Tom Roach threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach threads [Merged]

Re: Back with a bang: Tom Roach

4 kicks though. There's a difference between 15 possessions, when they're kicks and constructing play, and having 11 handballs because you're under pressure to get rid of it. Unfortunately, I can't comment about whether or not that was the case :D

Tigers of Old said:
Jools said:
Tigers of Old said:
The_General said:
Didn't see all of it, was he played as a tagger on someone?
Braun I think.

That's what was said by the commentators, Braun didn't get much of it.

Still got 15 possessions. 3 times more than Tom.

I think he's gone unfortunately for him.

He was one of the lower possession getters. 15 possessions out of his teams total of 423 isn't many.

He strutted around impressively, he has certainly bulked up since he started, but pretty muscles won't help him if he can't get the pill, and when he does, kicks it 20 metres over his team mates head.

Tom Roach tagged Braun and kept him to about 8 possies at 3 qtr time then Terry finally realised that Cousins was KILLING US and then they moved tom on to him and he didn't get a touch in the last 15 minutes. Cammy Howat, gees hes a great runner FORWARD but never goes back or stays on his man, he was braun in the last quarter and braun doubled his possisions in the one quarter

Tigers of Old said:
The_General said:
Had 5 touches, I wouldn't have thought there'd be too many turnovers. Didn't get it enough.

Sorry Thomas, probably wasn't the best game to show case your talents, but I'd be incredibly surprised if you made it passed this year.

5 touches??
He's named in the best on the AFL website. :spin

Geez what does that say about the rest of them?

HAHA thats amazing. best were J.Bowden, Deledio, Raines, Roach, Stafford  according to afl.com

Tambling ??????
P.Bowden ?????
Tuck ??????
Simmonds ?????

The Man said:
Tom Roach tagged Braun and kept him to about 8 possies at 3 qtr time then Terry finally realised that Cousins was KILLING US and then they moved tom on to him and he didn't get a touch in the last 15 minutes. Cammy Howat, gees hes a great runner FORWARD but never goes back or stays on his man, he was braun in the last quarter and braun doubled his possisions in the one quarter

Thanks for that info, puts Roach in a better light.

who cares how much braun got, he's playing finals so i doubt he was even awake today

tom roach playing for his career and doesnt even hit a target

enough said

Tigers of Old said:
The_General said:
Had 5 touches, I wouldn't have thought there'd be too many turnovers. Didn't get it enough.

Sorry Thomas, probably wasn't the best game to show case your talents, but I'd be incredibly surprised if you made it passed this year.

5 touches??
He's named in the best on the AFL website.  :spin

Did sweet FA ToO.

afl.com have no idea.

Johno, Bling, White, Polo, Simmo, Howat where all in front of Tommy

WesternTiger said:
Tigers of Old said:
The_General said:

5 touches??
He's named in the best on the AFL website. :spin

Did sweet FA ToO.

afl.com have no idea.

Johno, Bling, White, Polo, Simmo, Howat where all in front of Tommy

Ta Westie.
I' m actually happy to have missed the game today.
Had a nice family day out instead, with Gustiger12 sending me SMS updates. :thumbsup

If Wallace said Roachy was playing for his career, you would think it would be hard to justify on the back of that game?

Tigers of Old said:
The_General said:

5 touches??
He's named in the best on the AFL website
.  :spin

I noticed that also. WTF was with that? :shakehead

I thought Bling was ordinary today, he bludges too much. Matter of fact, the lack of defensive pressure from about 15 blokes today was evident.

The_General said:
I thought Bling was ordinary today, he bludges too much. Matter of fact, the lack of defensive pressure from about 15 blokes today was evident.
Bling set up atleast 3 goals and kicked 1 himself, but yeh he was ordinary ::)

Getting back to the title of this thread, young, inexperienced, fragile Tommy Roach will not be playing for the RFC next year.  Rumour has it he has signed a contract for one year on the series 'Lost' screened on Channel 7.  The producer will have him playing along side the fat bloke, and in time will find out it's his step brother.

Yet he's almost always chasing a slower guy, and doesn't land a tackle. Game is about two ends, not just getting it and running with it.

The_General said:
Yet he's almost always chasing a slower guy, and doesn't land a tackle. Game is about two ends, not just getting it and running with it.
Unfortunately General, rarely is Tambling actually chasing his OWN opponent. He is having to make up ground on the other bludgers' opponents. I thought he was good today.

mk33 said:
Tigermad2005 said:
skybeau said:
Tigermad2005 said:
Good to see Terry is not getting carried away with a few ok games.

As opposed to some who get carried away wanting to delist every Richmond player in existence...not looking at anyone in particular...
Who would that be?
I have only called for 2 players to be delisted.

So far you have said Roach, Limbach, Howat, Pettifer, Richardson, Tuck, at least to be traded or delisted
When did i say Richo.
Yes i talked of Tuck last year not this.
Pettifer would look at it for the right deal, but also said when he was playing well the Tigers were winning.
Howat just would not promote him thats not delisting or trading him.

Tigermad2005 said:
loved his pass to Richo in the 1st only missed him by 5 foot.

TM see your boy Limach kicked 4 today in the final!

I think he will still be around in 2007