Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

The Boss said:
Charged with assault.
Will appear in court in the next few weeks.

Not good news at all. Considering his priors, unless he can somehow prove self defense, we won't be seeing much of young Troy :'(

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/89097/default.aspx

The Richmond Football Club can confirm that Troy Taylor has been charged with assault over an incident in Alice Springs on New Years Eve. He has been summonsed to appear in the Alice Springs Magistrates Court on February 18.

“We knew Troy had a number of issues he was dealing with when we drafted him,” Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said.

“The Richmond Football Club has a professional network of support helping Troy address his issues but we have also advised Troy that he needs to take personal responsibility for the decisions he makes,” Gale said.

Due to legal reasons there will be no further comment from the club until after Troy has been to court on February 18.

What a shame. I hope the club can support TT. But at the same time, he's an adult and doesn't need rescuing from his mistakes. Here's hoping this can work out for the best.

Nothing much more here, but nonetheless ...

AFL career in doubt as NT star charged
STAFF WRITERS

February 1st, 2010

RICHMOND draftee Troy Taylor has been charged with assault over an incident in Alice Springs on New Years Eve.

Northern Territory police today charged Taylor, 18, with one count of assault over his alleged involvement in the incident at a street party just after midnight on New Years Day.

He has been summonsed to appear in the Alice Springs Magistrates Court on February 18.

The Northern Territory News revealed last month that Taylor had allegedly assaulted three men aged 33, 39 and 47 at the street party in Campbell St.

Taylor was taken by the Tigers with pick 51 in the 2009 national draft.

The Richmond Football Club chief executive Brendon Gale is expected to issue a statement this afternoon.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2010/02/01/120201_ntnews.html

RoryBaby said:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/89097/default.aspx

The Richmond Football Club can confirm that Troy Taylor has been charged with assault over an incident in Alice Springs on New Years Eve. He has been summonsed to appear in the Alice Springs Magistrates Court on February 18.

“We knew Troy had a number of issues he was dealing with when we drafted him,” Richmond CEO Brendon Gale said.
Yet this incident happened after we drafted him.This is a "nothing" statement from Gale.

The kid has ability. This is a shame. Am glad he wasn't an early pick. Pretty sure I did read somewhere that we needed permission from the NT dept of Justice for him to move south ? This has just spanked that I would think. I wonder if he will end up fronting up for us in an RFC jumper ? At this stage - 50/50 ?

Fromthestands said:
Not good news at all. Considering his priors, unless he can somehow prove self defense, we won't be seeing much of young Troy :'(

Others may know more than me, but I thought they are not allowed to take into account prior offences comitted as a minor or even to mention them in court?

Personally, I wouldn't give up yet.

It is his first offense as a Richmond player, and if he shows true remorse then he deserves another chance.

My fingers are crossed that the NT court will show mercy on him, though I have only contempt for the NT justice system.

Remember Lindy Chamberlain!

Also remember, that there was also a young man whom once played for Hawthorn, went through a similar hard time, yet found his way back to football immortality with the Geelong football club. He was given a divine nickname too. He was given a 2nd chance.

All I ask is that we stand by this boy and give him a chance to redeem himself.

If he was my son, I'd be asking the same thing.

But, certainly, no more trips back to the NT, after Feb 18th.

:mad:

mb64 said:
Yet this incident happened after we drafted him.This is a "nothing" statement from Gale.

Being a lawyer himself, I wonder how confident Gale is about Taylor's chances and future?

BrisTiger24 said:
Being a lawyer himself, I wonder how confident Gale is about Taylor's chances and future?

I hope he has got someone good to represent him.

Would the club provide that? Maybe someone who barracks for the club might represent him for free?

I would hope any Magistrate would see that the RFC offers him genuine hope and take that into account if he is found guilty.

Hope for a suspended sentence and a heavy fine. This is your chance kid, you better hope your given the opportunity to take it.

KiwiTig said:
I hope he has got someone good to represent him.

Would the club provide that? Maybe someone who barracks for the club might represent him for free?

He's made a huge mistake, and who know he may well be punished with jailtime for it BUT I wouldve thought the court would have to take into account that hes just been given a chance (albeit he punched on after being drafted) that not many poorer aboriginal kids receive, a chance to play professional sport, make very good money and potentially turn his life around while helping his own family and wider community. It would seem a massive waste if he were to be placed in jail, I imagine that he would be punished but jail would seem fruitless for all involved and I do hear that the NT judicial system isn't in the business of locking aboriginals up just to make examples out of them, they do work as hard as they can to keep them out of jail especially young people.

Tiger_4_Life said:
It would seem a massive waste if he were to be placed in jail, I imagine that he would be punished but jail would seem fruitless for all involved and I do hear that the NT judicial system isn't in the business of locking aboriginals up just to make examples out of them, they do work as hard as they can to keep them out of jail especially young people.

Ah that you were a judge T4L! The logic in your argument is just too sound, alas.

Phar Ace said:
Ah that you were a judge T4L! The logic in your argument is just too sound, alas.

In saying this, I shouldn't neglect that there were 3 victims involved and he may well deserve some time depending on the extent of the injuries he allegedly inflicted. If they were my own family members who were assaulted I may not be so forgiving.