Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

mj72 said:
jeez rockstar you have taken some artistic license there. Ever thought of writing for the soaps?, I reckon your not far off labeling this all a dream sequence and we will wake up tomorrow and it never happened.

I freely admit to taking artistic licence - its only possible because there are so many holes to the story!

The question is, why wasn't alcohol mentioned?

Was it the journo's decision to leave it out of the story? Was there no alcohol at a new years street party? Or was another party substance involved?

Pretty standard questions... and I'm not advocating any of them as the correct answer :)

nearly 2 weeks and still no charges have been laid, starting to think that the 3 guys that tt attacked had a bit more to do with it than what was reported in the article.

it might be wishfull thunking but starting to look like the parties involved may kiss and make up................hopefully

It was interesting to see that Taylor was in attendance today at the course for draftees on the pitfalls of public life as an AFL footballer and the behaviour expectations set for them.

It does seem that RFC are determined to push on with this young bloke. Perhaps they know something we don't ... perhaps.

turk-d-tiger said:
nearly 2 weeks and still no charges have been laid, starting to think that the 3 guys that tt attacked had a bit more to do with it than what was reported in the article.

Hope you're right turk.  My gut feeling is that Troy will be available to play for us.  I hope he's honest with himself and uses the experience to develop as a player and more importantly as a person. I wouldn't read too much into no charges yet.  Andrew Lovett's alleged incident happened before Troy's and still no charges either.  Certainly doesn't mean there won't be though.

Yep, hopefully nothing legal comes of this, and the kid gets a massive reality check as to scrutiny AFL players are under, with anything they do in the public eye.

Shameka you are spot on - the way the justice system cuurently runs, one can kill someone and get no jail time, unless one was driving a car at the time of the offence ::).

Always two sides to a story and everyone makes a mistakes.

Lets wait and see what he is like on the footy field.

A couple of points

1. I dont believe a word I read in the Herald
2. One bloke allegedly beating up 3 blokes is much more acceptable to me than three blokes beating up one bloke. Hopefully it signals that TT is a tough prick who takes no crap and as he matures (as almost all 18 yo's do), he channels his alleged aggression towards opposition backmen.
3. I dont really buy into the expectation that all public figures live like saints. I know they get paid heaps etc., but teenage lads are going to get into strife. As long as the strife isnt too seedy (I'll go out on a limb here and classify seedy as class A drugs, sexual assault and aggravated assault) and they learn from it and pull their heads in, Im not that bothered.

According to someone on BigFooty (I know, I know) who spoke to a player's parent, Taylor's charges have been dropped.

Great news if true :) Although I doubt we'll find anything in the media about it....as a young indigenous footballer having his charges DROPPED doesn't seem to be newsworthy ::)

skiptomystu said:
Great news if true :) Although I doubt we'll find anything in the media about it....as a young indigenous footballer having his charges DROPPED doesn't seem to be newsworthy ::)

It will certainly *smile* off some of the posters here. It was starting to feel like they wanted Troy to get into trouble so that they could rehash all their old posts from the Krak thread.

I reckon it was just pure sensationalism from the media.

Geez how could Richmond not look bad in the press for so many months?? Something needed to be done.

skiptomystu said:
According to someone on BigFooty (I know, I know) who spoke to a player's parent, Taylor's charges have been dropped.

Hadn't even heard that Troy had been charged with anything. Thought the incident was being " investigated " with a view to laying charges if sufficient evidence could be established.
Don't think Lovett has been charged yet either, Plod are still trying to find enough solid info to justify laying charges and going to court.

TigerMasochist said:
Hadn't even heard that Troy had been charged with anything. Thought the incident was being " investigated " with a view to laying charges if sufficient evidence could be established.
Don't think Lovett has been charged yet either, Plod are still trying to find enough solid info to justify laying charges and going to court.

No he hasn't TM as far as we all know.

I think what was meant was that the investigation has been concluded and no charges will be laid. I hope this is the case, but time will tell I guess.

skiptomystu said:

If it came from BF it's probably not true, but good news for the club and the player concerned if it is. If this is true the club should put out a media release saying so, because you are right no one in the MSM will do it if the club don't.