping Carlton for Finn O’Sullivan.

I wonder if Blair is playing games when he says he won’t be Pick upgrading.

This Bailey Smith thing is interesting. You've got 2 of the most difficult people to deal with in Mackie and Power going dhead to dhead.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Carlton has got pick 3 off WC (they want Fos cousin of Walsh)
Pick 14 now will be offered to us for Baker.

**Blair was never upgrading his picks this year because he knows there is so much talent throughout the top 20.

I reckon the Lukosious trade also had a salary dump component to it also as he is on some coin.

Sunnies thought all their sunrises had come at once - get 2 future first rounders, clean out Atkins and lukosious salaries (sounds like 1 mill plus for next ), get noble for the ost of pick 13 ………….

I reckon the Lukosious trade also had a salary dump component to it also as he is on some coin.

Sunnies thought all their sunrises had come at once - get 2 future first rounders, clean out Atkins and lukosious salaries (sounds like 1 mill plus for next ), get noble for the ost of pick 13 ………….

I reckon you're right there, yott. Atrosius is on coin beyond his performance. Good ol Cameron. Did another Weller.

Reactions: 1 user