Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Charged with 1 count of assault huh, after allegedly belting 3 wombats.
I reckon he'll get off.

Phar Ace said:
And you would have preferred he said what exactly?
gustiger12 said:
I would hope any Magistrate would see that the RFC offers him genuine hope and take that into account if he is found guilty.
Hopefully his punishment will fit the crime as l can't see why he should be given special treatment because he's an AFL footballer or "Richmond offer him hope".

mb64 said:
Hopefully his punishment will fit the crime as l can't see why he should be given special treatment because he's an AFL footballer or "Richmond offer him hope".
Hard to argue with that logic too, but what will be the forseeable outcomes of both scenarios...oh and what did you want Benny Gale to say by the way?

mb64 said:

does that extend to him being given the right to a trial before being convicted?

you seem very eager to see this guy behind bars

Tiger74 said:
you seem very eager to see this guy behind bars

I don't get that impression from mb at all, he is right and in a perfect world special treatment shouldn't be given, but we're not in that world so I'd say the fact he is a young draftee will play a massive role in his punishment or the longevity of his sentence. What will happen if he gets 1-2 months imprisonment? Would the RFC stand by him?

Tiger_4_Life said:
I don't get that impression from mb at all, he is right and in a perfect world special treatment shouldn't be given, but we're not in that world so I'd say the fact he is a young draftee will play a massive role in his punishment or the longevity of his sentence. What will happen if he gets 1-2 months imprisonment? Would the RFC stand by him?

And what about the AFL's 'bringing the game into disrepute' philosophy? Can the club even be fined?

mb64 said:

Conversely the reason he has been charged could be because he is an AFL footballer and he is already getting special treatment.

Phar Ace said:
And what about the AFL's 'bringing the game into disrepute' philosophy? Can the club even be fined?

I'm sure Captain Shitface will be looking into it after the trial

What would be gained by sending him to jail? I would have thought the courts would be doing what they could to keep an 18 year old kid out of an adult prison if they could, as long as there was a genuine hope of rehabilitation.

The issue is.........he has got form. This is not a one off incident. He has already had more serious issues than this. He slipped to 51 because clubs were concerned of this - his ability was such that he probably should have gone earlie r. He has been given a wonderful chance to play AFL at the highest level & he does not appear (at the moment) to respect that. That is the problem from where I sit. I hope for the sake of (a) the RFC that they (the NT judicial system if he is found guilty) are lenient (b) the boy, that he finally gets the message. Yes, stuff it - I'll be selfish - Club & supporters number 1. Lets be honest here , if we hadn't drafted him & Troy had gone to Carlton or Collingwood - how would we be looking at it now ? He has a chance to turn his life around - the Club is giving him that. It's up to him now.

Tiger_4_Life said:

if he's found guilty, he should cop his whack, and if thats time so be it

before people looking forward to his delisting however (which will be inevitable if he cops time IMO), we should wait till he has at least been convicted.

mb64 said:
He might not be coming back to Melb after 18/2.

True.

In the hands of the NT Police, the young fellow has a good chance of dying in custody.

mb64 said:

Tongue firmly in cheek but isn't it enough punishment to get drafted to Richmond?

mb64 said:
Its not special treatment because he's an AFL footballer, but any Magistrate will take into consideration the potential for rehabilitation and the fact that his personal circumstances have changed dramatically and may decide to give him his last chance. Conversely he might also say that he has been given a chance, but though his own actions has shown he has not made the most of his opportunities and has put his future at risk.

Personally I hope he gets a last chance, because otherwise he doesn't have much to look forward too.

Tiger74 said:
if he's found guilty, he should cop his whack, and if thats time so be it

before people looking forward to his delisting however (which will be inevitable if he cops time IMO), we should wait till he has at least been convicted.

Couldn't have said it better.

Hard to have an opinion about how Troy should be treated without knowing actual details of the incident or his circumstances. There's a difference in a biff in the nose and a violent assault. We're all responsible for our own actions and obliged to obey the law or any other conditions put on us due to past behaviour. I hope Troy gets a fair hearing and punishment if found guilty. I hope, even moreso, that he isn't guilty.

Phar Ace said:

Surely that will not apply. The AFL hung Ben Cousins despite him not commiting an offence, took no action against Richard Pratt or Daniel Kerr, so I fail to see how the can now be hypocrits and hang this young kid.

Streak said:
Surely that will not apply. The AFL hung Ben Cousins despite him not commiting an offence, took no action against Richard Pratt or Daniel Kerr, so I fail to see how the can now be hypocrits and hang this young kid.

I think your examples show exactly why the AFL can be hypocrites on this

they have put away the wet lettuce they just used on CFC for the booze cruise, be interesting to see what they do if TT cops a conviction

Phantom said:
True.

In the hands of the NT Police, the young fellow has a good chance of dying in custody.

Your post may have been a little tongue in cheek Phanto, but thats pretty disrespectful to the hard working coppers up here, a few of that I call good mates. I seem to remember stories of dodgy cops and uneccesary shootings from all around the world, not only the NT.

Have you had a bad experience with the NT police and courts? Or are you still championing Lindy Chamberlain 30 years on and still bearing a grudge?