Trade Week - NON-Richmond only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - NON-Richmond only

Clarke didn’t have the pick to offer. He just didn’t accept the hawks offer, within the timeframe the hawks wanted. Bold move from hawks. Not sure how the get barass now.
The great farewell speech by Barrass might have been for nought.
If i was West Coast I would be asking Barrass to start thinking about where else he might be willing to go, and letting other clubs know he might be available.

My bad Clarke wanting more than #14 for Barrass
The WEagles are in the same position with Barrass as we are with Bolton and DRioli- they get what they want in atrade, or they keep a good player.
From the outside this appears an arrogant move by the Hawks.

Reactions: 2 users
I see what Carlton have done but it confuses me. We might have held off on our Brisbane trade if we knew that was coming.

Carlton want Houston but they don't want to give up 12. So ok, they now have 14 and then bugger all else to trade for him, as they traded their 2nd in both 2024 and 2025 and no-one wants the duds that they've offered around.

Or were they just trying to bid the Pies up? Not sure that would have made any difference, Port seem like they've stuck the flag in the ground for what they want and the fact they didn't get Perryman or Cumming, would only enhance their desire to keep him. Maybe Carlton though the price was then too high to pay.

So how do Carlton get the Camperoele twins now? They have 12 and 14, then 69 and 72 (73 has no value) and have no 1st or 2nd next year.

Not sure what their strategy is.

Reactions: 2 users
I see what Carlton have done but it confuses me. We might have held off on our Brisbane trade if we knew that was coming.

Carlton want Houston but they don't want to give up 12. So ok, they now have 14 and then bugger all else to trade for him, as they traded their 2nd in both 2024 and 2025 and no-one wants the duds that they've offered around.

Or were they just trying to bid the Pies up? Not sure that would have made any difference, Port seem like they've stuck the flag in the ground for what they want and the fact they didn't get Perryman or Cumming, would only enhance their desire to keep him. Maybe Carlton though the price was then too high to pay.

So how do Carlton get the Camperoele twins now? They have 12 and 14, then 69 and 72 (73 has no value) and have no 1st or 2nd next year.

Didnt our trade, allow the carlton trade to go through?
I thought brisbane on-traded the pick to the blues?

Maybe they no longer want the twins?

They will probably split either 12 or 14?

Think they know there pretty much out of the Houston race. Was more about getting both picks and points into this year.

Reactions: 1 user
The WEagles are in the same position with Barrass as we are with Bolton and DRioli- they get what they want in atrade, or they keep a good player.
From the outside this appears an arrogant move by the Hawks.
If we keep the Sausage n Shai that's gunna make draft night boring as bat *smile*. Pick 1 n then come back tomorra night.

Think they know there pretty much out of the Houston race. Was more about getting both picks and points into this year.
Geez, are you suggesting we coulda used our stock pile of mid tier picks to swap for Carlscums pick 14 so they then had the later picks for the Campo twins????
Missed it by that much.

Geez, are you suggesting we coulda used our stock pile of mid tier picks to swap for Carlscums pick 14 so they then had the later picks for the Campo twins????
Missed it by that much.

Nah. They wont need much for those boys. The late one's we have will probably be enough for them.

I don't understand the benefit from hawthorns point of view with their trade to carlton. 14 for f1 and f2, but f1 is probably give or take a similar number to 14 next year in a weaker draft. and f2 in a weaker draft isnt worth much.

Reactions: 1 users
So, imagine how Mini McQualter must be going right now.

He thought he was going to a new club with a couple of decent new leaders, some good picks and familiar faces.

Instead he may have a disgruntled full back and JG (not sure what TI is), and a head of list management who's bungled a key trade. Exciting times for him...

18 and 24 for 12?

I don't think Matthew Clarke's first trade period is going that well. Let's hope his poor showing benefits Richmond rather than stuffs us around. Likely comes down to whether Baker will go to Freo.