Tom Roach threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach threads [Merged]

checkside said:
richards42 said:
Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

I'd rather see the rookie list used to unearth a gem at Tigerland in the search for a player like Aaron Davey or Michael Johnson. 8)
Well instead of rookieing 2-3 like we usually do lets rookie 6 and we may save 2 careers that maybe worth saving.
Agreed some gems do come out Howat was great last year.We would still have 4 spots for speculative picks.
The odds would be much better if we had picks in the national draft.
We cant rookie 6 when we will have 2 veterans.
Do we put the veterans on the main list, so we can get a crack at 2 more kids?

richards42 said:
checkside said:
richards42 said:
Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

I'd rather see the rookie list used to unearth a gem at Tigerland in the search for a player like Aaron Davey or Michael Johnson. 8)
Well instead of rookieing 2-3 like we usually do lets rookie 6 and we may save 2 careers that maybe worth saving.
Agreed some gems do come out Howat was great last year.We would still have 4 spots for speculative picks.

If we do that, we probably can't afford to pay them.

Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

Or the next Garth Taylor. 8)

Richards42: a man after my own heart! :fing32

richards42 said:
checkside said:
richards42 said:
Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

Once a player has gone onto the veterans list he can not go back onto the main list unless he is delisted and redrafted.

Ready said:
Tigers of Old said:
Let's not.

Or the next Garth Taylor. 8)

Dare I ask who Garth Taylor is? :hihi

Seriously we pretty well know Tom's bag of tricks.
How much better do you honestly think he'll get after being placed on the minimum wage?

I'd rather spend the money on a young project player who's new to the scene and hungry for success.
I just can't see how a rookie demotion would do a player who's been on our senior list for three years any favours whatsoever.

Would you mind taking a haircut if it meant you had one more shot at your dream?

Taylor came from Fremantle via Swan Districts and had number 13 immediately before Justin Blumfield. Not that he ever wore it in the seniors. :wavey

The rookie list should be for the odd project player a ruckman and lots and lots of talls. I think putting average smalls like Roach on the roookie list is the height of stupidity, you put players on who take time to develop. Fill your rookie list with possible talls, be ruthless about turning them over and you too could be playing this week like West Coast! Its been well publicised how well teams like the weagles have used their rookie list and good talent scouting to fill out their team.

Brettstigers said:
The rookie list should be for the odd project player a ruckman and lots and lots of talls. I think putting average smalls like Roach on the roookie list is the height of stupidity, you put players on who take time to develop. Fill your rookie list with possible talls, be ruthless about turning them over and you too could be playing this week like West Coast! Its been well publicised how well teams like the weagles have used their rookie list and good talent scouting to fill out their team.
Such as Angus Graham. Cam Howat and Matt White have done alright though.

sam_reeves said:
Brettstigers said:
Matt White was taken in the PSD not the Rookie Draft.

sam_reeves said:
Brettstigers said:
Do people know anything about Richmond.
Matt White was taken in the PSD not the rookie draft.

checkside said:
sam_reeves said:
Brettstigers said:
Matt White was taken in the PSD not the Rookie Draft.
my mistake he did too

don't care, gave us nothing!!
not interested,
whats next week a story about Ben hollands?

Noticed that too, Jinxy. He's a very solid unit these days.

WesternTiger said:
Most likely P Bowden!

Sorry SB ;D

725707_1_O.jpg

:hearton :hearton :hearton

Funnily enough, Ben Holland is also at Balwyn with Patrick this year.

It said he'd join Moss and Cable etc to be the only players to have represented WA and Vic. I have a minor suspision that our own David Palm represented WA and Vic AS WELL as SA but I may be wrong. Certainly did represent SA and WA.

Tom's been selected for the WAFL vs VFL game. So has Andrew Krakouer, if anyone was interested.

Jukes Extended said:
How are Balwyn traveling this year anyway?

Undefeated through 3 rounds. Top of the table clash with Noble Park this weekend.