Tom Roach threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach threads [Merged]

Re: Back with a bang: Tom Roach

PLayed 100mins
I was surprised to see him in the best last nyte then read the paper today and saw 5 touches!!!

I like the boy but you have to make the hard decisions Terry!!

Seem to recall a great many posters saying the same thing about Raines this time last year.....won't make it, had his chance, only on the list becuase of his name.......

Ground Hog thread?

Anduril said:
Seem to recall a great many posters saying the same thing about Raines this time last year.....won't make it, had his chance, only on the list becuase of his name.......

Ground Hog thread?
But Raines was 19 at this time last year, Tom is 21.

The Man said:
Tom Roach tagged Braun and kept him to about 8 possies at 3 qtr time then Terry finally realised that Cousins was KILLING US and then they moved tom on to him and he didn't get a touch in the last 15 minutes.  
Roach did a good job tagging but on the flip side he didn't do enough.The disappointing thing is TW didn't give him 3-4 weeks in the seniors but decided to give him 1 game to prove himself against the possible premiers.Should be given a rookie spot at least.

skybeau said:
It's funny how some here abuse Johnson for being a tagger and nothing else, yet when another tagger does a good job, the same people are quick to jump on his back...when, if encouraged, it *could* free up Johnno for a more influential role.

With all due respect Braun is not Judd.

Tigers of Old said:
skybeau said:
It's funny how some here abuse Johnson for being a tagger and nothing else, yet when another tagger does a good job, the same people are quick to jump on his back...when, if encouraged, it *could* free up Johnno for a more influential role.

Who is Judd he is a freak a one of a kind. Braun still a damn good player.

shawry said:
Tigers of Old said:
skybeau said:

Who is Judd he is a freak a one of a kind. Braun still a damn good player.

But Sugar's held Judd quite well in both games and sky's drawing a comparison.
Braun is a good player.
Do you think Roach will ever be as good as Braun?

Tigers of Old said:
shawry said:
Tigers of Old said:
skybeau said:

Who is Judd he is a freak a one of a kind.  Braun still a damn good player.

But Sugar's held Judd quite well in both games and sky's drawing a comparison.
Braun is a good player.
Do you think Roach will ever be as good as Braun?

from first guess no, but really too earl to tell, unlikely but you can never tell a dose of confidence, a good run with injuries and with his work ethic yes he may well up being as good as Braun.

shawry said:
Tigers of Old said:
shawry said:
Tigers of Old said:
skybeau said:
from first guess no, but really too earl to tell, unlikely but you can never tell a dose of confidence, a good run with injuries and with his work ethic yes he may well up being as good as Braun.
It's extremely unlikely.
Braun was a star at Tom's age and is a 150 game player.
Tommy's a small at the end of his 3rd year. He's just turned 22 and would be showing a lot more right now than he is currently.
We've got too many similar types and a host of youngsters are ahead of him.
The writing's on the wall for Tom.

Giving Roach a tag I think sums up the hierarchy's opinion of him. Haven't seen anyone yet say, forget about building our midfield, dont worry about our lack of key defenders, we need to concetrate on building a good base of taggers.

Will be very lucky to remain on the list. If he does he'll want to grab it with both hands. Sometimes you need a bit of luck.

If we can get anything for Roach at trade time, I think we should take it. I can see him being the kind of player who tops up the list and plays the odd game to cover injuries, but at the moment he is way down the pecking order at Richmond.

GoodOne said:
Giving Roach a tag I think sums up the hierarchy's opinion of him.  Haven't seen anyone yet say, forget about building our midfield, dont worry about our lack of key defenders, we need to concetrate on building a good base of taggers. 

Will be very lucky to remain on the list.  If he does he'll want to grab it with both hands.  Sometimes you need a bit of luck.

Thom actually went to TW over the off season and asked for the role, he wanted to try get himself a role in the midfield as a tagger, to learn before he goes to a more attacking role.

Roach should have been given a chance ahead of Chaffy for the past 3-4 weeks instead TW went with Chaffy who's now retired.Silly decision.

mb64 said:
Roach should have been given a chance ahead of Chaffy for the past 3-4 weeks instead TW went with Chaffy's who's now retired.Silly decision.

I agree 100%, but what is done, is done. I still hope he gets a chance to show his potential, somehow, but won't hold my breath.

A rookie spot appears to be Tommy's fate right now.
Needs to work on many apsects of his game...His awareness & presence around him, should be a good start.

The_General said:
mb64 said:
Roach should have been given a chance ahead of Chaffy for the past 3-4 weeks instead TW went with Chaffy's who's now retired.Silly decision.

I agree 100%, but what is done, is done. I still hope he gets a chance to show his potential, somehow, but won't hold my breath.
What potential?

TM, we know your opinion on Tom Roach, its been well documented...but enough's enough.

Stay out of this thread from now on, you idiot, until you've got something new and actually beneficial to add, k?

why should he stay out of the thread?

so all the rest of you can hi-5 eachother and speak some more fluff about roach who did a great job on braun, who by the way was probably asleep thinking about FINALS this week

keep it real