Tom Roach threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tom Roach threads [Merged]

Re: Back with a bang: Tom Roach

WesternTiger said:
Tigermad2005 said:
loved his pass to Richo in the 1st only missed him by 5 foot.

TM see your boy Limach kicked 4 today in the final!

I think he will still be around in 2007
One can only hope not.
If todays game shows us anthing we still need to cull a number of players.

Thomas Roach will be at Tigerland next year. However, it will definetly be his last chance to impress. I think he will pass the grade and blossom into a fine footballer.

Tigermad2005 said:
WesternTiger said:
Tigermad2005 said:

One can only hope not.

Come on TM I have given you the names of the guys that will go instead Limbach

WesternTiger said:
Tigermad2005 said:
WesternTiger said:
Tigermad2005 said:

One can only hope not.

I guess we will find out in the next few weeks.
Good to see him named in the best as well.

Tigermad2005 said:
WesternTiger said:
Tigermad2005 said:
WesternTiger said:
Tigermad2005 said:

One can only hope not.

I guess we will find out in the next few weeks.
Good to see him named in the best as well.

Don't read to much into that TM...they had Humm in the best last week when he had shocker

TM, do you hope our draft picks develop into our good senior players? Sounds like you're gunning against a real young bloke, who's come from a long, long way back. Wouldn't you rather see him get a shot and succeed?

The_General said:
TM, do you hope our draft picks develop into our good senior players? Sounds like you're gunning against a real young bloke, who's come from a long, long way back. Wouldn't you rather see him get a shot and succeed?
Have said that i hope all our players make it, but i just don't see it happening.
You said it yourself he is coming from along way back. The list is only so big and when you are not 1st or 2nd rd draft pick you have to have showen you can play or it bye bye.

Roach aint up to it pure and simple and the only thing thats saved him is his pace and his surname.

Sadly for Tommy neither should save him this year, has gone backwards and not good enough, hasnt shown anything in last 2 years.

Tigermad2005 said:
The_General said:
Have said that i hope all our players make it, but i just don't see it happening.
You said it yourself he is coming from along way back. The list is only so big and when you are not 1st or 2nd rd draft pick you have to have showen you can play or it bye bye.

I think, because he showed over the last preseason that he's prepared to work hard to try and make the level, he'd deserve one more year

Tom Roach is not up to AFL level. Pure and simple. If he wasn't Michael Roach's son he wouldn't have been drafted. Another Miller smokescreen at the time.

Just noticed the AFL website had Roach in our best players!! 5 possessions :eek: :eek: :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ridley said:
Just noticed the AFL website had Roach in our best players!! 5 possessions :eek: :eek: :rofl :rofl :rofl

Each possession was worth 5, no 6 actually

I know he was following Braun at one point who ended with 5 kicks 11 handballs.

I have no idea whether Roach was only on Braun or if he was put on other jobs.

Anyone know roach's TOG?

The Man said:
Tom Roach tagged Braun and kept him to about 8 possies at 3 qtr time then Terry finally realised that Cousins was KILLING US and then they moved tom on to him and he didn't get a touch in the last 15 minutes. Cammy Howat, gees hes a great runner FORWARD but never goes back or stays on his man, he was braun in the last quarter and braun doubled his possisions in the one quarter

great point there THE MAN :clap. What is really annoying is so many people jumped on young Tommy when he first came. What is even more annoying is the constent bagging and saying if it wasnt for being Michael's son he wouldnt be playing. This is a load of crap. From what i have read on this i have read that when young tommy broke his jaw he was doing pushups when he was waiting for surgery. Does this show he really wants to play AFL footy?I thought Richmond Supporters were better than this most just jump on and off the band wagon and wont to get rid of everyone wake up to your self people.

go tigers123 said:
great point there THE MAN :clap. What is really annoying is so many people jumped on young Tommy when he first came. What is even more annoying is the constent bagging and saying if it wasnt for being Michael's son he wouldnt be playing. This is a load of crap. From what i have read on this i have read that when young tommy broke his jaw he was doing pushups when he was waiting for surgery. Does this show he really wants to play AFL footy?
That's all well & good that he WANTS to play AFL footy, but is he up to the standard of AFL footy - 2 totally different scenarios. I would have loved to see Tommy follow in the quality of his old man, but like Bourke jnr, He just ain't the same quality. :thumbsdown

The Man said:
Tom Roach tagged Braun and kept him to about 8 possies at 3 qtr time then Terry finally realised that Cousins was KILLING US and then they moved tom on to him and he didn't get a touch in the last 15 minutes. Cammy Howat, gees hes a great runner FORWARD but never goes back or stays on his man, he was braun in the last quarter and braun doubled his possisions in the one quarter

Good news.

I'm about to watch the game on Fox footy, a glutton for punishment I know :-[ I will keep an eye on Tommy. Already seen him do a nice tackle.

I thought he did ok during the game...he was never more than a few meters away from Braun while he was on the ground and as The Man said, he held him to 8 possies to 3 quarter time. If it was any other player, I'd imagine people would be saying 'well played'. But its Tom Roach, who seems incapable of praise for some reason. Yes, I saw his pass miss Richo...his sole mistake. That's a 20% error rate for the game...there'd be others who'd have higher rates than that.

I will fair dinkum spew if he isn't given another year, after the shafting he's got this year.

It's funny how some here abuse Johnson for being a tagger and nothing else, yet when another tagger does a good job, the same people are quick to jump on his back...when, if encouraged, it *could* free up Johnno for a more influential role.